Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    :embarassed: well as anticipated, i didn't loose any thing the last few days......stuck where i always get stuck....at 191.8. I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP.....I will do this......I think after I get off work tonight i am going to walk extra long!! No matter how much it hurts! I just hear this little voice in my mind, saying don't give up, you can do this!:brokenheart: Hope everyone else on the Team is going great:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    my weight is 209 so lost 1 lb. for the week. not as much as I'd like but I'll take it. every little bit helps!

I did get my work out in this morning and I am one tired puppy now. Still have housework to do, so not done burning the cals. I need it cause I've been in such a funk lately.

It's amazing what a good sweat will do for the mood, huh?
  • LostinCali
    Options
    oh and my fitness goal for the week will be at LEAST 20 mins. a day for the next 6 days (starting today) but will try to get my 60 mins. in if possible (if my body will let me).

I can do it, I just need to stay motivated, darn it! haha

Good luck this week, blues!!
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey Blue Team, gained a few lbs but I guess it was all due to aunt flo visiting because I just weighed in and im down . . .:flowerforyou: phew. Current weight is 155. Zumba is a definate must try . . . so glad my gym started it!!
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am not surprised, but frustrated that I gained 2 lbs this week. Part of it's the medication I was on and then there's that little thing called willpower that I forgot to bring to the table last week. Oh well, it could have been worse right? This week's a new week and a chance to lose that plus more :wink:

Fitness challenge: I'll aim for 5 out of 7 days with 45 minutes or more each time. I usually do about 30 minutes 4 days a week, so the challenge is to add another day and increase the time. Baby steps right?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sooo glad to see more of you guys posting! All your fitness goals sound great!!! Don't forget the water too! :drinker:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a definate must try . . . so glad my gym started it!!

I love Zumba. We have it offered at my work on Fridays and it's a great way to end the week - even if I huff and puff through it all :laugh:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am very disappointed in myself and very ashamed to report that I have been doing very bad this week. I gained two pounds putting me at 244 I know why and now I have to correct it. My husband is trying to be nice and said it looks like I lost weight but I have not.

First I have not been working out like I should and I have not been logging my food and I have been doing happy hour. Well I work at a very crazy bio tech firm and my boss has been buying drinks for us and at 3pm the office starts to drink on thursdays and fridays and I have been part of that.

But I will start this week new and fresh and I will start my cardio and speed walking again. I am just so upset with myself it seems like I fall off more than I am on board. I told my husband the other night through tears that I think I have an over eating disorder. :cry:

But I really need to get my self and act together I hope everyone else had a better week and I for nothing else will make the up coming one the best possible for myself.
  • LostinCali
    Options
    I am very disappointed in myself and very ashamed to report that I have been doing very bad this week. I gained two pounds putting me at 244 I know why and now I have to correct it. My husband is trying to be nice and said it looks like I lost weight but I have not.

First I have not been working out like I should and I have not been logging my food and I have been doing happy hour. Well I work at a very crazy bio tech firm and my boss has been buying drinks for us and at 3pm the office starts to drink on thursdays and fridays and I have been part of that.

But I will start this week new and fresh and I will start my cardio and speed walking again. I am just so upset with myself it seems like I fall off more than I am on board. I told my husband the other night through tears that I think I have an over eating disorder. :cry:

But I really need to get my self and act together I hope everyone else had a better week and I for nothing else will make the up coming one the best possible for myself.

I can honestly say I haven't been putting in 100% the last two weeks, so I know how it feels to be haunted by the guilts. Hang in there. No one changes overnight. The fact that you are here, and had the courage to be honest about what you need to change, speaks volumes! Pick yourself up and do better this week. That's my biggest personal goal for the week: To just do better! And only I can judge whether that's happening or not. I have to say, I'm a huge lover of happy hours hahaha... so I feel your pain. hehe.
  • RachVR6
    Options

I can honestly say I haven't been putting in 100% the last two weeks, so I know how it feels to be haunted by the guilts. Hang in there. No one changes overnight. The fact that you are here, and had the courage to be honest about what you need to change, speaks volumes! Pick yourself up and do better this week. That's my biggest personal goal for the week: To just do better! And only I can judge whether that's happening or not. I have to say, I'm a huge lover of happy hours hahaha... so I feel your pain. hehe.

I agree. Heck, I've been a part of this site since August of last year and have yet to get below 190! I have all the knowledge I need to succeed, but we all know there's much more to it than that. We all have our battles to fight, but you sound like you know exactly what you need to do. :flowerforyou:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    I think where I have screwed up in the past with trying to "lose weight" is that I have thought of it as exactly that. The unwritten law is that when I get down to my desired weight, everything will be wonderful and I'll be able to eat "normal" again. What I have finally realized is that the so-called normal eating is what got me into trouble in the first place. I didn't start losing weight until I found things that I like to do which involve moving more. I play softball, cycle, work out with weights in the gym, walk the dog, play catch with my son, go mountain biking, and anything else I can think of to have fun while moving as much as possible.
    You will never see me posting about running. I hate to run. I know they say it's the best way to burn calories and lose weight, but if I hate doing it, I know I won't want to and I'll find reasons not to run which will sabotage my fitness. So I find reasons to do other fun things that get me out and keep me moving. If you excercise to have fun, then you will do it more and you will be more healthy. I know that parents don't have a lot of time to do stuff w/out the kids. Playing tag or hide and go seek with your kids is also a workout. It is an unstructured interval workout. You get your heart rate up runing and let it back down while resting or waiting for the kids to hide. There are lots of ways for parents to excercise. Just try following your kids around at the park for a half hour...doing what they do. You will be exhausted!! I excercise to maintain a lifestyle and to offset some of the negative effects of the things I like to eat.
    I find daily motivation reading y'all's posts. How y'all juggle busy schedules while still managinf to get in the workouts. Try to have fun with them. No one likes to work, so change your "work" out into a "fun" out.
    I hope y'all have a great day!!

Bryce
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I think where I have screwed up in the past with trying to "lose weight" is that I have thought of it as exactly that. The unwritten law is that when I get down to my desired weight, everything will be wonderful and I'll be able to eat "normal" again. What I have finally realized is that the so-called normal eating is what got me into trouble in the first place. I didn't start losing weight until I found things that I like to do which involve moving more. I play softball, cycle, work out with weights in the gym, walk the dog, play catch with my son, go mountain biking, and anything else I can think of to have fun while moving as much as possible.
    You will never see me posting about running. I hate to run. I know they say it's the best way to burn calories and lose weight, but if I hate doing it, I know I won't want to and I'll find reasons not to run which will sabotage my fitness. So I find reasons to do other fun things that get me out and keep me moving. If you excercise to have fun, then you will do it more and you will be more healthy. I know that parents don't have a lot of time to do stuff w/out the kids. Playing tag or hide and go seek with your kids is also a workout. It is an unstructured interval workout. You get your heart rate up runing and let it back down while resting or waiting for the kids to hide. There are lots of ways for parents to excercise. Just try following your kids around at the park for a half hour...doing what they do. You will be exhausted!! I excercise to maintain a lifestyle and to offset some of the negative effects of the things I like to eat.
    I find daily motivation reading y'all's posts. How y'all juggle busy schedules while still managinf to get in the workouts. Try to have fun with them. No one likes to work, so change your "work" out into a "fun" out.
    I hope y'all have a great day!!

Bryce

Very inspirational.

I think I'll try and get my bf to go down and walk the river with me tonight...and if he doesn't want to go, maybe I'll go it alone and take my camera along. I know there are lots of baby ducks around! :smile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I agree Bryce! For me working out is playing tennis or going for a bike ride... I LOVE hiking... When I first started to jog it was to lose weight... Really I dont like it.. But I am sooooo happy that I started, now my CV is much much better! Lots of times when I didnt feel like "working out" I would crank up my kids favorite song (popcorn) and dance around with them... Running around the house jumping over things with them... I would run down the hall and they would chase me then I would pick them up and run with them back to the living room... We would stop every once in a while for a glass of water then get going again. It was so much fun and made "working out" much easier! haha
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm having a rough time getting in my water today. My throat is reeeally sore and gross. :cry:
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I usually work out 5 days a week, but I haven't seemed to make it in the gym on Saturday and Sunday. So, my goal for this week is to get 6 workouts in....at least one on Sat or Sun. I've been doing great with the water. I think I missed one day this past week. I can't remember what my starting weight was exactly, but I think I lost 1lb. That's better than nothing. Hopefully, it'll be at least 2 this week. I hope you all are having success.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    I have been having problems for the last 2 days with water!! I picked up a hitch hiker and he was thirsty so I let him drink from my water bottle... I havent washed it... and Im a bit of a germaphob hahahaha I think I have lost it!! Thats what kept me in check!! arrrrrrrrrg!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I have been having problems for the last 2 days with water!! I picked up a hitch hiker and he was thirsty so I let him drink from my water bottle... I havent washed it... and Im a bit of a germaphob hahahaha I think I have lost it!! Thats what kept me in check!! arrrrrrrrrg!!

Ewwwwww. :laugh: I'm always tempted to pick up hitch hikers but I'm too paranoid I'm gonna get robbed or something. Same with stopping to help broken down vehicles.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

ARE YOU NUTS!:noway: -Haven't you ever heard about the robbings, rape and murders that can happen? My darlin', we need you on our team...throw him a ten instead, but be careful-especially now a days!

I love to dance-and have purposely increased my activity to be moving, whether it be walking, dancing, running, cleaning vigorously-just making sure I'm up and about. (Remember I was very sedentary for over a month after my surgery). We walked the mall and stores for hours and hours in Fargo-felt so good, my feet ached, had to sit in the hot tub! And at least I didn't feel as bad when I ate "dirty".:wink:

Keep plugging away ladies and always remember-women have sickening hormones that fluctuate and cause fluid retention. :explode:especially when you ovulate and PMS week. Watch your salt intake (it's hidden everywhere)-I actually have sodium as one of my diet settings to keep an eye. You also may have extra weight from body waste, and ALWAYS weigh yourself in the am before anything goes in your mouth-and be buck naked. Don't get discouraged,:flowerforyou: try not to worry as much about the number, but the fact that your changing your LIFESTYLE forever...and the inches will come off! Trust me I know.:drinker: Oh and drink as much water as your body can do-at least 9 cups, replacing anything that causes dehydration with more water, ie-caffeine, hot weather and sweating, exercise. Your pee should be almost as light as toilet water unless you take Vitamin B or a Multivitamin. Also OMEGA 3 SUPPLEMENTS AND EXERCISE, OR FOOD WITH OMEGA 3 HELPS LOSE FAT, start now!:wink:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    ARE YOU NUTS!:noway: -Haven't you ever heard about the robbings, rape and murders that can happen? My darlin', we need you on our team...throw him a ten instead, but be careful-especially now a days!

Im not crazy! I pick up hitch hikers all the time!! One a few conditions.. If im driving with my brother or sister... I wont pick one up if im alone... If I am alone I will only pick up hitch hikers who are girls.. and who dont look scary... Um.. If I am driving with someone else before I pick them up I check to see if they have a lot of gear (hiking backpack things like that) chances are they are not going to harm me and really just need a ride... And some times I know the ppl hitching a ride ... So its no big deal! haha
  • LostinCali
    Options
    Bryce, I'm with you... HATE running. I'm a tall ogre so it really hurts my knees and ummm chest area! hahaha seriously. But I do agree, too, that exercise can be fun. I love playing with my kids and I am an at home mom so I do a heck of a lot of cleaning which I make fun by cranking up the music & dancing while doing my chores. Really makes the time fly by and works up a sweat! But for me, that's not enough. So I have to actually work out too... so I do my best to get my rear in gear but some days I just don't have it in me.

OK a bit of a vent haha... I catch myself thinking bad thoughts about people that are 'naturally' skinny... you know, the ones that eat whatever and never gain a thing, then trot around in their lil tiny outfits waiting for the nearest person to check them out. I think part of my problem is that I used to be one of these people who never gained weight (even though I still never dressed in my undies to get groceries HAHA).

And the biggest thing for me is that a person can't realize how hard it is to be bigger until they ARE bigger. I can't go into any store and buy a shirt off the rack and have it look beautiful. I have to actually search for the XL or XXL and then hope and pray I will actually fit into it. I know now what that's like and it's really changed me. Some for the better but a lot for the worse. How can I get over my "resentment"? (if that's what it is?)