Grils...how would you react?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    i would love to turn around just once to see girl looking me up and down with delight in her smile. Never happens. Maybe one day.
    I'll ogle you if you ogle me. Deal?
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i would love to turn around just once to see girl looking me up and down with delight in her smile. Never happens. Maybe one day.

It happens, but we're sneaky. And mysterious. You'll never catch us!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What a really wanted to do was starting to sing "I am sexy and a know it" while dancing and slapping my bum

I so would have done this lol
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I really wish girls would get the hell over being ogled. Take a compliment and move the hell on with your day. Unless he's following you to you car or pestering you with drool puddles and rambles, there is seriously NO HARM DONE!

Maybe it just takes having a rack the size of TX to get used to this.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I don't really know why everyone is being so positive about it... I find it very impolite to stare at someone while they're working out. There are a lot of really hot guys with nice muscles at the gym I went to, but I didn't stare at them (as much as I appreciated a guy working his muscles, I don't stare). Actually, isn't it always rude to stare? Very few people feel comfortable being stared at... this is why we consider it socially rude - it's not cool to make another person feel uncomfortable, especially for your own benefit. It's even ruder if it's for your own SEXUAL benefit, IN PUBLIC where others can see you blatantly disrespecting this person.

LOL, sure, take it as an NSV, but I don't understand how someone disrespecting your comfort can be taken as a compliment. I stare at animals in the zoo, not at people... and i certainly don't stare at men while presumably fueling some sexual fantasy (why else stare at an *kitten*?). Oh wait, that's not entirely true... I do stare at men from afar (like, if they're working on construction or something) when I'm far away enough that they can't possibly know I'm staring. And I obviously look and exchange flirtacious behaviour if I'm available and in an appropriate setting, like a bar or something. I STILL don't stare then.

When did it stop being rude to stare? >_<
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    "Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun: you don't stare at it - it's too risky. You get a sense of it and look away!"

LOL. Well said.
  • garyl7593
    garyl7593 Posts: 38
    Options
    My rule is never get caught looking ;) Never stare though! lol
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of your posts are about guys checking you out. So be flattered. Lots of girls would kill to have guys ogling them at this point in their weightloss.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I really wish girls would get the hell over being ogled. Take a compliment and move the hell on with your day. Unless he's following you to you car or pestering you with drool puddles and rambles, there is seriously NO HARM DONE!

lol agreed. we're bosom buddies
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

It happens, but we're sneaky. And mysterious. You'll never catch us!

If you could dip your head and shoulder while biting your index finger while staring that would be great.
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always the only woman on the weight floor and I lift heavy. So I get a lot of looks regardless. I just ignore them. Or I make eye contact and they look away.

Relevant funny story... was at the gym with my mom and she was checking out this guy. He caught her doing it and shot her a smile and flexed his bicep. She turned bright red and dropped a weight on her foot.

Best gym memory ever. I laughed for days.
    I was having a rough day and you have just made it soo much better lool! I hope your mom was okay!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Just because you are fine with some dirty old guy starting at your rack (most likely fantasizing about it) does not mean I have to "get the hell over" not being OK with it. I can take a compliment, sure, but a man blatantly staring at my chest is NOT a compliment it's offensive. If I caught someone looking and they quickly look away with embarrassment, that can be taken as a compliment. To each their own I guess.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    on saturday my professor came into the gym, and he checked out my *kitten* as i was walking away :-/

but yes, it happens a lot. don't worry about it. it's not really a big deal
  • frogger581
    Options
    this is why i wear baggy sweats at the gym, its the one part of the day thats mine, i'm not there to ogle or be ogled. thats what the club is for lol
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always the only woman on the weight floor and I lift heavy. So I get a lot of looks regardless. I just ignore them. Or I make eye contact and they look away.

Relevant funny story... was at the gym with my mom and she was checking out this guy. He caught her doing it and shot her a smile and flexed his bicep. She turned bright red and dropped a weight on her foot.

Best gym memory ever. I laughed for days.

haha awesome!
  • omellil
    omellil Posts: 14
    Options
    Gee whiz I Deplore this kind of talk... They have all these "women's only" gyms, but I've never seen a men's only, and often I wish there was one so I could attend

I check people out at the gym all the time, but since you can't look at a woman without being judged for it, I try to keep it to just men. If someone is doing some exercise I think is interesting or I've never seen before, I watch. Poster, you say you have a great *kitten*, so I'm going out on a limb to suggest it's probably not your first day at the gym, maybe he was just watching you perform some repetition of an exercise he's not familiar/ comfortable with. Or maybe he was checking you out. But we'll never know, you just assume he was being obnoxious and leering at you, so you post "how would you react?" like he's done something wrong.

And what if he was checking you out? Let's assume he was. Let's say that he'd seen you around the gym for a couple weeks or months, and that he thinks you're really pretty (including your great *kitten*) and so he would like to find out if your personality is as attractive as your appearance. We're all people here, what does any person do when they are interested to meet someone? They let you know that they've noticed you. Now, he could've walked up, interrupted your work out, maybe made you take out your ipod or whatever, and introduced himself, but instead, he just checked you out, no big deal, but enough that you noticed, not too intrusive. And maybe if you would've held eye contact or said "hello" he would've taken that as a cue to start speaking, but you didn't, so he kindly left it alone. I hear women complaining all the time that either guys never man up and let a woman know they're interested, or else when they do they are obnoxious and rude, no middle ground. As a man, sometimes it feels like you just can't win.

...then again, quite possibly he was just picking up pointers on some exercise you were doing...

Myself, I specifically avoid looking at women in the gym, as much as I'd sometimes like to, and it's forums like this that reinforce my dedication towards doing so. Nothing worse than seeing a regular attendee in great shape doing some crazy advanced squat variation (and women all seem to know these squat variations, just as men seem to know every bicep building technique ever devised) so you're watching, trying to figure out how she's posturing her lower back to make that possible without killing herself, and then *BAM* she catches you in the mirror, gives you a dirty look as though you've just degraded her somehow, and now you've got to see her a couple times a week because you're both regulars and it's awkward because somehow you've been labelled "icky". It happens; I've been there.

Sorry to rant, i know this is a long post, but really, it drives me absolutely crazy.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I get ogled at the gym all the time. Doesnt bother me at all. I notice they stare more if I ask them how to use something. I just stared using the free weights and what not in the other half of the gym. Guys stare at me like I am a cute little kitten with a big pink bow on my head and also stare at my *kitten* in my running shorts. The "OMG YOU ARE SO PRETTY AND CUTE AND LITTLE AND BEAUTIFUL.. NICE *kitten*" face is annoying but whatever. Its because im small.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    on saturday my professor came into the gym, and he checked out my *kitten* as i was walking away :-/

but yes, it happens a lot. don't worry about it. it's not really a big deal

LOL...I had a perverted teacher like that in high school, he'd do it to every girl in class though...o.0
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Gee whiz I Deplore this kind of talk... They have all these "women's only" gyms, but I've never seen a men's only, and often I wish there was one so I could attend

I check people out at the gym all the time, but since you can't look at a woman without being judged for it, I try to keep it to just men. If someone is doing some exercise I think is interesting or I've never seen before, I watch. Poster, you say you have a great *kitten*, so I'm going out on a limb to suggest it's probably not your first day at the gym, maybe he was just watching you perform some repetition of an exercise he's not familiar/ comfortable with. Or maybe he was checking you out. But we'll never know, you just assume he was being obnoxious and leering at you, so you post "how would you react?" like he's done something wrong.

And what if he was checking you out? Let's assume he was. Let's say that he'd seen you around the gym for a couple weeks or months, and that he thinks you're really pretty (including your great *kitten*) and so he would like to find out if your personality is as attractive as your appearance. We're all people here, what does any person do when they are interested to meet someone? They let you know that they've noticed you. Now, he could've walked up, interrupted your work out, maybe made you take out your ipod or whatever, and introduced himself, but instead, he just checked you out, no big deal, but enough that you noticed, not too intrusive. And maybe if you would've held eye contact or said "hello" he would've taken that as a cue to start speaking, but you didn't, so he kindly left it alone. I hear women complaining all the time that either guys never man up and let a woman know they're interested, or else when they do they are obnoxious and rude, no middle ground. As a man, sometimes it feels like you just can't win.

...then again, quite possibly he was just picking up pointers on some exercise you were doing...

Myself, I specifically avoid looking at women in the gym, as much as I'd sometimes like to, and it's forums like this that reinforce my dedication towards doing so. Nothing worse than seeing a regular attendee in great shape doing some crazy advanced squat variation (and women all seem to know these squat variations, just as men seem to know every bicep building technique ever devised) so you're watching, trying to figure out how she's posturing her lower back to make that possible without killing herself, and then *BAM* she catches you in the mirror, gives you a dirty look as though you've just degraded her somehow, and now you've got to see her a couple times a week because you're both regulars and it's awkward because somehow you've been labelled "icky". It happens; I've been there.

Sorry to rant, i know this is a long post, but really, it drives me absolutely crazy.

and this is also awesome!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    That's the beauty of having wretched eyesight. I'm completely oblivious. Plus, I look like crap at the gym, so probably no one is looking anyway. But I'm going to tell myself that I'm just too oblivious and near-sighted to notice.