when is it okay to post you're pregnant?

Options

Replies

• EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I think it's a law that you have to wait until 12 weeks. I'd report this woman to the police. Shame on her.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to do their own thing but for me.. I did it both ways. I told everyone, then lost 1. I didn't tell anyone and had another loss. Either way it's devastating.
    After going through it 4 times I'd say don't tell because like the post above me, it's harder when you run into people and they ask about the pregnancy and you have to explain it all. I even had one 'friend' tell me that I should just give up after the 4th. How rude! It was not her business!
    Btw, I ended up with 3 healthy kids and now I have 2 beautiful grandchildren. :)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    We waited til 12 weeks, but when you know when you are like two weeks, 12 weeks is a LONG time. I thought I was going to explode.

But just like it's a personal choice to tell early, some people don't mind telling everyone what happens in their lives - while I wouldn't want to hear the apologies, some people like the attention or the camaraderie of having other people know what they are going through.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Right after the baby is conceived.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    we only told our parents!
    but then my SIL called me and told me that my MIL told her
    so ofcoarse she called everyone and told them...even after i told her that
    we didnt want anyone to know incase sumthing happend!
    well 2weeks later i lost the baby to an ectopic pregnancy :(
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    But probably not during conception.
  • Krystal821
    Krystal821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely a personal choice, I told everyone when I found out. No need to hide what I am happy about. No one should care when someone decides to announce it either.
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It a personal choice!! I have 3 kids and have had 2 miscarriages. I told early because we knew there were complications and I needed the support.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I think people should wait until after the baby is born. Why spoil the big surprise for everyone?

^^^lmao

I always thought the "rule" was 12 weeks/end of first trimester because of the chance of miscarriage. Or at least until after the "official" blood test with the doctor. I can see sharing with close family, but I'm not sure I'd want the entire FB world to know and then have to tell them I lost the baby.

That aside, my SIL reported her pregnacy moments after peeing on a stick....that. was. the. longest. pregnancy. ever...so personally I like to hear after 12 weeks, then I only have to ask "how are you feeling?' for 28 weeks : )
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I didnt post until after all my family knew...It is a personal choice
  • OhYou
    OhYou Posts: 6
    Options
    It's her news to share. If she chooses to share the day she finds out, then that's HER business. There isn't a right or wrong way to tell people you're pregnant.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I think it is a personal choice and there is no 'shoulds' and 'musts'.

Agreed! I told everyone the day I found out, and I might have been three weeks at the time. I'm an open book though. I'm sure a lot of people are annoyed about my openness.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Reality says that the sooner it's accepted and announced, especially by younger women, the more likely they are to get the care they need early in the pregnancy. It's much easier to pretend it's not real if no one knows. I had a miscarriage, way back in the day, because I refused to accept that I was pregnant, and I didn't tell anyone, including the father. Denial is a *****!

I would say if she's excited enough to share it, then let her be happy. We'll never know what tomorrow will bring.
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Definitely a personal choice. I have some health stuff that can increase risk of miscarriage, so I'll admit that when the time comes, I don't plan on saying anything for awhile.

I also don't plan on putting anything on FB until we're sure we've told everyone we want to tell personally. For me, it's a SUPER personal thing and I'd hate for someone we're close to to read about it online at the same time as a guy I was in a study group for one of my classes in college. I have a wide variety of friends and acquaintances on FB, so a status update just isn't a personal enough form of communication for me.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

That part must most definitely be shared with pictures!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just saw on a girl's Facebook a photo of her pregnancy test...she's seven weeks. Is that a little early to announce a pregnancy to the world? Or is it just a sign of the times.

I was under the impression besides close family, you shouldn't tell others you're pregnant until 12 weeks.

It's completely up to the person(s). The reason most people wait until the 2nd trimester is because the rate of miscarriage decreases dramatically at that point. If you experience a loss or know someone who has it makes you more gun shy. No one wants to hear "so how's the baby" when the loss is raw.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

That part must most definitely be shared with pictures!

While playing this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o
  • KansasRain
    Options
    i told every one i knew the second i found i was preg. in my opinion if your young and healthy the only reason NOT to tell people within a few days of finding out is if you have something to hide. For women who KNOW they could have complications or who may be older i can understand waiting until its safe.

I have lost a pregnancy once, and i had told everyone when i had first found out, and had to explain i lost the baby when i lost it, but i wouldn't go back and change that. Regardless of what COULD happen, you should be happy and open about a child specially if you planned for one and it finally happens.

Also i dont think you should be concerned about when someone chooses to tell the world they are expecting, you should just be happy your considered important enough to know.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    its completely a personal choice- with my son I wanted to wait until 12 weeks, but my mom was going through breast cancer and the night before her mastectomy I told her- she really needed something to "hold" onto during her surgery (my son is my mom's first grandchild which she had been waiting A LONG time for!). I was 8 weeks. Once my mom knew all bets were off- she started calling people with me still there!!! With my daughter we told my parents at 7 weeks because we were all going on vacation together and it was easier to tell then lie about not doing things. Again once my mom knew she told everyone!
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    it's a personal choice. i found out i was pregnant at 9 weeks - we told everyone the following week. i carried to full term - actually gave birth on my due date. :)