when is it okay to post you're pregnant?

Options
1235»

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Personally we told close family between 8 and 10 weeks (via phone). We didnt make an announcement via facebook till after 20 weeks (when we had the gender ultrasound). I told my boss/coworkers at about 6 weeks because they were worried about me (morning sickness had started to kick in).
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Right after the baby is conceived.
    But probably not during conception.
    So my status update that my husband and I were making a baby last night was inappropriate? Damn.

Anyways, as someone struggling TTC I know how painful it is to see posts like that. Sonograms, baby bumps, six thousand status updates about how much being pregnant sucks. It's awful and so distressing. I've actually taken advantage of the unsubscribe feature with one friend until well after she has the baby. There's at least a daily post from her. =/ Because of all of this I've made the very personal decision to not post to FB about any pregnancy I have. I have no intentions of posting bump pictures of anything. My husbands of course wants to shout it from the rooftops when it finally does happen. So I can't exactly judge people who decide to share the news early. I just wouldn't do it. You never know who has infertility in your friends list.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Once my mom knew all bets were off- she started calling people with me still there!!!

LOL! that's how my mom was too! she already had 4 grandkids from my brothers, but she had been waiting FOREVER for ME to give her one! lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I now want to post pictures of all the negative results I get to let my lady-pleasing men know they're safe...
  • panda_rocks
    panda_rocks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Completely Personal Choice
    Nobodys business to judge.
    IMO It would be best to be happy for your friend and show support.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    Why would there be a certain amount of time to announce something you are happy or excited about?? If you got engaged would you wait 12 weeks to tell anyone? No. I would think it would definitely be a person choice. Someone who planned their pregnancy might be more likely to announce it right away but the thought of a time frame for when to tell being a standard is strange.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My friends and family and I rejoice together at happy news (a new pregnancy!) and mourn together at sad news. If I were to have a miscarriage, I would want the support and love from my family and friends; it's definitely not a burden I would want to carry by myself.

I am the same way.....my husband and I have been going through a struggle to get pregnant for 10 years. Our family and friends all know our situation. We started IVF treatments 18 months ago and I have a special group of people on FB that I keep informed of all the ups and down (the group has grown from 12 initial to over 30). These people are my close friends, family and really anyone that has asked questions about when we're going to start a family. They were there to support me through the first round of treatment and when it failed, to support me through that. We renewed our vows in December and 98% of the people in the room were part of a couple that are on that FB group.........the people that love me want to support me so I think it's my personal choice to share, but I completely understand other people's choice to keep it private (my mother went through multiple miscarriages and people are not the most tactful). So I guess in my case, it was before conception......LOL