~May~ The Biggest Loser DVD/ Health Attack ( Newbies always

Options

Replies

• tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    Well today I start my walking diet( as i call it). I miss exercising for the way I was at the beginning. I didn't think I would ever say that. But I do. Thank you to everyone that gave me advice and/or support I really appreciate it. I did end up losing 1.2 lbs. Hopefully I can lose more this week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and week. Let's try not to eat alot. I say that and I have 3 cookouts to go to this weekend. Good Luck!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Have a GREAT Memorial Day weekend!!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I did not lose this week but hey I did not gain either!! I am kind of in a low right now. Being here at my parents is HARD. They do not eat the greatest (snacks all over the house) and the things we do not eat at home that I LOVE. I have been snacking like CRAZY!!! HELP me please! How do I stop?! We are here until June 1st about and I can't keep doing this. Maybe I can do what I do when at home as soon as my husband is here tomorrow. Usually I will exercise when I get that urge to snack and then I am not hungry after so I have a 50 to 80 calorie snack and then I am good but being her alone it is hard to do that as my parents are not always around or willing to watch the kids while I work out.

Hey AMANDA! Walk away from the snacks! Just say no! Haha. I think you're on the right track. Try to distract yourself. In this book I'm reading it suggests that when you get an URGE try doing five different things to keep yourself busy and your mind off the snacking: exercise, chores, visit this forum, etc... And usually before you hit the fifth activity, your craving would have disappeared. It seems to work with me.

And I also pre-empt my hunger. I eat on a schedule: 6AM brekkie, 9AM snack, 12NN lunch, 4PM snack, 7PM dinner. I find haven't really been having cravings lately since I've stayed away from sugar. Like when I stopped eating my McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundaes... I stopped wanting more. Kind of Chicken-and-egg situation I guess...

Good luck!

Keep up your spirits girls. It's a new week! We're going to do AWESOME!

Mina
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    i am stil alive I promise not too much time to write. It looks like we are going to move soon will share later about that.....only problem is that we won't be able to have the net for a while.....:sad: talklater LOVESSs jenny
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    i am stil alive I promise not too much time to write. It looks like we are going to move soon will share later about that.....only problem is that we won't be able to have the net for a while.....:sad: talklater LOVESSs jenny
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Shh its quiet around here LOL!!! I hope everyone is having a great Holiday weekend!! I think that I am back on track !! Got on the scale this morning and it was going down again!! WOOOHOOO
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Well this weekend was not good for me. I ate way too much at the cookouts that I went to. I'll just have to get back on track tomorrow. How was everyone's long weekend?
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi everyone. .:flowerforyou:
    Hope you all had a great holiday.....
    Tabby I'm with you, We had family over and I way over did it. I going to pay for this... I didn't even log my meals, yesterday..... I was to afread to do it....I knew it would be bad.... and my exersice was nonexistent as well.... but family left this afternoon.... So tomorrow I promis I'll get back on track. Exersice and all.......

Jenny we missed you.... I hope your move goes well....I know I'm not looking forward to when I have to do it.....We fly down next weekend to look for a place to move to.....:frown: My heart is just not into this.....Maybe that will all change once we get down there and start looking for a place......
    As for the net....before we got ours I use to take the kids to the public Libreary a couple times a week just so I could get on the net..... We'ed hate it if you left us for good.:sad:
    Connie
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    I am so happy that weekend is over. I ate way too much and the scale shows it. I gained 1.8 lbs. I am back on track today. I already logged my meals for the day. Now when I get home I can exercise.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tabby, I'm so glad the weekend is over!! Time to get back into my routine of working out, logging everything & drinking my water!! I've got some "cleaning up" to do with the scale!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

I just posted the challenge in the google doc:

20 jump squats
    20 plank jacks
    20 walking lunges
    1 min plank

I'm sure y'all can do it! :) I hope everyone had a great weekend is having a better week. Last chance workout tom for me! I'm going to be doing an hour and a half of yoga and hopefully 30 min to an hour of cardio/circuit training of some form. Haha. I may even run up and down the stairs at work during my lunchtime. I'm really really dying to hit 175! Wish me luck!

(But I really need to up my calories. I think it's just bad planning. :( I've been having salads mostly and omelets for breakfast. I think I need to invest in some low carb protein shakes to make it easier. Or protein bars. Any other suggestions?)

Mina
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello again to the MFP neighborhood. I have been out of the loop for about 3 months - lost the motivation I think. Looking to get back in as my weight is back up there and I am so disappointed in myself. I got a used treadmill last week and am anxious to get busy. I have started watching my calories again as of this morning and I plan to start with a half mile run (and working my way up) on the treadmill after the kids go to bed each night. Hoping to see a result shortly so that I don't lose hope again.

I am a little stressed - I will be having a lot of home inspections in the next couple of months. I am turning my daycare from certified to licensed (county vs. state). With that comes inspections from insurance companies and the state D.H.F.S.

Also, my seventeen year old just got her license. I am not sure she is actually ready but she passed the test. Auto insurance will now quadruple.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    I am here really I am !!! I have been going crazy getting things taken care of.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

Looks like a great challenge MIna! Please excuse me, but I'll be avoiding you're first 2 items since my ankle is still not 100%. I really have to watch jumping up & down on it too much. But, I'm totally into the plank part & the walking lunges! Thanks!!

I had a great step class today. During the toning portion I was curling with 10lb weights & during the push ups I was able to do 10 boy pushups & 15 girly ones! It's awesome to feel myself getting stronger & stronger!

I'm grateful to this group for keeping me accountable & keeping me motivated!

Let's keep our eyes on the prize & press on!! :drinker:
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi everone, :flowerforyou:

I just got in from pushing a lawn mower for an hr. :sick: and expected to set and relax the rest of the evening until I got on here to log in and relized I have a challange to still do. thanks mina!!!!!!!!
    So i made myself do it.....Really I do enjoy the challanges.......I really need them this week.....But I'm not sure if I want to weight in on friday.... TOM is here and I'm sure feeling fat and I noticed the scale is up this morning too.......So we'll see after tomorrow......I think I'll go over to the school and run on the track....they just finished putting in a new one......See if I can do that mile again?????
    Mina you need to keep your calorie intake above 1200/day... I carry protein or granola bars with me for snacks... I also keep lots of nuts (peanuts & almonds etc.) around along with yogart in the fridge...witch arn't too bad on carbs. but I don't worry much about them I useally stay just below my aloted amount.

:smile: Welcome back guntherma nice to meet you,,,, staying motivated use to be my biggest problem with weight loss but this great group of ladies has really helped me out in that area.... Knowing that I have to be accountable to someone has work on keeping me going.
    Connie
  • sanifrey
    Options
    LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!! :drinker:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Ok so I have been kinda MIA !!! I have been getting stuff taken care of since my step kids will be here soon!! Cali has had things going on at school! My Dad omg he just had complete shoulder replacement in december and this week some stupid guy rammed into him knocked him down and broke his collar bone on the same side !!! He had an MRI today and thank goodness it didnt mess with his new shoulder......

I have been doing pretty good watching what I am eating and moving it when I get the chance !! I got on the scale this am and almost back to where I was !!! I hope tommorrow it says 147.8 that will make me so happy as this am I was 148.2 !!

Cali has soccer saturday and then next saturday and then June 8th is her last day of school for the summer!!! I cant believe my first born is headed into 1st grade next year !!!!

Well Ive missed you all and glad I could get back on here!!!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi ladies
    were is everyone????? Hope you all had a great workout today.....Well I didn't make it a whole mile. but is 1/2 good enought...I'm going to do 30-60 min on the wii fit when I log off here before bed.....

Crystal, just wait until your first born is graduating from college and your baby is headed to high school next year......Gull I feel so old somedays.....It all goes so fast.......I love hearing about your little ones because it brings back great memories..... But I'm sorry to hear about your father too....hope everything goes well for him......

Well I'm gona go give it one last effort and see if I can make the best of it.....and maybe get back to were I was before last weekend........:glasses:
    Keep movin everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Well I gained 2 lbs this week.:sad: I couldn't do anything because of my knees. Next week will be different. I am going to exercise through the pain. How was everyone's weight this week? I hope it is better than mine.

Way to go Mina on the 4 lbs weight loss. Keep up the hard work!!!!!!!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Morning Ladies !!!! I am back and on track !!! I lost 1.6 pounds !!! Back down to 147.6 Finally makes me feel good again and give me more of a drive to lose some more !!!! WooHoo.......