I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I realize skinny girls have insecurities too and they're allowed to have them, but think about who you're complaining about being fat around. Its about being considerate because you imply that your friend is even worse off than you if you think you are fat whether or not you mean to. You put your larger friend in a weird place. All the skinny girls being pissed off about this post, I imagine when you get on the other side of this situation you'll be singing the same tune.

And how do you know that all of the skinny people that are disagreeing with the OP in this thread haven't been on the other side? How do you know? You don't.

I used to weigh 200lbs. I used to be the "Fat friend" who had her skinny friends complaining about their weight. I was always confused as to why they were complaining, but also figured it was THEIR issue and had nothing to do with me. So, I HAVE been on the other side of the fence. Don't assume because someone is skinny they haven't been fat and they don't understand.

And I'm sorry, but I think it is ridiculous that a skinny person can't say "I need to lose weight" without making sure she isn't going to offend someone fatter than her. Is it okay for a fat person to comment that a skinny person should "eat a cheeseburger"? Is it okay for a fat person to call a skinny person a skinny b*tch?

There seems to be a double standard here. Apparently, skinny people need to SHUT UP and fat people can say whatever they want to say.

you have NO idea how many times I've been told to go eat a cheeseburger (very recently) or that I needed be force fed a sammich and how many times that broke my heart that people thought those were things that were acceptable to say to me. THAT is NOT ok.

ETA: I was NOT at that time complaining about weight issues. These comments were made out of the blue, except the cheeseburger one after I asked for a size XS top....
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Two girls at work and alllll of their friends are like that and I look at myself and cry inside like wtf do they think I look like then? I really have the urge to just smack them
  • csuma74
    csuma74 Posts: 17
    Options
    I realize skinny girls have insecurities too and they're allowed to have them, but think about who you're complaining about being fat around. Its about being considerate because you imply that your friend is even worse off than you if you think you are fat whether or not you mean to. You put your larger friend in a weird place. All the skinny girls being pissed off about this post, I imagine when you get on the other side of this situation you'll be singing the same tune.

And how do you know that all of the skinny people that are disagreeing with the OP in this thread haven't been on the other side? How do you know? You don't.

I used to weigh 200lbs. I used to be the "Fat friend" who had her skinny friends complaining about their weight. I was always confused as to why they were complaining, but also figured it was THEIR issue and had nothing to do with me. So, I HAVE been on the other side of the fence. Don't assume because someone is skinny they haven't been fat and they don't understand.

And I'm sorry, but I think it is ridiculous that a skinny person can't say "I need to lose weight" without making sure she isn't going to offend someone fatter than her. Is it okay for a fat person to comment that a skinny person should "eat a cheeseburger"? Is it okay for a fat person to call a skinny person a skinny b*tch?

There seems to be a double standard here. Apparently, skinny people need to SHUT UP and fat people can say whatever they want to say.

you have NO idea how many times I've been told to go eat a cheeseburger (very recently) or that I needed be force fed a sammich and how many times that broke my heart that people thought those were things that were acceptable to say to me. THAT is NOT ok.

ETA: I was NOT at that time complaining about weight issues. These comments were made out of the blue, except the cheeseburger one after I asked for a size XS top....

Did they think you have a eating disorder of some kind or was it just because your slim... I don't think a lot of people realize there some people who are naturally slender. BTW people even if you think a friend has a eating disorder telling him or her to eat a burger isn't really going to help!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Two girls at work and alllll of their friends are like that and I look at myself and cry inside like wtf do they think I look like then? I really have the urge to just smack them

maybe you need to relize that thier issues are not all about you
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

You obviously have issues.
    Just because they think THEY are fat, does not mean they think YOU look like anything.
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

.....Then dont come to the forum boards. THANKS!
    Options

Did they think you have a eating disorder of some kind or was it just because your slim... I don't think a lot of people realize there some people who are naturally slender. BTW people even if you think a friend has a eating disorder telling him or her to eat a burger isn't really going to help!

I compete, so during season I have to eat really clean. I put away 5-6 meals a day (and this is a known fact), am 130 pounds, so I doubt that. And before, yes, I was smaller than I should have been, but I was actively TRYING really hard to gain weight, eating everything in site. Telling someone to go eat is just RUDE, especially when you tell them to be forcefed.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

Really???? Did you ever think that maybe they don't think you look like anything, they were talking about themselves!! How does the way they feel about themselves have anything to do with you???

I need to stop typing this response, it's making me want to smack someone:(
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Really???? Did you ever think that maybe they don't think you look like anything, they were talking about themselves!! How does the way they feel about themselves have anything to do with you???

I need to stop typing this response, it's making me want to smack someone:(

I hear ya! Some people are so self absorbed.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    How would you ladies feel if I posted: I hate it when fat girls complain about being fat! Like just shut the *kitten* up already. Don't you see what you look like? You're a bloody cow!

Wouldn't feel too nice now would it? Don't try saying it's a different scenario, because it's exactly the same. You're putting someone down for the way they feel without giving proper advice.
  • csuma74
    Options
    Weight is such a issue in this country I can't tell you how many mix messages I see and hear everyday. It seems like you can't win I think people need to be more compassionate on both sides and think of others wheter their "skinny" or "fat".
  • csuma74
    Options

I compete, so during season I have to eat really clean. I put away 5-6 meals a day (and this is a known fact), am 130 pounds, so I doubt that. And before, yes, I was smaller than I should have been, but I was actively TRYING really hard to gain weight, eating everything in site. Telling someone to go eat is just RUDE, especially when you tell them to be forcefed.

Sounds to me like the person was making an assumption about your apperance without all the facts which is really their problem. Don't let it get to you set them straight hold your head up high and tell them to kiss your ...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    How would you ladies feel if I posted: I hate it when fat girls complain about being fat! Like just shut the *kitten* up already. Don't you see what you look like? You're a bloody cow!

Wouldn't feel too nice now would it? Don't try saying it's a different scenario, because it's exactly the same. You're putting someone down for the way they feel without giving proper advice.

I like you :flowerforyou:
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    It's all relative. I feel disgustingly fat right now at 147 lbs. Do I think many other people would consider me fat? No. But for my own standards it's unacceptable. People have their own ideas about what's fat and what's not when it comes to themselves.. just because someone you consider "skinny" wants to lose weight or makes comments about her weight doesn't mean she thinks you're fat.

People see themselves through an entirely different lens than they see other people.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

I like you too.
    Options

Sounds to me like the person was making an assumption about your apperance without all the facts which is really their problem. Don't let it get to you set them straight hold your head up high and tell them to kiss your ...

I can't say I'm not initially hurt by those types of comments, but it doesn't stop me from being me and obtaining my goal. :wink:
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I think it is unfair tha your skinny friends can't be real around you. Just because you consider them skinny does not mean that they don't have their own fitness goals. People are always giving me a hard time for paying attention to what I eat because I am thin. Guess what? that's why I'm thin...hello!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we are not allowed to be proud of being at a good weight. When you always have diets and weight loss pushed in your face, it becomes difficult to say out loud 'actually, I'm skinny and I'm happy with my weight', instead you feel obliged to join in the 'oh I'm so fat better drop 5lb' banter. If people would stop all this anti size zero body shaming it would help. I find it difficult to be around conversations about weight loss because I am done losing weight and yet somehow feel obliged to join in at sharing why I hate my body, rather than appear self-satisfied.

That said, I'm a size zero, but look at my pic. I have a muffin top and yes, I will be trimming down the fat before summer rolls around. In clothes, I look tiny, but that's because I dress very well to cover my less great parts so people think I am smaller than I am...maybe don't judge a book by its cleverly decorated cover...
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

.....Then dont come to the forum boards. THANKS!

Agree
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

I like you too.

Will you both be joning Ipuffyheart and myself in the closet??? We must hide in order to not offend anyone.

There will be alcohol:wink:
This discussion has been closed.