I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i hate it when anyone constantly complains their fat skinny or large if you think you're fat do something!!
  • tequila09
    Options
    How would you ladies feel if I posted: I hate it when fat girls complain about being fat! Like just shut the *kitten* up already. Don't you see what you look like? You're a bloody cow!

Wouldn't feel too nice now would it? Don't try saying it's a different scenario, because it's exactly the same. You're putting someone down for the way they feel without giving proper advice.

lol i love it
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    How would you ladies feel if I posted: I hate it when fat girls complain about being fat! Like just shut the *kitten* up already. Don't you see what you look like? You're a bloody cow!

Wouldn't feel too nice now would it? Don't try saying it's a different scenario, because it's exactly the same. You're putting someone down for the way they feel without giving proper advice.

I like you :flowerforyou:

I like you too.

Will you both be joning Ipuffyheart and myself in the closet??? We must hide in order to not offend anyone.

There will be alcohol:wink:

ROFLMAO
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

That is awesome :drinker:

I've also had the comments from people about how I need to eat, and not lose any more weight. It's frustrating. I'm not trying to lose weight anymore. I set my goal to get back where I started before marriage and kids, which were only a few months apart. lol And I think I eat just fine!
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a very close friend who gets upset often because she believes she is fat... she is a UK size 10, i am a UK size 20... she genuinely doesnt see me and my weight and how I might feel hearing that she thinks she is fat... thats because she has her own insecurities and her own problems, she believes she is fat... she cant see past this, she thinks I am roughly the same size as her actually! And I genuinely believe she thinks that... because in her head she sees herself as very big and she sees me differently because she cares about me for myself. So I always support her and I dont mind because she needs to get through how she is feeling and she needs my help because I am her friend :heart:
  • tequila09
    Options

That is awesome :drinker:

I've also had the comments from people about how I need to eat, and not lose any more weight. It's frustrating. I'm not trying to lose weight anymore. I set my goal to get back where I started before marriage and kids, which were only a few months apart. lol And I think I eat just fine!

i think it is just jealous or insecure people feeling the need to comment on how you need to eat more because they can't do what you're doing. if we told an overweight person maybe you should eat LESS we would be completely out of line. it is a double standard really. i think neither should comment on anything, they are both out of line.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

I like you too.

Will you both be joning Ipuffyheart and myself in the closet??? We must hide in order to not offend anyone.

Can I come tooooooo!?
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

I like you too.

I invented the closet, I want an invite :[
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I will never forget running into one of my former teachers at a WW meeting once. She had been thin and healthy as long as I had known her, and still was then. I told her I was shocked she was there (as a compliment) and she showed me a picture of herself 100 lbs heavier that she carried with her.

You just never know where someone has been before, what they do to keep themselves at that weight/size, or what insecurities they carry with them. Everyone has a right to their own struggles. Considering most of the time those don't really impact us, it's not fair to be harsh and judgey because of them.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?

Coming from a big girl (i've been a plus size pretty much since jr high) I do understand your frustration, but at the same time even the smallest women can gain 20 pounds and feel fat. It doesn't mean they can't feel insecure or gross just like the rest of us who have 100lbs to lose. Now I do have friends who need to lose 10lbs who beat themselves up about it and I always tell them they are beautiful regardless (most of them have had kids so it's understandable!). You just have to focus on yourself because you can't change everyone else.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I like you too.

absolutely!!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

I like you too.

Come on over, we are in the Chit chat fun and games section!! You will have to bring something, it can be anything you like but we prefer alcohol and/or Bacon!!!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Going off on a tangent here, but when my fiance and I were looking at houses a couple years ago, we went to an open house and met a real estate agent who was super, super thin. When we left the open house, I told my fiance the woman looked like she desperately needed a cheeseburger.

She advertises like crazy in our town, and every time I see a picture of her, I feel badly that I said that. Especially now that I'm fit and I know how much hard work most people put into being thin/fit/skinny.

It's not just fat people who get flack for their size.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Going off on a tangent here, but when my fiance and I were looking at houses a couple years ago, we went to an open house and met a real estate agent who was super, super thin. When we left the open house, I told my fiance the woman looked like she desperately needed a cheeseburger.

She advertises like crazy in our town, and every time I see a picture of her, I feel badly that I said that. Especially now that I'm fit and I know how much hard work most people put into being thin/fit/skinny.

Maybe others are different, but I have been out with a few girls who have made similar comments, and though I've laughed and agreed, all it does for me is show that the girl I'm with has totally the wrong mindset and they clearly aren't right for me and that I wish they were more like the girl they are mocking.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I realize skinny girls have insecurities too and they're allowed to have them, but think about who you're complaining about being fat around. Its about being considerate because you imply that your friend is even worse off than you if you think you are fat whether or not you mean to. You put your larger friend in a weird place. All the skinny girls being pissed off about this post, I imagine when you get on the other side of this situation you'll be singing the same tune.

And how do you know that all of the skinny people that are disagreeing with the OP in this thread haven't been on the other side? How do you know? You don't.

I used to weigh 200lbs. I used to be the "Fat friend" who had her skinny friends complaining about their weight. I was always confused as to why they were complaining, but also figured it was THEIR issue and had nothing to do with me. So, I HAVE been on the other side of the fence. Don't assume because someone is skinny they haven't been fat and they don't understand.

And I'm sorry, but I think it is ridiculous that a skinny person can't say "I need to lose weight" without making sure she isn't going to offend someone fatter than her. Is it okay for a fat person to comment that a skinny person should "eat a cheeseburger"? Is it okay for a fat person to call a skinny person a skinny b*tch?

There seems to be a double standard here. Apparently, skinny people need to SHUT UP and fat people can say whatever they want to say.

I think someone who says "eat a cheeseburger" to a skinny person is as insensitive as a skinny friend who berates herself about her weight in front of a fat friend. Clearly they are also sharing their insecurities in a way that is not effective either by being passive aggressive in that instance. If you have an overweight friend who is proud of it and comfortable with it, by all means talk about weight loss as they wont take it the wrong way. However for friends who are working on it , trying, and are insecure about their weight I think sensitivity to that is warranted, you cant lose 100 lbs over night . I had a friend come back from an eating disorder clinic awhile back, and she asked me not to talk about dieting or weight loss with her at all for some time as she recovered. Should I not have tip toed around her insecurities? Or was it considerate of me to support her in a way that she needed? I believe it was right for me to be considerate of her feelings and not just feel entitled to share what I wanted to regardless of how it made her feel. I think its a case by case basis I suppose, as luckily some girls on here seem to be confident enough not have it upset them but obviously from other responses some girls are not.
  • Mely1268
    Mely1268 Posts: 21
    Options
    Its true that everyone has their own insecurities but they should also watch what they say and who they say it around.

Do you know ANYONE that would say they were retarded (after making a mistake) when they are around a cognitively impaired person???

The same should apply to this situation.

If someone around you is obviously bigger than you, then maybe you should complain about being fat in front of them.

I know how you feel. I went to a lake with a group of friends and the thinnest one started saying (Loudly) how disgusting her body was. Deep down inside I wanted to punch her. But I layed down on my towel and feel asleep.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Maybe others are different, but I have been out with a few girls who have made similar comments, and though I've laughed and agreed, all it does for me is show that the girl I'm with has totally the wrong mindset and they clearly aren't right for me and that I wish they were more like the girl they are mocking.

and the truth has been spoken.... if they had only been more comfortable with who THEY were, rather than bash someone else for who they aren't, you might still be with them.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

I like you too.

Come on over, we are in the Chit chat fun and games section!! You will have to bring something, it can be anything you like but we prefer alcohol and/or Bacon!!!

I'll bring vodka & chocolate :]
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

I like you too.

I'll bring vodka & chocolate :]

Yumm chocolate covered bacon:)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Fat people aren't the only people allowed to feel insecure and want to better their bodies. This site is so full of people talking **** about skinny/thin people. People can't talk **** about fat people, but skinny/thin people are fair game? Ridiculous.

+1.
This discussion has been closed.