I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    She didn't compare herself to you. YOU compared her to you. Sounds like you're angry with the wrong person.
    Ah this, so much this.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I actually feel sorry for the women who think it's rude to complain about their own body issues around larger ladies.

Why should it only be larger people who are allowed to complain about their bodies?!

Clearly it's unacceptable to do so because it offends people.
    :tongue:

But really, no matter how many times someone says it on this thread, there is another person that combats it.
    This is what I believe in life, and I think it applies: What you say is your beliefs. It has no bearing on anyone or anything else other than yourself.

If you say "my hair is so greasy today," does that mean that another girl near you has greasy hair? No, it doesn't.
    If you say "my skin is so pale, I need to get some sun," does that mean you're commenting that being pale is bad for another girl? No.
    If you say "I ate too much today," does that mean that the girl/boy eating two slices of cake is a cow? No.
    So why would saying "I need to diet" or "I feel fat" imply you're talking about anyone other than yourself?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I can honestly tell you if my friends ever felt that way about me, I'd prefer they no longer be my friends. If I cannot openly express how I feel to a girlfriend or my husband, should I just hold it in, because I don't deserve to think or feel that way because I've worked to get smaller and am working to get rid of my pooch (that you cannot see through clothes)? Um, no. So, yea, I'd rather not have friends who thought what I was thinking of myself was an indication of what I thought of them. Fortunately, my friends are not like that and do not take what I say about me in that manner, either.

Exactly.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    She didn't compare herself to you. YOU compared her to you. Sounds like you're angry with the wrong person.
    Ah this, so much this.

x2
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    A little sensitivity would be nice.

I am really trying to lose weight, but I don't call myself fat in front of friends of mine who are bigger than me.

Now, if the skinny girl wasn't saying it to you, then it is none of your business.

If, however, she is telling you directly that she is fat, then she needs to grow up and show a little more sensitivity.

Maybe skinny people should just lock themselves in a closet & hide themselves away as not to make you feel like a whale, maybe that's the most sensitive thing they could do, right?
    If someone thinner than you makes you feel bad about yourself then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

^^ This

I'm going to find a closet now, I would hate to offend someone:flowerforyou:
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Stop worring about what her complaints are and worry about yours... measurement of yourself should never be to others.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I am really trying to lose weight, but I don't call myself fat in front of friends of mine who are bigger than me.

Now, if the skinny girl wasn't saying it to you, then it is none of your business.

If, however, she is telling you directly that she is fat, then she needs to grow up and show a little more sensitivity.

Maybe skinny people should just lock themselves in a closet & hide themselves away as not to make you feel like a whale, maybe that's the most sensitive thing they could do, right?
    If someone thinner than you makes you feel bad about yourself then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
    Whoah... This comment was totally insensitive to the plight of whales, who are facing extinction and over-fishing problems.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Keep walking on your road. Don't worry about other people. Profit.

yeah baby.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options

I feel the opposite. I like to show sensitivity towards the person who is "complaining". To me, I know I am fat. I don't really complain about it. I know it. People can see it. When a skinny person says they feel fat, they are obviously going through something different than me. They might actually feel fat and that is a problem within themselves and something that goes deeper than them "fishing for compliments". I would never say to them to stop complaining because they are skinny. It's insensitive to what they might be going through. Fat people should not be coddled just because they are fat. People shouldn't have to hold in their own feelings about themselves so as to not offend their fat friends/relatives. They should be able to feel like they have our support no matter what. If I know someone who is skinny and thinks they are fat, I'm gonna tell them they are beautiful and support them, not try and tell them their own struggles don't matter because mine are bigger. It's not a contest.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

^^ This

I'm going to find a closet now, I would hate to offend someone:flowerforyou:

Will you share your closet with me?
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I only made $327k last year. I really need to work harder because I feel so poor! (I say to my teacher friend who makes $27k a year)

Change the context and you see how annoying it is.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

THIS!

Gah. I am a size 3-5 and trying to lose weight. Am i not allowed to be insecure either?
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Wow, talk about exagerating a point.

Is this how you win arguments?

If Bill Gates came up to you complaining that he didn't have enough money, would you be offended?

Can you even understand the point?

Or is everything solely from your perspective?

By the way, skinny people have never made me feel fat. Being fat did that to me, but I will fix that.

During that time, I won't be insulting my friends by complaining about myself in front of them.

Cheers!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I think its exhausting with the "sentivity" crap. If its true then why cant we say it? If your motive is to be hurtful then NO you shouldnt say it, but if your "friend" has a freaking booger hanging out of their nose shouldnt you tell them? if their zipper is down shouldnt you tell them? if someone is skinny complaining that they are fat then tell them to do something about it. if youre fat and dont like it and you are complaining about it to someone, this "friend" should say to you "then do something about it". Why do we feel like we have to roll around in it with people?

Maybe Im just mean.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Who gets to determine what the word SKINNY really is anyways?
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Whoah... This comment was totally insensitive to the plight of whales, who are facing extinction and over-fishing problems.

Yeah 'cos it's only okay if the Dolphins get sacrificed thanks to over-fishing because they're so skinny!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

THIS!

Gah. I am a size 3-5 and trying to lose weight. Am i not allowed to be insecure either?

Of course you're allowed to. Just don't ever voice it.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I only made $327k last year. I really need to work harder because I feel so poor! (I say to my teacher friend who makes $27k a year)

Change the context and you see how annoying it is.

^^^
    This!

Thank you.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like my friends. We express our feelings about things to each other and then have discussions about them. Sometimes, we have lunch or dinner together. Because they are my friends, I know they are not trying to hurt me or make me feel insecure. That is why I am friends with them.

FFS. :flowerforyou:
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Here here!
This discussion has been closed.