I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    A little sensitivity would be nice.

I am really trying to lose weight, but I don't call myself fat in front of friends of mine who are bigger than me.

Now, if the skinny girl wasn't saying it to you, then it is none of your business.

If, however, she is telling you directly that she is fat, then she needs to grow up and show a little more sensitivity.

Maybe skinny people should just lock themselves in a closet & hide themselves away as not to make you feel like a whale, maybe that's the most sensitive thing they could do, right?
    If someone thinner than you makes you feel bad about yourself then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Wow, talk about exagerating a point.

Is this how you win arguments?

If Bill Gates came up to you complaining that he didn't have enough money, would you be offended?

Can you even understand the point?

Or is everything solely from your perspective?

By the way, skinny people have never made me feel fat. Being fat did that to me, but I will fix that.

During that time, I won't be insulting my friends by complaining about myself in front of them.

Cheers!

I don't think you're getting the point, the point is insecurities. Not greed.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

Well said!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Personally, skinny is NOT what I want. I think we all need to change our mentality.

Skinny is not always healthy and fat is not always unhealthy.

Personally, I want to be super FIT :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

I am really trying to lose weight, but I don't call myself fat in front of friends of mine who are bigger than me.

Now, if the skinny girl wasn't saying it to you, then it is none of your business.

If, however, she is telling you directly that she is fat, then she needs to grow up and show a little more sensitivity.

Maybe skinny people should just lock themselves in a closet & hide themselves away as not to make you feel like a whale, maybe that's the most sensitive thing they could do, right?
    If someone thinner than you makes you feel bad about yourself then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Wow, talk about exagerating a point.

Is this how you win arguments?

If Bill Gates came up to you complaining that he didn't have enough money, would you be offended?

Can you even understand the point?

Or is everything solely from your perspective?

By the way, skinny people have never made me feel fat. Being fat did that to me, but I will fix that.

During that time, I won't be insulting my friends by complaining about myself in front of them.

Cheers!

No, I'd say to him "If you feel like YOU don't have enough money, then go make some more!"
    Yes I understand, I don't think you do though.
    You do what you want to do ;]
  • Justforgetthis
    Options
    It just means she holds herself to different standards- that doesn't make you a cow, or anything like that in her eyes. I've been there. I'm usually that "skinny" friend, yet i'm trying to lose weight. I'd like to be able to talk to my friends about my goals/changes/improvements, but they always shut me down. Even if I say, "YAY i'm starting to see my abs!" Or "I'm really disappointed because I had ice cream for breakfast." They tear me apart because they say I have NO idea what it's like to be fat. But that isn't my point at ALL, I don't see any of my friends as fat! They're all beautiful! And that isn't my intention! I just hold myself to really high standards. It sucks that I can't even talk about eating or my health EVER around them because they'll just rip me to shreds.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    And the OP is long gone... what a waste of time... Happy Friday!!!!! lol
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I certainly never complained about being "Fat" but had a few pounds to shed and none of my friends could understand it. I was the "slimmest" in my group and got the eye-roll time after time. I couldn't talk about my weight or exercise without being criticized and that was very annoying.
  • Justforgetthis
    Options
    Well I didn't mean to post again, but apparently you can't delete it.. so blahblahblah.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I realize skinny girls have insecurities too and they're allowed to have them, but think about who you're complaining about being fat around. Its about being considerate because you imply that your friend is even worse off than you if you think you are fat whether or not you mean to. You put your larger friend in a weird place. All the skinny girls being pissed off about this post, I imagine when you get on the other side of this situation you'll be singing the same tune.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

^^ This

I'm going to find a closet now, I would hate to offend someone:flowerforyou:

Will you share your closet with me?

I sure will because you are awesome:heart: Plus we would have a ton of fun and I won't get mad if you complain that you still have some work to do on your body, after all it's your issue not mine:tongue: I would expect nothing less in return!!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    How good of friends are you? If she is confiding in you on how she feels about herself, she must think pretty highly of you to share her own insecurities. I seriously do not think what she feels about herself has anything to do with you or your looks. I would suggest being a good friend and being more supportive to her.

I have a really good friend that is smaller than me and who has a figure I would love to have, but she has her insecurities, just as I have mine. I know that she does not mean anything negative about me when she talks about wanting to lose weight or to look better. We support each other though and workout together and try to encourage each other to be healthy. That's what I feel friends are for. If you can't be there for one another, then what's the point in the friendship?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I realize skinny girls have insecurities too and they're allowed to have them, but think about who you're complaining about being fat around. Its about being considerate because you imply that your friend is even worse off than you if you think you are fat whether or not you mean to. You put your larger friend in a weird place. All the skinny girls being pissed off about this post, I imagine when you get on the other side of this situation you'll be singing the same tune.

I imagine I wont. My cousin's probably about 10 lbs lighter than I and she complains about being fat quite often. Does it bother me? No, because I am working on myself and her herself. Don't allow other people's insecurities to rule your own.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

AGREEEE!!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

I have been on both sides of this situation and I still think its fcking lame to let something like this bother you. So basicly if my mom was sick in the hospital I wouldnt be able to talk about it around my friends whos mothers died because that would be just rude right?:huh:
  • phatty41
    phatty41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So... I cant feel fat just because someone else is bigger than me? I know im not a FAT person, but I gained 17 lbs and I felt so much better before I gained it. I looked better, felt better and all my clothes were very comfortable and I felt better about myself than ever before... I dont feel as good about myself now at this weight. How I feel about the way my body looks is about ME!! MY BODY!! Nobody elses.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well maybe "skinny looking people in their clothes" shouldn't say anything about themselves to anyone who weighs more than they do. If they have celulite or places they want to tone, it isn't right by others to state that they are fat since they are "skinny looking in their clothes." Maybe the term should be changed to that they want to tone up instead of lose weight. That might go over better. :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I imagine I wont. My cousin's probably about 10 lbs lighter than I and she complains about being fat quite often. Does it bother me? No, because I am working on myself and her herself. Don't allow other people's insecurities to rule your own.

^^^THIS. So long as what they are doing to lose weight is healthy and not dangerous to them, then I am the most supportive friend they'll find. What they are doing and think is about them, not me.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

I will say this again.....How does ME complaining about how I feel about MYSELF imply that I think my friend is worse off????
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't get where all these people are getting the "It is okay for fat people to complain to everybody but skinny people cannot do it anywhere.."
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

I will NEVER be one the "other side of the situation" And anyone even "skinny" people should be able to talk about their issues with friends. Its not a contest its a friendship!
This discussion has been closed.