I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    It can be annoying but then again when I was at my thinnest, I remember constantly complaining I was fat. And it wasn't for attention, I really believed I was fat. Everyone's body image is different.
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

Ditto
  • brearune
    brearune Posts: 26
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

i used to be the skinny friend... but I wasn't. it was skinny FAT. I didn't want the fat, i wanted muscle. Now, when they're just starving themselves, that does suck. But still.... OP, you should be supportive regardless. if she's your friend, just join in playfully and keep spirits up! Work out together, w/e!! by letting it get to you, you're actually being really rude and judgmental.
  • TheDecision
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

THIS ^

My scrawny friends get "pissed" at me when I talk about needing bigger muscles, etc. etc.... Yes, my arms are way bigger than theirs are, but its not my fault they've never been in a weight room. If I want to have goals and aim for improving myself, that's my right!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well, skinny is relative. Being "skinny" or "thin" to you doesn't mean that the person feels skinny or has a healthy body fat %, etc. Also, feeling "skinny" is a state of mind. It's not necessarily about physical presentation.

Should I be upset when bigger people who complain about being overweight continue to shovel McDonalds into their mouths? You're doing the same thing but in reverse. Everyone has their own goals and levels of fitness they want to attain. Yours might be where theirs has always been. Their goals have NOTHING to do with YOU. It is a reflection of THEIR own goals, wishes, desires. Don't make it about you.

This
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Well isn't this a nice thread of people bashing other people.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I say get over it.
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I will never forget running into one of my former teachers at a WW meeting once. She had been thin and healthy as long as I had known her, and still was then. I told her I was shocked she was there (as a compliment) and she showed me a picture of herself 100 lbs heavier that she carried with her.

You just never know where someone has been before, what they do to keep themselves at that weight/size, or what insecurities they carry with them. Everyone has a right to their own struggles. Considering most of the time those don't really impact us, it's not fair to be harsh and judgey because of them.

I so agree with this!!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    They cant get over themselves anymore then you can get over yourself. You have body issues at 200 pounds but your friend thinks you are dumb for having them cause she is 300...Skinny might not be where they want to be...skinny doesnt mean fit.
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with you but, everyone has what their body is used to so they may, for their body, feel "fat." I am 5'4 and right now am 123, I am used to being 110-112, just they way I am built. So I know I am not "Fat" compared to others but compared to my norm I am far from where I want to be/usually am... make sense?
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

I agree. Just because someone isn't 50 pounds over weight doesn't mean they can't complain or feel fat. Maybe 10 pounds or 15 pounds over their normal range makes them feel fat. You never know. Just because you have more to lose then them doesn't mean they are trying to hurt your feelings they are just expressing how they feel as well.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    We all have our own self image and it usually has no bearing on what others look like. I am one that the smaller and more tone I become, the worse (in my head) i need to work out. Some say it for attention but some really think they need to lose the weight.

I agree. And I hate it that just because a person is bigger that they feel its okay to judge skinny people. Why is it okay to pick on the skinny person, but God forbid anyone say anything about your weight?
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options

im not skinny but i agree with this
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    A girl I work with does this.. she can't weigh a pound over 135? I'd guess? She hates her body and thinks she's gross, and it just makes me sad that she feels that way, especially when I look at myself in the mirror.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I hate it when really FAT girls complain about skinny girls.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm the "lighter than average" girl who has a small frame and therefore just looks small. (I'm not thin; I'm small-boned :wink: ) I'm a size 4, certainly more than acceptable by most people's standards. HOWEVER I am a former athlete who is in her third "wardrobe"- size 0, then 2, then 4, who is growing OUT of the 4s and unwilling to shell out for a whole new wardrobe that fits. My 4 pants feel like sausage casings on my leg (and look about as attractive.) I've gone from a 32c to too-big-for-my-32DD and I have to wear a sports bra because my regular bras don't fit. Both of my parents are overweight, and there's a history of cancer, heart disease, and stroke in my family. My reason for wanting to lose is that it is a slippery slope, and I just don't want to go there. It' easier to start now than to wait.

People have different goals, and I am constantly impressed (floored, actually) by so many of the people on MFP who have completely changed their body and health through diet and exercise and stuck with it. Because I only need to lose 15lbs to fit into my "mid-wardrobe" I certainly can't compare to someone who has 40 or more pounds that they would like/need to lose- or that they have already lost!

However just because I might be "thinner" than you are RIGHT NOW, I may actually be somewhere along your continuum/journey, rather than being at that magical end point. All of us on here have goals, and the great thing about MFP is that we're there to support and help each other, whether we have 5 or 50 lbs to lose.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I think that that "skinny person" could be actually bigger than what they are used too...

Everyone is shaped different etc...you know?
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I hate when people constantly compain about things OTHER people are doing. STFU already.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Everyone sees their own imperfections...
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I agree. And I hate it that just because a person is bigger that they feel its okay to judge skinny people. Why is it okay to pick on the skinny person, but God forbid anyone say anything about your weight?

it is a total double standard!!
This discussion has been closed.