I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hate when people complain about other peoples' complaints.

THEN WHY ARE YOU DOING IT?
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?
    Frankly, it has nothing to do with you. I do not understand how you hear "I need to lose weight because I don't like how I look" and somehow hear "SO I'M A COW THEN???" What, she's only allowed to feel how you think she should?
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
    That's all i can think to say!!!!

When i first posted this topic, I didn't really think much. After reading everyone's posting, i have more to say:

From now on, I won't use the word "SKINNY" when talk about another person because i never want to be called "FAT"
    Everyone just as pretty because we should not just look at their outside but more importantly their inside.

Thank you all!!!!
    When I get skinny, you can call me skinny all you want, being called SKINNY will NEVER offend me.
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, well ever thought that they maybe see themselvs not as "skinny" ? its all about how everyobne FEELS in their own skin.
  • sdubya04
    sdubya04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I have larger friends who think I'm crazy for feeling big as a size 12, but when i used to be a size 8/10 of course it makes a difference to how I feel. In the same way that I give them my full support to reach their goals and feel good, I expect them to do the same for me.

Agreed.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I just tell them they better git on it before it gets outta hand. Been there...
  • CrumCake81
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry too much about it. It doesn't matter if we (as women, and some men) are 360 lbs or if we are 120 lbs. Everyone is going to find something wrong about themselves. I don't know anyone who thinks that they are absolutely perfect.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    We all look at ourselves in the mirror and see things we dont like, skinny, fat, muscular.. some people will always want to see improvements. Being a bigger girl I can't lie, I have been annoyed when thinner than myself girls call themselves fat.. But you really need to look at it in their perspective.. maybe there is room for improvement on their bodies, but it's what THEY feel they need to improve upon. it's not for us to judge.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people complain about other people's complaints and then bring it up and then I get irritated and point out the irony and then someone points out my ironic reply and likens it to a complaint.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options

^^^THIS! I weigh 97ish pounds and I still think I could cut fat. I don't want to lose weight, but losing fat sounds appealing. So yeah, I am a SKINNY girl complaining about being fat. That doesn't mean I think I am unhealthy, because I know I am.
  • Gerry_Lane
    Options
    think about what she is saying....she is unhappy with her self image...Intellectually she doesnt see fat....she doesn't see herself realistically and that's a problem. If she is truly skinny, FAT is not the issue. But I am sure her comments get annoying. Plus, her weight or lack of weight does not make you a "cow". Her comments are about her perception of herself.

You need to focus on YOU and what you need to do to be who you want to be.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I don't mind them saying they'd like to lose a couple of pounds, but it does irk me when they look in the mirror, curl their nose at their reflection and say, "Yuck! I'm so fat!" I've gotten so I just say, "Yeah, you should do something about that. You don't wanna end up looking like me." They usually shut up real quick.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This is getting old.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Was it really necessary to bump this 2 month old train wreck of a thread.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I have larger friends who think I'm crazy for feeling big as a size 12, but when i used to be a size 8/10 of course it makes a difference to how I feel. In the same way that I give them my full support to reach their goals and feel good, I expect them to do the same for me.

I agree with this as well. To some people I am one of those "skinny girls". I'm 5'2 and currently 131lbs. But everyone has body issues, and at this weight, this is the heaviest i've EVER been, I have stomach and back fat which i've never experienced before, and I don't like it. I am used to sitting around 110-115 so an extra 15-20lbs I really feel. When I say I need to get in shape it's in no way a reflection of what I think of people who are larger than I am at all, it simply means i'm unhappy with how *I* am. Most of the time when it comes to body image people are focused on how THEY look, now how you look, and so when they make comments about themselves, that's their own insercurities showing, not them saying they think you're big. :)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Was it really necessary to bump this 2 month old train wreck of a thread.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Let it die.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

^^^THIS! I weigh 97ish pounds and I still think I could cut fat. I don't want to lose weight, but losing fat sounds appealing. So yeah, I am a SKINNY girl complaining about being fat. That doesn't mean I think I am unhealthy, because I know I am.

wait.. what?
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That annoys me, too... but a lot of people would call me "skinny". I don't necessarily think I'm fat, I just have a little extra hanging around that I'd like to lose and turn into muscle. A lot of people crave attention and they know that they ARE perceived as skinny so saying that they aren't will get them attention. Then again, there are people with messed up body image ideas and they TRULY think they are fat. If that is the case though, they will attempt to do SOMETHING about it. What annoys me more than this is when skinny fat girls are used for inspiration. SKINNY IS NOT THE SAME AS FIT! :)

It absolutely is not. It pisses me off when I say to my family that my husband is taking a walk with me (125 lb skinny thing, totally unfit though) and they get MAD AT ME because "he doesn't need to exercise!" he still needs cardio work! your heart isn't naturally healthy just because you aren't overweight.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that is always coming up with a new gimmick to get 'fit'. To her, this means starving herself or eating that Gob-awful cabbage soup or doing Insanity for 4 days in a row then giving up. Now, I don't fault her for wanting to be fit.... I do however try to gently remind her that it's not going to happen overnight and that she's beautiful as is. I think a lot of this is a defense thing coming from her impending divorce. She's just trying to find something to focus on other than that. It is a bit on the irritating side when she grabs the 1/2" of love handle she might have and squeezes it and *****es for an hour about how huge she is. That's her right and I listen and try to give her some advice when she asks me what I think. I tell her that starting slow will be the best way to ensure she won't have sagging skin and that her body will make a lifetime change. She doesn't listen, but that's her deal, not mine. I do, however, feel so huge when I'm around her and she gets in that mode. Before I started working on my health and weight and fitness, I could lay on my side in bed and have nearly 12 inches of belly spread out beside me. That, my friends, is damn well disgusting. Eh, some people will have a bad self image no matter what. Perhaps its easier for them to criticize themselves than to take on the criticism of others from a different part of their lives.
This discussion has been closed.