I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have thought that before. But then the other day my roommate, who is a little bigger than me, said something about losing weight. I've lost 50 pounds since 2011 but I've stalled the last few months and I still have stuff I want to work on. I said, "me too" and I could tell she got upset with me for saying that. I will complain about my weight and my friends think I'm crazy, even though I'm really not.

So I think "really skinny" is subjective, and to each their own.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Wow, the OP has actually managed two, maybe three insults.

Firstly, calling people skinny. Do you not think people will find this offensive, no? Skinny is rarely meant in a positive light. Its an attempt to demean someone slimmer than you.

Secondly, you think only people holding large amounts of weight can have body issues? Everyone has certain issues they hold about themselves, is it only ok with those holding larger amounts of weight to have this issue?

Thirdly, you then comment on fit people being people who try to insult others by under mining people with more weight to lose than them. They are not, this is your issue, not theirs.

Finally you put you're self images issue of how you view yourself when people aren't concentrating on you're needs/want to lose weight and make them out to making comments on you without saying anything by implying they must think you are a cow. That's your own self image issue.

I mean, at what weight does one get to make weight comments? Is there a sliding scale? How selfish and self conceited and lacking of empathy towards others with their own issues can you get?

this is awesome!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

blehh, me too.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    A very wise man I know always tells me, "what you think THEY think, is what YOU think!". Just sayin.

And I'm so curious, have any of you who have been offended or hurt by your "skinner" friend's comments ever told THEM how you feel? How about acknowledging her insecurities, not making her wrong for having them or sharing them with a "fatter" friend, but just expressing how it makes you feel? She may have no idea, and would be happy to be more sensitive around you in the future.

And lastly, as I am likely one of those girls who lots of people would consider "skinny"....I often get jealous of bigger ladies who can easily and sexily carry around a few extra pounds! At 5'1, in a very petite frame, gaining 5 pounds makes me feel very uncomfortable in my skin, not to mention my now way too tight jeans. I do try to be careful about who I complain around....sure I have the right to say whatever I want, but that doesn't mean I have to.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Who cares..
    Fat people arent the only ones with insecurities!!
    I was 115 pounds at 5'3. size 5 and still thought I was fat.
    If it bothers you, dont pay attention? Simple!
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Fat people aren't the only people allowed to feel insecure and want to better their bodies. This site is so full of people talking **** about skinny/thin people. People can't talk **** about fat people, but skinny/thin people are fair game? Ridiculous.

This!
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow, the OP has actually managed two, maybe three insults.

Firstly, calling people skinny. Do you not think people will find this offensive, no? Skinny is rarely meant in a positive light. Its an attempt to demean someone slimmer than you.

Secondly, you think only people holding large amounts of weight can have body issues? Everyone has certain issues they hold about themselves, is it only ok with those holding larger amounts of weight to have this issue?

Thirdly, you then comment on fit people being people who try to insult others by under mining people with more weight to lose than them. They are not, this is your issue, not theirs.

Finally you put you're self images issue of how you view yourself when people aren't concentrating on you're needs/want to lose weight and make them out to making comments on you without saying anything by implying they must think you are a cow. That's your own self image issue.

I mean, at what weight does one get to make weight comments? Is there a sliding scale? How selfish and self conceited and lacking of empathy towards others with their own issues can you get?
    Awesome post.

Everyone would like to look the best that they can. It's sad when "skinny" people can't get support from their friends.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

LOVE!
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
    That's all i can think to say!!!!

When i first posted this topic, I didn't really think much. After reading everyone's posting, i have more to say:

From now on, I won't use the word "SKINNY" when talk about another person because i never want to be called "FAT"
    Everyone just as pretty because we should not just look at their outside but more importantly their inside.

Thank you all!!!!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
    That's all i can think to say!!!!

When i first posted this topic, I didn't really think much. After reading everyone's posting, i have more to say:

From now on, I won't use the word "SKINNY" when talk about another person because i never want to be called "FAT"
    Everyone just as pretty because we should not just look at their outside but more importantly their inside.

Thank you all!!!!

Aw, you're so cute (=
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    One time in high school, I was a size 12 then. I was with a friend and she made the "I think I'm so fat" statement so I chime in with, "Girl, you are not "fat", you're what a size 5? I'm a freaking size 12, I'm the fat one here, not you!" Then she was all flattered, "I'm a size 7, do you really think I look that skinny?" I'm all "well, duh?" She never brought it up again, then she gave me some really cool pants/skirt that were too big on her and that fit me, and we were all happy again, lol Good times, good times...sigh
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    One time in high school, I was a size 12 then. I was with a friend and she made the "I think I'm so fat" statement so I chime in with, "Girl, you are not "fat", you're what a size 5? I'm a freaking size 12, I'm the fat one here, not you!" Then she was all flattered, "I'm a size 7, do you really think I look that skinny?" I'm all "well, duh?" She never brought it up again, then she gave me some really cool pants/skirt that were too big on her and that fit me, and we were all happy again, lol Good times, good times...sigh

I had a girl say something not about my weight, but about how pretty I was, and I considered her one of the prettiest girls I knew. It was kind of awkward for a moment, but I think we both felt better afterwards, weirdly enough.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Skinny people that complain about being fat are usually just ugly. They don't have a weight issue but they make it their chief complaint Bcz they can't accept the fact that they are just not very attractive. You can lose weight but you can't lose ugly.

So the next time a skinny person says I'm fat or do I look fat. Be honest.

Say you're not fat, you have a great figure. Your face just isn't very attractive.

Just my $ .02.

Ever heard the saying "you can fix fat, but you can't fix ugly!" lmao! :)

ETA: I know this sounds harsh, but it made me laugh the other day because I know fat girls who lost weight and turned into some ugly people. Just though they were too good. I hope to never be that way!
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    Skinny people that complain about being fat are usually just ugly. They don't have a weight issue but they make it their chief complaint Bcz they can't accept the fact that they are just not very attractive. You can lose weight but you can't lose ugly.

Say you're not fat, you have a great figure. Your face just isn't very attractive.

Just my $ .02.

oh wow. I hope you're joking. If not, thanks for calling me ugly:) I hope that makes you feel good inside.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i hate when a fat person thinks that all people who are built differently than they are have no right to complain or try to improve their body.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

Just my $ .02.

This is an ugly response.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    yeah, they do, very stupid my own best friend says it, and makes me feel veryyy bad because she is size 10 and still im fat
    im a size 9-10 and still fat. . . got the whole spare tire crap going on >.>
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Without reading all of the responses...I am guilty of this. And I say potentially insensitive things all of the time. It's part of my charm. :noway: :blushing:

Anyway, I think it boils down to these few "truths": first, everybody has issues with their body. So when I was 20 pounds heavier, I had a LOT more issues than I do now, but I still have issues even though I look better than I did. So when someone who is 20 pounds lighter than me complains about her weight, I don't take it personally but see it as her own insecurity.

And the second truth: At least with my friends, we are a LOT harder on ourselves than we are on our friends. So when my friend who is 20 pounds lighter (and a bunch shorter, too) complains about her weight, she is NOT looking at me and thinking I'm a fat cow. In fact, she is able to encourage me, compliment me on my progress and motivate me to keep going without making me feel bad. And the same goes for me. I may complain about my weight, lumps or bumps or whatever, but when a "heavier" friend makes progress and loses weight and I compliment her, I really mean it, understand how hard the journey is and it has NOTHING to do with my own insecurities.

It really boils down to, it's not all about YOU.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm still fat. I weigh 139lbs. I want to weigh 125lbs...I know that weight suits me.

My best friend's goal is more than my current weight, but I still complain about being fat to her. I don't mean it to make her feel huge, we just have different body shapes and she's taller than me.

What is "skinny" anyway? 100lbs? 95lbs?
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I truly understand where you are coming from. But most likely she isn't trying to be ugly toward you. I have a skinny friend who always talks about how she can't gain weight and I want to punch her in the face every time she says it, but I know she isn't being ugly toward me.. Just try to remember that some people will never truly be happy with how they look unless they were once really fat. Until someone has truly struggled with weight they never really understand how fat girls feel :)
This discussion has been closed.