"Thick" girls

Options
hisgirl86
hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
What exactly does this mean?? My husband drives me crazy with this. I always thought it meant a little overweight, but not chubby. Yet, when we see what I think is a normal sized girl, not any extra weight, he'll say "she was a thick girl". I reply with "she looked normal to me, not over or under weight", and he said that its more about body type. But it seems like only girls that are too thin he calls "normal", and ones that are a healthy weight he calls "thick". He does call out the anorexic-ly skinny girls out as being grossly thin, but it just drives me crazy that once I get to a healthy weight I'll still be considered "thick". That puts me in mind of chubby. What are your opinions?

Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    To be thick here means dumb!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    If I was to use "thick" I would use it in describing someone with wider shoulders and legs thus giving them a bulkier (not fatter) appearance. I think it applies to guys and girls
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    According to my man, who prefers "thick" girls, they are naturally curvy girls. The ones with a flat tummy but rounded hips, rounder bigger butt and thighs. Think salma hayek, kim k, beyonce, christina millian. They are thin in the tummy, arms, etc but the butt and thighs are kickin like bruce lee. Lol

Edit to add my man says sometimes too big is too much and wouldnt be considered thick.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    ^ yea I agree!
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    To be thick here means dumb!

Yep, in the UK, thick means stupid.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I think the term "solid" sounds better. Curvy with muscles and no jiggle! That's what I 'm going for!
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I think the term "solid" sounds better. Curvy with muscles and no jiggle! That's what I 'm going for!

Me too! But not too much muscle, just toned.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I hate being called thick. I know it's supposed to be a compliment, but I still hate it. It reminds me of a big piece of marbled steak.
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've always considered myself thick. I'm not heavy, but i'm very curvy, and my thighs/calves (muscle & fat) look really wide. to me.

my bf tells me otherwise, even though i've always felt that way.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've been told that "thick" means yummy! That the person looks healthy, not anorexic, and still has some meat to cover her bones, but not wobbly with fat. My husband always eyes the girls he calls 'thick' and I know its not because he's disgusted with them.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I think SOME women hear "thick" and think "fat/chubby" because basically anything without the connotation of skinny/fit/thin means "fat" to a woman it seems. It's a byproduct of our socialization.

I don't think that "thick" is a bad thing at all--I don't think the men who use it are referring to the person as unattractive either. Quite the opposite actually.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    The 1st time I heard the term "thick" was when I was 16 and a guy said I was "thick in all the right places". :huh:

It's just not a pleasant word to hear. I'm not exactly sure what it means.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    According to my man, who prefers "thick" girls, they are naturally curvy girls. The ones with a flat tummy but rounded hips, rounder bigger butt and thighs. Think salma hayek, kim k, beyonce, christina millian. They are thin in the tummy, arms, etc but the butt and thighs are kickin like bruce lee. Lol

Edit to add my man says sometimes too big is too much and wouldnt be considered thick.

^ This

I've been called "thick" because of my thighs. Sometimes I get confused because don't know if I should take it as a compliment or be offended. It's one of those tricky words :/ lol
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    The 1st time I heard the term "thick" was when I was 16 and a guy said I was "thick in all the right places". :huh:

It's just not a pleasant word to hear. I'm not exactly sure what it means.

thick for girls and husky for guys doesn't always sound good
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    from urban dictionary...lol

Thick

A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I hear thick - I think stocky. Not many curves - built more like a sturdy tree.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely "thick" lol, broad shouldered, broad hipped. Even at my lowest weight, though I looked good, I was definitely wider (and more hourglassy) than "regular" women. Which is ok with me. Even though I don't like the term "thick," I do appreciate the natural curves I've been blessed with. I have no desire to be the size and shape of what's usually considered fit or normal.
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    My friends always tellls damn girl ur thick !! And I tell them R u calling me fat !? But they tell me no thick means some who has a nice body not to skinny not to fat !!
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In Queens a thick girl, lady or women is sexy, enjoy:wink:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options

My husband says the exact same thing. I think J-Lo is a good example also.