"Thick" girls

Options

Replies

• mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been called thick and after reading some of these posts I wonder if I should punch somebody too lol :ohwell:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg

Best pic I have seen all day lol

That little mama is booming. Just my type right there.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What exactly does this mean?? My husband drives me crazy with this. I always thought it meant a little overweight, but not chubby. Yet, when we see what I think is a normal sized girl, not any extra weight, he'll say "she was a thick girl". I reply with "she looked normal to me, not over or under weight", and he said that its more about body type. But it seems like only girls that are too thin he calls "normal", and ones that are a healthy weight he calls "thick". He does call out the anorexic-ly skinny girls out as being grossly thin, but it just drives me crazy that once I get to a healthy weight I'll still be considered "thick". That puts me in mind of chubby. What are your opinions?

wow, your husband seems to think women are obliged to have a body that he approves of. He sounds very annoying.
    Thick means not too clever to me.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    According to my man, who prefers "thick" girls, they are naturally curvy girls. The ones with a flat tummy but rounded hips, rounder bigger butt and thighs. Think salma hayek, kim k, beyonce, christina millian. They are thin in the tummy, arms, etc but the butt and thighs are kickin like bruce lee. Lol

Edit to add my man says sometimes too big is too much and wouldnt be considered thick.

^^^ This is right on point!!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely "thick" lol, broad shouldered, broad hipped. Even at my lowest weight, though I looked good, I was definitely wider (and more hourglassy) than "regular" women. Which is ok with me. Even though I don't like the term "thick," I do appreciate the natural curves I've been blessed with. I have no desire to be the size and shape of what's usually considered fit or normal.

nice
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Yet, when we see what I think is a normal sized girl, not any extra weight, he'll say "she was a thick girl".

How does that make you feel?

Dump him. He's not for you...
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    from urban dictionary...lol

Thick

A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.

LOVE this!!! Perfect! I am thick in all those except the breasts... Can't win em all!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I think of thick as having a bit more muscle and size than let's someone who is leaner. For example, Serena Williams is "thick" compared to let's say Steffi Graf. They are the same height. And probably have similar body fat percentages when they are training, but Serena is bigger than Steffi, especially in her lower body and arms.

Other people use the term to say "bigger"

'The average sprinter is much "thicker" than the average marathoner.
    So here is Lolo Jones (she does short distance hurdles)
    185765447.jpg

Now look at Shalane Flanagan (she runs 10000M)
    shalane-flanagan.jpg

These two women are really fit, but notice how different their body types are. Notice how the top woman has much bigger quads than the one at the bottom. She is "thicker" although by any definition both of these women are lean and athletic.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

And this gives me hope!!! You guys find this attractive, then i'll be alright! I happen to like my shape, which is similar, it's just nice to know others appreciate it too! :flowerforyou:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I go for thickness with a quickness like you've never seen.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely take being called "thick" as a compliment.

If anyone British calls you thick. It's not a compliment. They're calling you stupid.
    Oh the joys of slang.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    from urban dictionary...lol

Thick

A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.

Finally my bum is accepted :happy:
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Dat *kitten* and dem hips are requirements for thickness. I'm trying to think of other examples, but Christina Hendricks is the perfect celebrity example for thickness.

Oh and for me, most thick women are a bit overweight. The ones that are normal weight are maybe curvy or still hot, but not thick.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

And this gives me hope!!! You guys find this attractive, then i'll be alright! I happen to like my shape, which is similar, it's just nice to know others appreciate it too! :flowerforyou:

attractive? you kidding me? of course i find it attractive. i want to eat yogurt off that *kitten*. no spoon either.
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    that is an incredible photo, wow
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    420201090629AM_thick-white-girls-demotivational-poster.jpg

Thick-White-Girls-Motivational-Poster-1.jpg

pic 1: thick
    pic 2: not really
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I get called thick a lot. I'm 5'8", my weight is consistently around 155 pounds but only have about 18% body fat. I can't get below 150 without starving myself. More "normal" framed size 5'8" women could easily get to 135 pounds and still have more body fat on them than I do. My shoulders are broad and my thighs are bigger than many mens.

That said, I hate hearing it. I'd love to be told I was "skinny".

I'm 5'8 too, and there is no way I could go under 150. Heck, I sometimes question going under 160, but we'll see when (if) we get there. I'm just built a bit sturdier than most women, I won't ever have to worry about a strong breeze hehe. Sometimes it's hard to remember that all people are built in so many different ways, and it's so easy to compare ourselves to someone with a much smaller frame and wish we could attain that skinny look.
    Nah. I like being sturdy, and I much prefer that in other women too.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    5'8 here as well, I cant go below 160 to hit my ideal figure, which is my goal, but Id rather not be called skinny.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    my hubby loves thick women
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am a thick woman and I love it!! I have everything in the rite places :)