420201090629AM_thick-white-girls-demotivational-poster.jpg

Thick-White-Girls-Motivational-Poster-1.jpg

pic 1: thick
    pic 2: not really
    I lol'd.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It's really just a "hip" way of the expression "curves in all the right places". Lol, when a girl is thick they mean that her waist is thin but she has big hips and/or breasts. It has nothing to do with essential health or weight.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I only recently heard of this word being used for anything other than negative. I get it, and I'm certainly that body type. But I just don't like the word. I think I'd be insulted.

Long ago, some guy said to me "damn girl, you've got some big legs!" He meant it as a compliment but I was mortified. I think this is kind of the same thing.

I've also heard of "thick" meaning stupid, and I'm American.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg

Best pic I have seen all day lol

That little mama is booming. Just my type right there.

And this gives me hope!!! You guys find this attractive, then i'll be alright! I happen to like my shape, which is similar, it's just nice to know others appreciate it too! :flowerforyou:

attractive? you kidding me? of course i find it attractive. i want to eat yogurt off that *kitten*. no spoon either.

LOVE THIS...Thanks for the MOTIVATION!!!
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I get called thick all the time. Mainly by affrican american guys. Always figured it was meant to be a compliment, but being a 5'3" white girl, thick never seemed too appealing.
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    I have always been termed thick regardless of the number on the scale. I think thick is is a sandwich away from fat in my opinion. I would prefer curvy.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely take being called "thick" as a compliment.

YES...that is all.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    <
    Used to be THICK...trying to make a COME BACK...so WATCH OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I don't use the term thick. I like saying sturdy instead.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Beyonce is thick....does that help? lol
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Is this kinda like "brick house" bahahahha! Woot for big *kitten*!!!
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    No disrespect but I think that his interpretation of a thick girl is his own perception. As long as you feel comfortable in your skin and know that you are losing the weight and trimming down for yourself that's all that matters. Thick can be interpreted in so many ways. A big boned person, a person with wide hips or gluteous, a person who possibly lifts weights, and so on etc... It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Look at body charts and compare your height, body frame, and weight range. Once you've done that you can also check in with your doctor to see what range of weight and what your body shape may define. Again at the end of the day your hubby is still with you and that's all that matters! I don't mean to pry but if what he is saying is upseting you maybe you should try and sit down with him and tell him how you really feel. If he respects you and your feelings he will attempt to choose his words wisely. God Bless :) (Readers feel free to add me so we all can give each other nutritional advice) :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

"Sturdy" is worse in my opinion... A VOLKSWAGEN is "sturdy". ):
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I concur with the comment and the photo :happy:
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    According to my man, who prefers "thick" girls, they are naturally curvy girls. The ones with a flat tummy but rounded hips, rounder bigger butt and thighs. Think salma hayek, kim k, beyonce, christina millian. They are thin in the tummy, arms, etc but the butt and thighs are kickin like bruce lee. Lol

Edit to add my man says sometimes too big is too much and wouldnt be considered thick.

I think he nailed it.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

STURDY is NOT the term to use. "Honey you are so STURDY!" Lets just say NO NOOKIE FOR YOU!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

STURDY is NOT the term to use. "Honey you are so STURDY!" Lets just say NO NOOKIE FOR YOU!
    I have been called "sturdy" more times than I care to count (foot-in-mouth-diseased-soon-to-be-ex-husband). I don't like "thick" all that much either, but "voluptuous" is I guess too much to ask for.
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options

I have been called "sturdy" more times than I care to count (foot-in-mouth-diseased-soon-to-be-ex-husband). I don't like "thick" all that much either, but "voluptuous" is I guess too much to ask for.

I MUCH prefer the term voluptuous! :)
  • sguinn75
    sguinn75 Posts: 14
    Options
    If you think that is thick then you need your head examined!!! She has a booty for sure but that girl is a lean mean fighting machine. I would hate to see what you would say about me.
  • sguinn75
    sguinn75 Posts: 14
    Options
    ^ yea I agree!
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg

If you think that is thick then you need your head examined!!! She has a booty for sure but that girl is a lean mean fighting machine. I would hate to see what you would say about me.