"Thick" girls

Options

Replies

• steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    When I hear thick, I think linebacker. Same with built like a brickhouse. Heard it for a loooooong time before I gained weight. My husband prefers amazon. All of which I detest!!!!!

It's supposed to be a compliment. Not agreeing here. lol I prefer voluptuous or curvy.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow, language is a strange thing. I'd be completely insulted to be called thick - it means stupid in my part of the world.
    In the context of weight - I could only guess that it means the opposite of thin and it wouldn't sound like a compliment to me.

I'd never heard this term until I found MFP, I guess it is one of those US words that we may as well get used to because it will end up here (Australia) sooner or later.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What a weird word! My hubs uses a few words that drive me nuts, but when it comes to weight, he keeps it really simple. It's either sexy or it's not. Works for me. Even with all my extra weight he appreciates the sex appeal. I've still got it, the goal is to get more of it. The best thing I've noticed on this project is that not all appeal comes from physical attributes, sometimes it's just sexy to be happy and confident that you are doing the right things for your mind and body.
    As far as the word, I would call him on it and say "if by thick you mean hot, yup, I'd do her." That will get his attention. :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely take being called "thick" as a compliment.
  • Mrsmonas
    Mrsmonas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    According to my man, who prefers "thick" girls, they are naturally curvy girls. The ones with a flat tummy but rounded hips, rounder bigger butt and thighs. Think salma hayek, kim k, beyonce, christina millian. They are thin in the tummy, arms, etc but the butt and thighs are kickin like bruce lee. Lol

Edit to add my man says sometimes too big is too much and wouldnt be considered thick.

^^^ This...my husband likes "thick" women.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thick is good! That means you got a booty back there a nice set of thigh and wonderful breast.
    Your man got something to grab on to!
    A REAL man like meat! Leave the bones to the dogs
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Thick is good! That means you got a booty back there a nice set of thigh and wonderful breast.

Exactly! Men really do like women in all packages, and there are a lot more men out there that appreciate a woman with softness and a curve or two or three!
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow. Way to be insulting to thin people. Why is calling someone fat such a horrible thing, but calling someone bony is ok? Does putting others down really make you feel better about yourself?

A REAL man likes a women who has all those special qualities that makes her a wonderful human being. REAL men love women of all shapes and sizes.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers amazon.

Oh wow... my ex used to call me amazon and it *wasn't* a compliment.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't stand being called "thick." If so many women didn't misuse this word....I wouldn't hate being called that. I've seen women who are 250+ call themselves "thick," when in actuality....they don't have the flat stomach and the killer waist/hip ratio.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I have been called thick before, or worse I think is being told I have 'dsl' and having to have THAT explained to me, I dont even take either as a compliment, there are a million other words to use lol. I dont prefer being called thick, but overall I think if you have a *kitten* and curves, be prepared for someone to say it
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I would absolutely take being called "thick" as a compliment.

me too!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    from urban dictionary...lol

Thick

A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.

LOL...yep that's my understanding of what "thick" means.:laugh:

Beyonce, J-Lo & Kim K. are examples of "thick" woman. Not fat,not skinny but curvy & solid in all the right places. It's a compliment.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I take it to mean that even if you lost a lot of weight, and got as skinny as your body would allow, you'd still look a little heavier than someone with a smaller frame. In other words, no matter how skinny J Lo gets, her *kitten* ain't going no where. Lol.
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    In the uk thick means stupid. So, if someone called me thick they would be getting a punch in the face lol.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Thick mean large thighs and butt.
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in California. If you say thick here it is a compliment. It doesn't mean overweight. Its more of a body like Serena Williams, Kim Kardashian. Having body in all the right places, solid. Big thighs small waist can mean thick too.
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In the uk thick means stupid. So, if someone called me thick they would be getting a punch in the face lol.
    That is too funny. lol
  • alphagirl82
    Options
    I get called thick a lot. I'm 5'8", my weight is consistently around 155 pounds but only have about 18% body fat. I can't get below 150 without starving myself. More "normal" framed size 5'8" women could easily get to 135 pounds and still have more body fat on them than I do. My shoulders are broad and my thighs are bigger than many mens.

That said, I hate hearing it. I'd love to be told I was "skinny".
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg

Best pic I have seen all day lol