What is the name of the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I read it religiously. :smile:
    I see what you did there.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    New Rules of lifting, it was about weigh/strength training.
  • meltuck
    meltuck Posts: 131
    Options
    Goldfinger by Ian Flemming

its a james bond book, you know world domination thwarted by sexy english spy. An oldie but a goodie.
  • yag1630
    yag1630 Posts: 92
    Options
    The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership - by John Maxwell

An inspirational and motivational book about leadership.
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The sunrise lands -- S.M. Stirling
  • vickiebarnes2
    Options
    Hunger Games trilogy! My fave being Catching fire. Can't wait until the movie!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Finished re-reading the Committment or something named like that, by Dan Savage. Now I'm reading A History of the Wife by Marilyn Yalom. One is a history from about 10 years ago on the unavailability of marriage and its benefits to same sex couples. The other is the history of women's roles in history through the lens of the role of wife.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "The Gerson Therapy"

"It's a natural treatment that activates the body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself through an organic, vegetarian diet, raw juices, coffee enemas and natural supplements."

:)
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Helen of Troy by Margaret George. Love the way she writes stories seen through the eyes of the that person. My favourite is her one on Henry VIII. I also have her Memoirs of Cleopatra and Biography of Mary, Queen of Scots, Elizabeth Tudor and Mary Magdelene (which isn't as good as all the others)

I'm going to have to look at some of these books,

The last book I read was The Other Boleyn Girl, by Phillipa Gregory, I love her writing style although I hate how inaccurate she portrays the characters although it really makes for a different story

I have a few of Phillipa Gregory's books, but really do prefer Margaret George- I'm sure you will enjoy them! Tudor history is fascinating to me :)
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Currently reading. "The fountainhead" - Ayn Rand

One of my all-time favorite books, though I don't believe in her philosophy.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Valley L.M. Montgomery---I love Anne...her stories always make me feel good about being a mom and a homemaker...and Stephen King...
  • terriebmn
    Options
    To Tempt a Scotsman (historical romance) it's about all I read other than a good mystery once in a while
  • ErinIrwin
    ErinIrwin Posts: 10
    Options
    Lord of the Flies
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The White Road- John Connelly - One of the Charlie Parker novels. Err ghosts, hitmen, private detectives, murder, itelligent and thought provoking.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The Stand - looooooved it.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The Shack...A Mans is confronted by God in the midst of a tragedy.
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A Dance with Dragons.....5th novel in the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin.

Swords and Politics on a Grand Scale.....with Dragons and other beasties.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    EMERGENCY CARE......My EMT Class Book..........Also self explanatory!
  • OpheliasPath
    Options
    I recently finished the Hunger Games trilogy. Haven't had a bookorgasm like that in YEARS.
    My life feels almost empty after finishing it, and now I am just counting down the days till I can watch the first movie.
  • danapellerin
    danapellerin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Stand - looooooved it.

I read The Stand years ago, fantastic book. Did you ever see the mini-series on TV? Not so fantastic.