Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options

The people don't that believe in a buffer zone in the locker room or shower!

If there are 10 lockers in a row free DONT USE THE ONE NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE!!!!!

If there are 5 showers in a row free DONT USE THE ONE NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE!!!!!

OK, I workout at home now BUT this brought back memories, over 300 lockers in 4 different sections BUT you got to choose the one under/above/next to me SERIOUSLY!!

& Someone else mentioned the naked walkers, hey in the shower maybe, after all its the shower & I am happy that you are happy with your body, I AM NOT! put a towel around it, occasionally I would take my daughter swimming at the gym & it would be a mine field, as some guys just want everybody to see there junk!! Get a life it ain't all that :(

As for the hot tub/shower debacle, he's having a wash in the hot tub!!

Russ
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If there are 10 lockers in a row free DONT USE THE ONE NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE!!!!!

If you're using the locker next to my regular one you're just tough out of luck.
    :laugh:

What annoys me is people who don't put back their weights.
    And if you're not done, don't walk away from the squat rack and talk to your mates for 5 minutes. I will think you're done and start to use it.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Files their feet? EW!! haha
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    what ticks me off

the people that dont use deoderant prior to there workout.....

the people that make LOUD grunting noises

the men who spend more time looking and themselves in the mirror than workin out (hah.. good for a laugh though)

when lifting very heavy weights sometimes it is necessary to make a grunting noise to get through that last rep... i don't see why people care so much
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    People using multiple piece of equipment at once, and moving between them. Sorry, I'm not going to wait 15 minutes to squat just because you read somewhere that circuit training is the only way to get fit. There are actually multiple people at my gym who do this! I have to stop them every time.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't hate them.. maybe irritated, sometimes humoured.. but the gym cry babies can be a real nuisance. I wonder how some people make it through life when the smallest thing upsets them so.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    Options
    Hates those that don't look like they worked out - I am sweaty and red-faced after. Definitely can't exercise with a full face of makeup.

I've just started lifting and although I do it to failure I barely break a sweat. Doesn't mean I'm not working my bottom off.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    Options
    what ticks me off

the people that dont use deoderant prior to there workout.....

the people that make LOUD grunting noises

the men who spend more time looking and themselves in the mirror than workin out (hah.. good for a laugh though)

when lifting very heavy weights sometimes it is necessary to make a grunting noise to get through that last rep... i don't see why people care so much

Agreed. I've started to do it the higher weights I get to. It's not something I can control it's just I'm working really hard.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    when people sit on the equipment changing the songs on their ipod....and 10 minutes later theyre still doing it!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Something that really annoys me is when I go do situps and someone is using the punching bag. They are right near each other and it's really loud. I just try to suck it up because there's nothing I can do about it, but it's still annoying.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    people having a whole conversation so early in the morning with a group next to the machine that you're using
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

The people don't that believe in a buffer zone in the locker room or shower!

If there are 5 showers in a row free DONT USE THE ONE NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE!!!!!

This! I love the buffer zone. For me it's the same with cardio machines :) , especially if you want to have a conversation on your cell phone!
  • Strawberry_Kitten
    Options
    The girls that come in wearing converse and their makeup perfectly done and their hair perfectly curled trying to run on the treadmill only to pull their pants up every 2 minutes because they wore baggy pants rolled up to show their bellies!

This! O god this. Girls who come in with a face full of make up, they will sit in the bikes (all 3 of them) and have a 30 mins chat. Then proceed to use the bike for 10 mins. Declare that they have worked so hard today and that they need a rest in the sauna.....
    They go in the sauna and chuck all the water on the rocks and continue to do so untill its "100 oc" or so they think.

The gym instructor who asks me if i want an induction/ help/ equipment explained/ a bottle of water/ a tour of the facilities/ anything he can think of, every freakin' day! I joined a year ago...
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    People who don't rerack their weights or wipe down their machines/benches. It always seems to be some musclebound moron who thinks he is too good to clean up after himself.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When someone gets on the cardio machine right next to me, when there are plenty of empty ones. Give me some space, unless you want to here me sing along to my ipod, loudly.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    OMG, people quit sweating the small stuff. the only thing I hate is the old guys walking around the lacker room with their long old balls swinging around. YUK!! HAHA
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    this is why I don't go to the gym.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when im walking from one machine to another, ive got my headphones in, and some random person will bloody stop me and chat for ages about working out! :angry: this makes me soo mad! Im there to get sweaty and get a bloody good workout, not to stand around and chat!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My latest pet peave is people coming in to do cardio and drinkinf coffee at the same time! How are you working hard while filling your tunny with hot coffee.
    BTW I also saw a girl doing 10 bicep curls then sipping her coffee after every 10.

petty I know but it irritates me!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Big guys who leave huge weights on the olympic bars.
    People that moan about someone being on a piece of cardio equipment for a long time... if you snooze you lose, I got here first and want to get a decent workout in...some days I snooze and loose, today you have to too!
    People who go do loads of mat work after loads of cardio with a sweaty back and don't wipe down the mat!
    People who don't wipe down equipment properly, especially after they've been sweating heavily.
    That when I ladder my tights there's not a vending machine for a spare pair... and the benches aren't that smooth (old military gym!) so they often do snag - making me have to depart the building looking like a tramp of an officer!
    People who use like 20 plastic cups instead of retaining the one they had for their session and so they run out quickly and it's extremely wasteful.
    Senior officers that pass on snarky comments back to your instructors about how much time you spend in the gym...