Replies

• garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    he probably fancied u
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I have too much class to have graced him with a response, but I'm enjoying reading yours (:
  • acook104
    acook104 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Some people are just f***ing evil. You've worked hard to get where you are now. Don't let some idiot discourage you.
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredibly ignorant but totally predictable...sad to say there will always be jerks like that out there. Ignore them and listen to all of us amazing, wonderfuly insightful people here on MFP who actually know a beautiful person by their courage, dedication, strength, and committment!!! I wish my ticker said 27 pounds lost!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    In the UK we call them W&nkers.

I have a few stock answers to men who make rude comments.

1. That may be true but you still couldn't afford me
    2. You will never get close enough to find out.
    3. Yeah but in a few months I will be slim, but you will still be a W&nker
    4. I wouldn't kiss you with someone elses lips.

Make up some of your own it's fun. You don't have to say them to the guys face of course that could be dangerous but just hearing them inside your head will make you smile and smiling as you walk away drives them batty. :flowerforyou:
  • Erchu12
    Erchu12 Posts: 9
    Options
    Girl, screw that people. That's why drunk idiots should never talk out loud. If you felt good, his words have nothing on you.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    On behalf of men - even the jerks, ok, especially the jerks - I'd like to say, sorry.

Ya almost have to feel bad for a guy so bereft of anything positive in his life that the only way he can get attention is by putting someone else down. Almost, but not quite.

I really hope you know don't let this get to you. Unless you choose to use it as motivation to get in good enough shape that should you see this person again you would be able to rip his still beating heart from his chest, show it to him and then toss it in a trash can.

There was a line on an old TV show I used to watch. A doctor was working on a wounded soldier and he was losing him and screamed, "Don't let the b*st*rd win!"

He was talking about war and death, but I use it daily in lotsa situations and I think it could work here.

This person - and I use this term lightly - is not worth even a second more of your time.

I've seen several of your responses to other topics and I must say they're all great. There should be more men/women like you with a good heart and intelligence to match.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How sad for him, he probably has no idea how ignorant he is. Don't waste your thoughts on anyone who has nothing polite to say.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I know the feeling :/

Something similar happened to me when I went to a concert.
    I didn't wear anything to revealing, just a halter top, jacket and jeans.

Two older men standing behind me and my friend said "D*mn! I guess fat girls think they can wear anything now-a-days."

Needless to say, I was very upset.
    Don't let them get you down.
    Prove them wrong :p

Sorry that happened to you but prove them wrong? They were wrong. You or anyone else subjected to bullying have nothing to prove. You and the OP I am sure looked beautiful and tasteful. What they did to you both was unacceptable and horrible. No one should be harrassed like that. Hopefully neither of you will be subjected to those classless type of people again.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    People like that define themselves a whole lot more than they define the people they insult. And they don't even realize it. Insecurity and immaturity are only the tip of the iceberg there.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I'd have said that's WHY DISGUSTING UGLY MEN like you ought to stay away from alcohol.

And he WAS repulsive looking!
    Like I don't set the bar very high, looks aren't at the top of my list but I wouldn't have even given this guy a chance if he bought me a drink...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    People are *kitten*, sorry you experienced this.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! :( He's a total db. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I'd have said that's WHY DISGUSTING UGLY MEN like you ought to stay away from alcohol.

And he WAS repulsive looking!
    Like I don't set the bar very high, looks aren't at the top of my list but I wouldn't have even given this guy a chance if he bought me a drink...
    Ever see that t-shirt? "I'm fat, but you're ugly. I can lose weight."
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My father was like that. Ironically he was the one that got me into my bad eating habits as a child. When I was a kid he cut my hair into a boy's cut because he said I was too stupid to know how to wash my hair properly, then made fun of me because he said I looked like Jim Carrey. When I went into middle school and really began getting big he would come in my room, slap my stomach and butt and laugh as it jiggled then "ground" me from sweets only to later sit right in front of me wherever I was in the house and eat a whole pint of ice cream by himself. Oh, by the way he was a diabetic. In public he'd tell me I embarrassed him for looking the way I did (my mother's overweight so he blamed her even though he was always forced on diets to lose his gut) and several times until I moved away at 15 that no man would ever love me or want to be with me sexually because I'd make them lose their boners. My dad also loved to laugh at women he deemed fat or ugly in public.

Anyway, people who say things like that are generally the lowest form of human life who are either so opinionated or so down on themselves they feel the need to knock someone else down a few pegs so they can go up a few. It hurts, it's always going to because no one likes being made fun of, but to me personally it's twatrags like them that motivate me to show them I'm not just "some fat chick" and I'm not going to let them stop me from the ultimate revenge--becoming healthy and gorgeous and turning my head when they come 'round with sweet nothings. You were better than him before he even opened his mouth.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, you're extremely pretty and lost 27 pounds!!!!! Congrats on that wonderful accomplishment!

And you will continue to lose more until you reach your goal weight! Another accomplishment!

So, what some insensitive cod with zero intelligence utters in a drunken moment of sheer stupidity is meaningless and has nothing to do with you. It's all about him and what a moron he is. Be glad that he isn't in your life and pity those that are and dismiss the incident. Brush it off.

Hold your head up high and be proud!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    He's just mad because it has been so long since he has gotten laid. Don't even give a second thought to someone who is clearly so insecure that he has to tear down other people out of nowhere.

A 27lbs loss is freaking fantastic! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I would have yelled back: 'That's why first cousins shouldn't breed!'

If I had three days to come up with a totally natural and witty reply, of course.

Don't feel bad, the guy was obviously an *kitten*. A weight gain can be rectified, but *kitten* and ugly are gonna be with that fool forever.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    some food for thought...true story...i once had some guy ask me out when just a couple of days before he had publicly humiliated me...he apologized (uhuh i was thinking) but he didnt want to admit in front of his friends he was attracted to em and actually liked bigger girls. lol seriously? The problem is hunny these dumb *kitten* men bottom line dont want to admit it doesnt matter what women look like lol. they jsut dont want to admit theyd take us in an instant. dont let it get to you. i know its hard he was a total jerk wad. you are gorgeous.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I sometimes can't believe how idiotic and nasty people can be.

I know it's hard to ignore but just remember he will always be that much of an idiot so hopefully his life will suck! You know you are losing weight, he won't be able to have a personality transplant.