Publicly humiliating someone is mental.

Options

Replies

• greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    and that my dear, is why he is single standing at the end of the bar.............. :wink:
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Just can't fathom any of you guys getting any more awesome than you are haha best site ever.
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    Wow, what an *kitten*! I have little tolerance for idiots and thanks to my Italian grandmother, I bit my tongue for very little and my tongue can be my worst weapon I am told. I would have made him feel about two inches tall. How dare he ignorantly insult you for no other reason than to probably impress his dumb friends and the pure fact that he would never have stood one chance to even speak to you. I've come across limp d***, low self worth, immature idiots that act like their hot crap while with their friends but no soon as their friends are gone or not around they want to hit on the so called fat or ugly girls they were making fun of to see if they can get with her. He sounds like one of them. Dirt bag! Don't let idiots like that affect you, your gorgeous .
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry this happened. Really, pity the guy. He has no boundaries. He is not sensitive. He must put down others so that he can feel good about himself. He is truly pathetic.

But look at you! You have chosen to better yourself, not only outwardly, but healthwise as well. You are so determined...I can tell by the amount of weight you've lost. And you have courage! Don't choose to let one weak, snivelling, person erase your courage. Isn't it amazing that one nasty comment from one people in an entire room can deflate a person? That's what negative words do---they slash and maim and lash out like a whip.
    There's a proverbs that says: It is to your glory to overlook the offense of others.
    (Just think how thoughts of hatred, spite, anger toward others deplete us of joy and peace---it's hard, but when I do it I feel so much freer...and that I'm the winner)

I hope that all these supportive comments from this site will boost you up. There are some great people on this site...a real treasure. Don't let the bad guys win :)

I hope your week is full of extra blessings and joy!
  • LuciendaB
    Options
    You should have walked up to him and replied: "Atleast I can lose weight, you cant change being ugly".... Someone said that to me once when I was upset about being overweight....Its true. Your beautiful and the good thing from this experience is that you'll know how others feel in the same situation and you'll be able to give great advice! Dont let jerks bring you down, get healthy for you, dont even worry about anyone else!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What a jerk. You're absolutely gorgeous, try not to let it get to you.
  • fletchbaby
    fletchbaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh what an *kitten*!!!!! That guy is going to say something to the wrong person and get himself into some serious trouble.
    Oh and by the way you are gorgeous!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ugh, this makes me so sad for you. I would have felt the exact same way. What a jerk. I had something similar happen to me when I was running. It was in the middle of summer and so hot. I usually wear like shorts and a baggy tshirt bc I don't like clingy clothes but I had lost some weight and was starting to feel confident again so I work a tank top. It's not like it was some tiny thing, it was a regular, black cotton tank. So i'm running and this car goes by with some guys in it and they yelled "s***!!" out the window at me. It was so humiliating and shocking. I was super paranoid about how I looked the rest of the run and it pretty much ruined my workout. Later I was annoyed that I was letting it get to me so much, and next time I went running (ok, I didn't wear a tank top again, lol, but I have since) I tried to use my anger towards those idiots as motivation in my run.

You're a beautiful girl and you're doing so well, you've come so far! Unfortunately there are some big a-holes in this world that we have to come across every once in a while. Try not to take it personally and if you have to think about it, think about it during your next workout and use your anger as motivation. My fastest runs have always been when I'm angry :)
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Thank you guys, can we just hope people like this wise up or have a similar experience when they're totally unexpecting it and cry all the way home?
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    and that my dear, is why he is single standing at the end of the bar.............. :wink:

Exactly what I was thinking! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, can we just hope people like this wise up or have a similar experience when they're totally unexpecting it and cry all the way home?

lol yeah i like to think that karma takes care of people like that. But even if there's no karma, I bet that anyone who is that much of an *kitten* to strangers (or anyone) probably has a pretty crappy life anyway!
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What a cruel, cruel man :( I'm very sorry that happened to you. You're the better person. I am not surprised, however, about this kind of behaviour nowadays. I get abuse off people because of the colour of my hair. It's naturally ginger. A couple of weeks ago a lady shouted "ginger cow!" at me. I felt so humiliated. She was about 30, so old enough to know better. The fact that people can openly insult someone because of their appearance just disgusts me...

I've never figured out why us "gingers' get such a bad rap. If someone said anything like that to me I'd make 'em "ginger-ail"
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    What a cruel, cruel man :( I'm very sorry that happened to you. You're the better person. I am not surprised, however, about this kind of behaviour nowadays. I get abuse off people because of the colour of my hair. It's naturally ginger. A couple of weeks ago a lady shouted "ginger cow!" at me. I felt so humiliated. She was about 30, so old enough to know better. The fact that people can openly insult someone because of their appearance just disgusts me...

I've never figured out why us "gingers' get such a bad rap. If someone said anything like that to me I'd make 'em "ginger-ail"

hahaha that's awesome
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've experience something similar...I didn't let it ruin my night but it really pissed me off. Some people have no respect and feelings! Keep going forward 24 lbs is super great!
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had something similar happen... Once in college at lunch this cute guy sat beside me... We started talking until a girl across the table shouted something about me he ignored and continued talking so she shouted again. He got up and left just so she'd stop yelling it. This was at a "Christian university" and a horrible moment in my life. Look at the plus side you can always loose more weight look at your weight as a work in progress and don't Spend much time thinking about evil peoples actions
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Next time you tell him, "Yeah, I may be a bit overweight, but next year I'll be skinny, while you'll STILL be ugly 'cause that's BONE DEEP!"
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Perfect! :smile:
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you had to experience that. People can be so cruel.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Wonder what tune he'd be singing after I grabbed his balls and sqeezed really hard while twisting
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    Oh my gosh, what a douche! You are beautful and it's awesome that you've lost that already! Keep your head up and keep doing what you're doing for yourself.