Black Team is starting over and recruiting :)

Options

Replies

• emsmom2009
    emsmom2009 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey every one, I'm new to this site and loving it. I'd love to join the black team.
    I have 100+ pounds to lose and am very motivated to do it.
    I'm working out at home (doing leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvds) - anyone ever try them, they're awesome. I'm also working out at a gym with a trainer 2x's per week.

btw, I, too, have a really cute kid!
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey every one, I'm new to this site and loving it. I'd love to join the black team.
    I'm working out at home (doing leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvds) - anyone ever try them, they're awesome. I'm also working out at a gym with a trainer 2x's per week.

Yes, I love Leslie. I'm also working out at the gym 4 times a week and new to the team. We've just got to remember that we didn't get this way overnight & it will take time to see results. I tend to get discouraged if I can't see changes immediately, but this time will be different.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

it is so great you are working with a trainer. I have seen ppl at the gym get wonderful results.......confidence being the most important thing!!

Good luck!:drinker:
  • otcarlson
    otcarlson Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey everybody! Is it too late to join? If so, Im interested in getting in a group. Ive scanned what you guys have already written, and you seem very nice and supportive. I dont know what a pm is. I am new to this site. I am not even sure how to find this group again once I hit post reply. Is there some kind of "save group" button? Anyhow, just tell me what I need to do and Im there. Ive got two weeks and three days before I weigh in at this big weight loss contest I am in at school. (Im a teacher) I have to be PERFECT until then and so I need all the support that I can find! Thanks! Tanya:wink:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Is it too late to join? If so, Im interested in getting in a group. Ive scanned what you guys have already written, and you seem very nice and supportive. I dont know what a pm is. I am new to this site. I am not even sure how to find this group again once I hit post reply. Is there some kind of "save group" button? Anyhow, just tell me what I need to do and Im there. Ive got two weeks and three days before I weigh in at this big weight loss contest I am in at school. (Im a teacher) I have to be PERFECT until then and so I need all the support that I can find! Thanks! Tanya:wink:

PM is private/personal message.

Once you've posted a reply, under community, click on My Topics and it will list the last 25 or so threads you've posted to.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    feeling a little before/after love. Okay this is a "during" because after looking at this I've found my motivation to go forth and continue the battle.

We went hiking today and took a very steep and challenging trail. I recalled when a simple walk had me miserable. I found a picture of me at Old Man's Cave last year and then the pic my hubby snapped of me today. I'm sweaty, makeupless,, bad hair..and I don't care. (Janie this will ruin your "photogenic" image of me, but I am so happy I don't care, it was a totally natural "in the moment" kind of thing...) SO here goes: (deep breath)

hikingbeforeafter-1.jpg
  • angie2009
    angie2009 Posts: 8
    Options
    feeling a little before/after love. Okay this is a "during" because after looking at this I've found my motivation to go forth and continue the battle.

We went hiking today and took a very steep and challenging trail. I recalled when a simple walk had me miserable. I found a picture of me at Old Man's Cave last year and then the pic my hubby snapped of me today. I'm sweaty, makeupless,, bad hair..and I don't care. (Janie this will ruin your "photogenic" image of me, but I am so happy I don't care, it was a totally natural "in the moment" kind of thing...) SO here goes: (deep breath)

hikingbeforeafter-1.jpg

Wow! You are an inspiration. I went frisbee golfing for the first time a few days ago, and it was pretty much hiking with breaks of throwing a disc. I was getting winded way too easily. Can't wait for that not to happen anymore. It's great to be part of a team where we get to see true success stories.

Thank you I needed that motivation to keep going.

Angie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Lynnie, you look great! Glad you found the motivation to keep going, sometimes that's harder than the work itself! You took a little time for you and were happy where you were for awhile, sometimes that is deseperately needed. Good for you.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Angie,

I looked at your profile and you are an absolutely beautiful woman. You really deserve to do this for yourself and I know it is possible. I've never been told I was an insipiration before, that is so sweet. I have had such positive and wonderful encouragement from this team and I know you will get it too. This team is full of so many "big losers" (hahah) the before and "durings" will simply blow you away. (Shuntae, Andrew, and Roni come to mind immediately).

I'd say good luck, but honestly it isn't about being lucky. You don't get lucky and lose 100+ lbs. You feed your body healthy foods 6 small meals a day, you do your best to make good choices everyday, and you get your *kitten* in gear, move that booty. Dig deep and you will find you have strengh you never knew exsisted before.

Lynnie
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Lynnie, you look great! Glad you found the motivation to keep going, sometimes that's harder than the work itself! You took a little time for you and were happy where you were for awhile, sometimes that is deseperately needed. Good for you.

Girlfrain, I am not going to be happy until I'm sporting sexy abs like yours! You are amazing!!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

hikingbeforeafter-1.jpg

Wow!! You have made quite a transformation Lynnie! You look amazing:drinker: And with or without makeup, good hair or bad, I think your still VERY photogenic:flowerforyou: Keep up the great work g/f!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Glad I have a team now... have to come somewhere to be able to vent. I normally weigh on Monday. I just got on the scale- after using the bathroom, butt naked and it is not even funny.

I know the scale can fluctuate a lot, but I've been doing this long enough and I watch my scale close enough, that I know my weight doesn't fluctuate all that much. My scale was up 5 pounds and I almost started to cry!

My husband got home after being gone for 9 months last Monday, I know I ate a little differently this week, but it wasn't terrible. We ate out 3 times, which I never, ever eat out. I still worked out at the gym 4 days. Granted my TOM started yesterday but even that doesn't normally give a huge change on the scale for me.

At this point in the game for me, it takes sooooo long to lose those 5 pounds! It's not fast like it was at the begining. I have been so scared that I wouldn't be able to keep off the weight with him home (track record not so good there) that this gain his first week back is like a punch in the stomach!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Glad I have a team now... have to come somewhere to be able to vent. I normally weigh on Monday. I just got on the scale- after using the bathroom, butt naked and it is not even funny.

I know the scale can fluctuate a lot, but I've been doing this long enough and I watch my scale close enough, that I know my weight doesn't fluctuate all that much. My scale was up 5 pounds and I almost started to cry!

My husband got home after being gone for 9 months last Monday, I know I ate a little differently this week, but it wasn't terrible. We ate out 3 times, which I never, ever eat out. I still worked out at the gym 4 days. Granted my TOM started yesterday but even that doesn't normally give a huge change on the scale for me.

At this point in the game for me, it takes sooooo long to lose those 5 pounds! It's not fast like it was at the begining. I have been so scared that I wouldn't be able to keep off the weight with him home (track record not so good there) that this gain his first week back is like a punch in the stomach!

Good for you for realizing that you don't want things to be like they were. Now you have to get him to eat the way you do because if you don't things won't change. I tried once to do weight watchers while my hubs ate whatever he wanted and I ended up gaining it all back plus some.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am really excited about our new team! With my other "old" teammates Tamara and Nicole I feel like this time it will be better here. Too many of our people left way toooooo early! I am hoping and feeling that this is the year for us all!!

And by the way, Lynnie you look totally awesome!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi, I've just come back to mfp after been off the rails for the past few weeks.

Can I join your team, just the thing I need to get my butt back into action. :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Lynnie - it is not your makeup or hair that make you so photogenic (although you do have beautiful hair - damn you:grumble: ), it is your spirit that shines through on every photo. You are gorgeous hun, and you have really come a long way. You are my inspiration as well.. Keep up the awesome work..:heart:

leckel (sorry I haven't picked up on your real name yet) - vent away!! that is what we are here for. I did check out your profile, though, and I have to say you have done amazing things. That one photo of the old shorts is awesome. these 5 pounds are water weight - I am sure of it. Enjoy having your husband home, you deserve this - and keep eating well and being active and the 5 will melt away..:flowerforyou:

black team members (previous and new) - Good morning all!! It is sunny in CT and I feel a good week coming up. Hope you all have active and happy days.

Janie
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to start this week! I have such a horrible week last week and I am really focused and ready to start! I have a softball game tonight and we ususally run a whole lot! I'm thinking of doing a quick cardio dvd before we go. I'm so excited and ready to get healthy!!
  • lynniejones
    Options

Lori, stick to your guns and keep reminding him how hot you are now. Going back is not an option. You've worked too hard!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your sweet words of encouragement about my ugly faced pictures. I :heart: you all for being so sweet.

Lynnie
    who didn't even say fu at all. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options

Lori, stick to your guns and keep reminding him how hot you are now. Going back is not an option. You've worked too hard!

I am sticking to my guns... just venting cause I was soooo frustrated! (My hubs is on board and lost like 4 pounds last week.... of course!) He also knows my fear of gaining it back and is fully aware how things have gone in the past. I will say when I've lost before when he's been gone it's been different, more a quick thing before he gets home and not a lifestyle change. I've been at this for 9 months, I'm NOT going back... I'd have nothing to wear!

The only promising thing I have going for me today (and really it's not but I'm trying to make it sound so to myself) is the fact that I am going for an err, umm, 'procedure' tomorrow morning. I can only have clear liquids today and after I drink my 'special concoction' later today, I'd imagine those 5 pounds might be 'flushed away' so to speak.

The fact I can't eat food today is not helping with my grumpy attitude! It's 9:15 and I'm starving. I like my food. I should be able to chew something in about 26 hours.... OMG!