4th of July Challenge!

Options
Hey y'all! The 4th of July is in 8 weeks and 2 days. I CHALLENGE anyone to join me in trying to hit a goal weight by the 4th of July. Independence Day is a day of picnics, parties, and swimming, and I want to be well on my way to my end goal by then. Although I've lost weight in the last year, I lost motivation around Thanksgiving and just sort of let myself fall off the wagon. I am chasing that wagon down and climbing back on, even if I have to use a bull-horn to get the driver's attention to slow down!

Starting weight: 185
4th of July Goal: 175
End Goal: 150

Thanks for participating! Feel free to join any time! Check ins are whenever works for you!

Replies

• Qt_JJ
    Qt_JJ Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey y'all! The 4th of July is in 8 weeks and 2 days. I CHALLENGE anyone to join me in trying to hit a goal weight by the 4th of July. Independence Day is a day of picnics, parties, and swimming, and I want to be well on my way to my end goal by then. Although I've lost weight in the last year, I lost motivation around Thanksgiving and just sort of let myself fall off the wagon. I am chasing that wagon down and climbing back on, even if I have to use a bull-horn to get the driver's attention to slow down!

Starting weight: 185
    4th of July Goal: 175
    End Goal: 150

Thanks for participating! Feel free to join any time! Check ins are whenever works for you!
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Ill take that challenge. Sounds like a good time to set a goal.

Starting weight 326
    Today's weight 312
    4th of July Goal 300
    end goal about 175
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm so in! I've been jumping on and hoping off too much lately.

Starting Weight: 150
    4th of July: 135
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm in!!!

Starting weight: 207
    4th of July goal: 195
  • Prissymissy1984
    Options
    Id love to join

starting weight- 245
    4th of july goal-230:tongue:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm totally game! :happy:

Today's weight: 188
    4th of July goal: 175
  • Qt_JJ
    Options
    Awesome! We are going to rock this out!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I actually had this as a goal already because i will be seeing my family for the first time since i started loosing weight last year.

Start Weight-268
    Today's weight-224
    July 4th goal-215
    End Goal-165
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good milestone date.

Today: 208
    July 4: 196

Oh, my gosh, just typing that makes me feel a little queasy. It doesn't seem possible. I have wanted to be under 200 pounds for a very long time.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Cool- count me in too - :smile: starting weight 321- 4th of July goal - 305 Cindy :heart:
  • brownewell94
    brownewell94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What a great challenge!! I started MFP in june of last year and did really good (20 pounds in 8 weeks). Then I took a job at my kids' school The cooks there are great and spoil the staff. It was so easy to let myself slide. I have also chased down the wagon! 8 1/2 days of school left, so the temptation will be so much les!!

Starting weight 232
    goal weight 220
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so in I have to get on a plane July 6th to fly to Virginia and I need to really work at this. I will say 20 pounds by July 4th! That will put me at 354.

SW: 374.5
    GW: 354
  • Qt_JJ
    Options
    Well here's to starting this challenge off right! My goals for today:

Stay within my calorie limits
    Workout with my weights and ball for 20-30 minutes
    Go to the gym and do 45-60 minutes of easy cardio

Welcome to the challenge y'all. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • ccoker
    ccoker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 4th of July is a perfect date, friends always have a pool party!

Starting weight 198
    Current weight 184
    4th of July goal 170
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good milestone date.

Today: 208
    July 4: 196

Oh, my gosh, just typing that makes me feel a little queasy. It doesn't seem possible. I have wanted to be under 200 pounds for a very long time.

I know what you mean! I'm at 202 currently but haven't been under 200 in a LONG time!! My goal is to be at 195 for the 4th. Lets get there and enjoy our accomplishment!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Starting weight- 150
    Current weight- 146
    Goal- 135

Woo hoo I'm on the right track. How is everyone else doing?
  • lindsayw
    lindsayw Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm In!!!
    Today- 231
    July 4th goal- since I have a wedding to go to on that day... 210
    Total Goal: 150
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I was all gung-ho for this, then I went out of town for my brother's graduation. I havn't weighed myself yet, but I've got to be up at least 3 lbs. *shudder* Oh well, 175 is still my goal by the 4th. It'll be harder now, but I can still make it!
  • vmkirby
    vmkirby Posts: 23
    Options
    I will work hard and give this a shot. I read in a magazine that the best way to get and stay on track with weight loss is to give yourself unofficial 48-hour goals...like, "I will go to the gym for an hour each other next two days." I am going to try that and see if it helps me reach my goal for the 4th. I have tank top and a skort I'd like to fit back into! :glasses:

Starting weight: 169.5
    4th of July Goal: 160
    End Goal: 140
  • modelgirl
    modelgirl Posts: 32
    Options
    I am in
    starting weight 164 lbs
    july weight 144lbs