What do your meatless meals look like? (Photo thread!)

Options

Replies

• jul2526
    jul2526 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the terrible camera phone quality, but this was just too good not to share!

Roasted Beet Burger (79 cals and 6.2g protein! How you like them apples?) on a wheat sandwich thin, topped with avocado and mustard. Honkin' side of baked sweet potato fries.

I just annihilated this.

OMG this looks AMAZING! Where on EARTH can one get a Roasted Beef Burger?????????
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the terrible camera phone quality, but this was just too good not to share!

Roasted Beet Burger (79 cals and 6.2g protein! How you like them apples?) on a wheat sandwich thin, topped with avocado and mustard. Honkin' side of baked sweet potato fries.

I just annihilated this.

OMG this looks AMAZING! Where on EARTH can one get a Roasted Beef Burger?????????

Susan's site at blog.fatfreevegan.com has a great roasted beet burger recipe! I used that with a few tweaks. Post-Punk Kitchen has a good recipe for a beet burger too!
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Bump!
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    Certainly not my prettiest meal, but definitely one of the tastiest! Lentil sloppy joe filling with brown rice and collard greens...and a glass of no-calorie orange *kitten* from my parents' refrigerator :) A delicious post-workout meal with 28g protein!

CMW1Jl.jpg
  • lalaCNSbFS
    lalaCNSbFS Posts: 83
    Options
    bump!
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Homemade seitan, baked sweet potato and broccoli! 46g protein and not a single speck of protein powder in sight! Take that, haters :)

Daffodilsoup, what's your Seitan recipe, please? I'm loving the idea of 46g of protein in one meal. What's the calorie count for this meal, if you wouldn't mind?
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started keeping a photo food journal a few weeks ago, there are 2-3 that do contain either meat/cheese/butter, because I'm still new at this. Originally I only tracked calories, but since I started using this site I am going to start tracking more complete nutritional info, sorry about it being an external site.

http://consumingdepression.blogspot.com/
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    Homemade seitan, baked sweet potato and broccoli! 46g protein and not a single speck of protein powder in sight! Take that, haters :)

Daffodilsoup, what's your Seitan recipe, please? I'm loving the idea of 46g of protein in one meal. What's the calorie count for this meal, if you wouldn't mind?

I use The PPK's homemade seitan recipe: http://www.theppk.com/2009/11/homemade-seitan/

I'm not sure what the calorie count is, as that post was from awhile ago, but homemade seitan has about the same nutritional profile as skinless, boneless chicken breast, so it's a great protein source for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

5luFL.jpg
    I'm not a vegetarian, but a high-protein meal like this - without soy - interests me.
  • daffodilsoup
    Options

5luFL.jpg
    I'm not a vegetarian, but a high-protein meal like this - without soy - interests me.

It's delicious - even my meat-and-potatoes father requests it from time to time :) It's great shaved thin on sandwiches, too. Even if you eat meat, it's nice to add a little variety every now and then.
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    I'm going to the Asia World Market today and will look to see if they have seitan - I'd probably top it with Katsu sauce and a side of mung beans with coconut spread and shichimi togarashi seasoning.
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    I'm going to the Asia World Market today and will look to see if they have seitan - I'd probably top it with Katsu sauce and a side of mung beans with coconut spread and shichimi togarashi seasoning.

Sounds delicious! If you're going to the Asian Grocery, look for mock duck - it's the same thing, made from vital wheat gluten, also high in protein and delicious!
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    Thanks. How much does it generally cost and at how many servings? I guess it comes in a block similar to tofu?
  • katelyth
    katelyth Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump :)
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I still love my meat, but I still eat less of it now and it's fun getting creative that way :) Some samples!

scaled.php?server=811&filename=screenshot20120720at113.png&res=landing

from top left-right to bottom: Very simple cucumbersalad, quinoa salad, salad w/salmon, indian veggie curry

scaled.php?server=507&filename=screenshot20120720at113.png&res=landing

Meatless thai curry (yes, I love curry!)

tumblr_m39czvtg7h1rqfzm6o1_500.jpg

Another quinoa salad (so perfect for days when the weather's warm.. yum!)

tumblr_m5z8voNAZE1rqfzm6o1_500.jpg

Grilled egg-white salad sandwiches with peas and red bell pepper on the side.

I've had many more (I lovvveee me some meatless tacos/wraps, veggie burgers and asian stir fries! But I'd end up spamming the forum. :"D
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tonight's meal...tofu, string beans, bell peppers & mushrooms. with curry, basil, rosemary, Mrs. Dash spicy, powdered onion spices and bacon bits, (the fake bacon for salads), stir-fry with a little bit of olive oil.
    uhlt7l.jpg
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Frittata.jpg

This is our latest creation: "Kale, mushroom and hickory-smocked tomato frittata"

This dish served the two of us at 303 cal, 11g carb, 18g fat and 22g protein each serve.

We served it with a side salad and were extremely full. Loved using the silicon baking tray because there is ZERO need for oil or other spray to keep it from sticking
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! So many great ideas. I'm trying the beet burgers for sure!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Oooh thanks for keeping this thread alive.
    Bump to review later.
    I've taken a few pics myself, I may have to dig them up.
  • ayr1969
    ayr1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    deleted