What do your meatless meals look like? (Photo thread!)

Options

Replies

• x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    So glad this thread exists !! Will be posting soon ! I am always making low calorie vegetarian meals and love the inspiration I'm getting from here !!

Yey
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Vegetable-miso soup with edamama, napa cabbage and buckwheat soba. The perfect solution to winter blahs!

This looks absolutely amazing. Makes me wish I didnt just make a big pot of boring tomato soup! Do you mind sharing the recipe?
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Vegetable-miso soup with edamama, napa cabbage and buckwheat soba. The perfect solution to winter blahs!

This looks absolutely amazing. Makes me wish I didnt just make a big pot of boring tomato soup! Do you mind sharing the recipe?

I didn't really follow a "recipe", I mostly just threw together things that sounded delicious! It went something like this:

- Boil 2 cups of water (enough to fill your soup bowl) and dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of vegetarian boullion.
    - Add 2 ounces of buckwheat soba noodles, 1/2 cup frozen edamame, 1/2 a medium onion, a tablespoon of soy sauce, a sprinkling of rice vinegar, garlic and sliced fresh ginger. Cook until noodles are pretty soft.
    - Add shredded napa cabbage (as much or as little as you like...I happen to love cabbage, so I threw a ton in there!). Cook until cabbage is wilted.
    - Reduce soup to a simmer and add 1-2 tablespoons of mellow white miso (careful, boiling it will alter the flavor). Stir to dissolve and serve!
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I didn't really follow a "recipe", I mostly just threw together things that sounded delicious! It went something like this:

- Boil 2 cups of water (enough to fill your soup bowl) and dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of vegetarian boullion.
    - Add 2 ounces of buckwheat soba noodles, 1/2 cup frozen edamame, 1/2 a medium onion, a tablespoon of soy sauce, a sprinkling of rice vinegar, garlic and sliced fresh ginger. Cook until noodles are pretty soft.
    - Add shredded napa cabbage (as much or as little as you like...I happen to love cabbage, so I threw a ton in there!). Cook until cabbage is wilted.
    - Reduce soup to a simmer and add 1-2 tablespoons of mellow white miso (careful, boiling it will alter the flavor). Stir to dissolve and serve!

Thanks! :smile:
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas for later!
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    Delicious lunch today - a completely vegan chaat, a Pakistani street food chock full of chickpeas, boiled potatoes, fruits, crunchy bits and lots of different chutneys and spices. So delicious, I am definitely hooked!

Ebi9YOAl.jpg
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Bumpety bump
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    these all look amazing
  • JSDCrimson
    JSDCrimson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    "But where do you get your protein?" Right here, ladies and gents.

Stir fry with broccoli, red pepper, string beans and seitan atop cooked quinoa.

w9y5jmql.jpg
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Where do you get seitan in uk ?
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Bumpity-Bump:love:
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    Where do you get seitan in uk ?

I'm not sure where you'd purchase seitan in the UK, but I live in the US and don't purchase it, I prefer to make it at home because it's easy, cheap and I control what goes into it.

I buy Vital Wheat Gluten flour from amazon.com and mix 2 cups of the gluten with two cups of water, some garlic and onion powder and dried thyme. I simmer (AND I MEAN SIMMER) it for about an hour in 6 cups of vegetable stock and soy sauce, then slice and freeze.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tarawinner
    tarawinner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump