Fashion show at the gym??????

Options

Replies

• josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I work out in moisture wicking work out clothes. I pretty much always wear black Nike bottoms of some sort and a colorful tank or t. My clothes are not tight but they are fitted and comfortable. I wouldn't call it a fashion show though. I also sweat an insane amount so i always have a headband on and some are colorful and match my top. A lot of them are cute. As for makeup and my hair, if I go straight from work, they are done. If I go in the morning, I have no makeup on and my hair is in a ponytail or braided.

I find that if I am looking good at the gym, it boosts my confidence and that always helps my workout. If I feel sloppy and not put together, it brings my work out down a notch. It's not about trying to impress someone - it just makes me feel good.
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I only go to the gym like this. If I can't make that happen, then I just don't go.

eLiWC.jpg
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I am basically wearing what i slept in the night before. Sweats and a tank. I'm only going to wear the clothes for an hour while I sweat, why put on something clean and pretty?

By this logic, why even get bother to change out of your pjs at all? lol. But seriously, when did not caring about your appearance become synonymous with being hard core at the gym???

My friend and I are the only two women in the weight room and, yes, we sweat and lift our a$$es off, which is even more reason to look presentable while doing it.

I know not everyone is, but don't judge or hate on other people for wearing matching outfits just 'cause you don't. Try it one day. I workout harder because I look good doing it. If I rolled into the gym looking like something the cat dragged in then I'd probably feel like crap and workout like crap. Fake it 'til you make it, right?
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym @ our college. There are a LOT of young ladies there that match, hair done, make up, etc.. I only own one workout outfit and it's a pair of pants and an old, oversized t-shirt. My hair is always a mess and I don't own make up. However, those little girls seem to be getting in a better workout so maybe I should try the model look @ the gym.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I use the gym at the hospital where I work. No one goes in there looking like they should be on the cover of shape. Most of us are healthcare professionals. We wear track pants/ shorts/ yoga pants and t-shirts. If we have make up on it's because we have been working previously to coming to the gym.
    I think some gyms have the kind of clientele that try to hard and are there for more than working out. We all know those kinds of people are out there. Who cares.
    I'm there for me and I don't care what anyone else has on as long as I'm comfortable.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I only go to the gym like this. If I can't make that happen, then I just don't go.

eLiWC.jpg

LOL! Wow!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I just get up and go. Why shower before the gym when Im going to come home and shower afterwards? I don't realy go to a gym that has people in it in the morning, but still....
  • phatgirl30
    Options
    HELL, to the YES lol
    amen sista. i go in like a trainwreck, and come out like a sweaty trainwreck. :)
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how good I start out looking because within 5 minutes my hair has curled and my face is read and sweaty. I am there for me. Sometimes I put a lot of effort in and sometimes i don't. It's based on how I feel not how I think others might perceive me. Yes sometimes I get a giggle out of the girls that come in their Juicy Couture matchy matchy outfits and text on their sparkly phones while on the treadmill but hey, whatever floats your boat. If they meet a guy there, cool. They've got a start on a "healthy" relationship. Frankly it gives me something to watch while on the boring machines other than hockey or MMA on the TVs. I've been married a LONG time so I love watching people do the flirty dance - I'm happy for them. I don't judge them and they sure as heck better not judge me. But if they do, I'm not sure I really care. Like I said, I'm there for me and I stopped caring what other people think a LONG time ago.

I'm sure once I am closer to my goals I will be making more of an effort to buy matchy matchy stuff because there may actually be decent things in my size then.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I love the fashion show. Stretchy fabric FTW!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i also grunt when i get my swell on at the gym because i want everyone (mostly the ladies) to see how jacked and tan i am
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    i put on my best attire for everything i do, even when i go to the gym,,it keeps me feeling confident and motivated. and yes i'm a hott mess after but i feel even more sexier then.. :happy:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hey, whatever motivates you to get in and get it done is great, in my opinion.

I pin my hair up and pull it into a ponytail, but that's really mostly to keep it from falling out when I'm working out and to keep the strays out of my eyes. I do tend to have coordinating workout clothes, but that's just my feminine, OCD side coming out.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i look like a hot mess when I go to the gym and sure as heck dont try and match and look cute....what will look cuter is when i'm drippin in sweat and knowing i had a good burn
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point of putting on makeup, but cute exercise clothes just make it more fun to work out. I don't know why. I think they just lift my mood.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im the scary one with hair in a bun no make up sometimes I match sometimes not.. Im there to sweat and work it.. Come to think about no one is ever on the treadmill by me... boy I must be a trainwreck..lol:grumble: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    There to workout. Period. Could care less what you wear to the gym. I don't even like talking to folks at the gym. Not rude or anything just there to handle my business. That said, great eye candy has been proven to help me crank out an extra 100-200 calories per hour.
  • 0namission
    Options
    As Much as Going to the gym isnt suppose to be a fashion show...I have more confidence if my clothes fit right and my hair is set in a way that it looks good drenched in sweat or not...It helps me stay there longer ....Its Motivation....doesnt have to be motivation for anytone else ..just me. Same as losing weight for yourself and not others..you can look great for yourself and not others.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This is funny! Normally, I put little effort into my gym clothes because I'm going after work. I don't wear makeup which I don't think I could wear it to the gym because I sweat. I put a little effort into my weekend attire but that's only because I have time to put it together. Either occasion, I come out of the gym looking a mess and praying that no one sees me. I like cool outfits and shoes so I do get ideas from the ladies who do put more effort into their attire.
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    some people like to look good no matter where they are. i dont see that as a problem and i cant imagine why that annoys anyone.

CHEERS TO THIS ^^ !! thank you for stating that :flowerforyou: :heart: