Fashion show at the gym??????

Options

Replies

• Gionni
    Gionni Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym early so I only really see people that are totally serious. When I go in the evening I do notice that everyone does get prettier but I go to a VERY trendy gym in a trendy area so I am not surprised.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    okay, at my gym the problem with these wannbe fashion folks both male and female is that they do more standing around and talking and take up space or machines or even benches to stand around and talk rather than work out.. THATS whats most annoying about it.

these folks are in the gym for a "status" to say "i go to the gym"
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    I use to work the front desk of a gym and I would see that all the time and I would roll my eyes! lol But than I thought to myself maybe some people feel a little self conscience going to the gym in the first place so it makes them feel better to look there best when they're there! I don't happen to be one of those people, but I also wear no make-up to work every day! HAHA
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Can I work in?

thai-girl-gym.jpg
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

going to the gym is for show for 99% of people. After all how often do you see really fat people at the gym?

:embarassed: When I go.

84720237.jpg

That's why I am there cause I am too fat to motivate myself to run around the neighborhood. :drinker:
  • Wperezlopez
    Options
    i am one of thos person who really get ready to go to the gym i resist to go looking trashy and even i came out all sweatty and disgusting i know i didn tget there like that and look better than everyone else that did not go ready to the gym just saying!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    There was one time that I wore an old shirt to the gym that had a hole in the armpit and I saw the girl on the machine staring at it. My thoughts: Yeah, *****es be jealous of my acid sweat!

I have a tendency to wear old, worn out clothes because I don't really care what I look like.
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    I think functionality over fashion at the gym. Pull my hair back in a pony, I wear makeup because I put it on before work, and I work out after work. I always wear pants because I am leg-conscious! lol.
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym until after work and I must say that it is definitely a fashion show then!!! People are coming in all dressed up and then changing into outfits that are cute and color coordinate. When I'm at the gym I'm there for a hard workout (at least an hour) and it makes me laugh to watch some people that are there searching for guy/girl they think is cute. If I could make it to the gym in the morning and my schedule allowed, I would be working out at that time. I think for most people, if you are up that early and committed, it's less of a fashion show than the afternoon crowd.

I agree. I find the 5 am hour to be a lot less of a fashion show.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly put a ton of effort into how I look at the gym, but I won't lie, all my gym clothes are pretty cute and matchy-matchy. It helps that almost everything I own is at least partially hot pink.

And, as strange as it sounds, since I go to the gym after work I usually still have makeup on, and when I'm done and all sweaty and red faced, I feel like I look really hot. I'd do me.

Edited to add: Just because my gym outfit is usually pretty cute, doesn't mean I'm not there to work hard. I bust my *kitten* in the gym, I just happen to be color coordinated while I'm doing it :)
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use to work at a tanning salon right next to the gym and I would see girls putting their make up on in the car and walk into the gym. Seriously girls? It's just going to come off when you're working out anyway.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I use to work at a tanning salon right next to the gym and I would see girls putting their make up on in the car and walk into the gym. Seriously girls? It's just going to come off when you're working out anyway.

Most of those girls dont' work out hard enough to mess up their make up. But is sure nice to have the eye candy while I'm working out. Especially during jumprope. Need something to look at.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    My workouts are pretty intense so by the end I am a hott mess with swamp *kitten* so I take no time to doll up before hand.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sometimes an outfit I really like gives me that extra motivation when I'm in the gym. If I don't like what I'm wearing, I don't feel 100%. I don't put much effort into it though. I definitely don't wear make up, and my hair is always in a ponytail in the gym. Now what bugs me is when people are doused in cologne or perfume. But that's a whole different topic.

This is me. If I don't feel comfortable in what I have on, then my workout will suffer. The same applies outside of the gym, I have to feel good in what I'm wearing in order to be at my best. Some people may think that's crazy....but that's what makes us all different.

I wouldn't dare go to the grocery store looking raggedy...so I definitely wouldn't at the gym either. And that doesn't mean I don't put out 110% in my workouts....I just need to look decent anywhere I go, that's how I was raised.
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use to go to the gym after work too and had makeup on but people that feel they need to apply or put on more make up to go work out. It's stupid!! The gym I use to go to is a meat market!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I take my time to make sure my hair isn't a mess and that my clothes at least matched, lol - but I go to workout, music blasting, and minding nothing but the burn felt whether while doing cardio or weight lifting... it is all about feeling good about myself 100%
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    okay, at my gym the problem with these wannbe fashion folks both male and female is that they do more standing around and talking and take up space or machines or even benches to stand around and talk rather than work out.. THATS whats most annoying about it.

these folks are in the gym for a "status" to say "i go to the gym"

I completely agree. I like to have comfortable clothes on, and I suppose they are "fashionable", but I don't dare putting on a pound of makeup JUST to workout. And besides, if someone isn't attracted to you at your "worst", then wouldln't it just be fake and superficial the whole time?
    In fact, I don't even go to the gym anymore. I workout with my boyfriend in his basement. He has all of the necessary equipment'r
    Haha, so I don't give a damn about being sweaty. lol He's seen me worse than that anyways. Besides, it's fun working out with him. Definitely helps the relationship. If you can sweat together, you"re a good team. lol
  • tati85cr
    tati85cr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym until after work and I must say that it is definitely a fashion show then!!! People are coming in all dressed up and then changing into outfits that are cute and color coordinate. When I'm at the gym I'm there for a hard workout (at least an hour) and it makes me laugh to watch some people that are there searching for guy/girl they think is cute. If I could make it to the gym in the morning and my schedule allowed, I would be working out at that time. I think for most people, if you are up that early and committed, it's less of a fashion show than the afternoon crowd.

I also go to the gym after work. The reason I am one of the ones that is "all dressed up" is because I work in an office with a business professional dress code. I then put on an outfit that is "cute and color coordinate" because I like that stuff. What does it matter to you if my shirt matches my shorts? My hair is done and my makeup is on my face when I get to the gym because I come straight from work and if I don't go right after work then I don't have time because I have a 5 year old and other home responsibilites. I work my butt off at the gym, my clothes and what I am wearing have NOTHING to do with how hard I work. and I am certainly not there to pick up anyone "cute" just because my clothes match!!!!!!

I totally agree with you. I don't exactly see it as a fashion show. I do accept the fact that some people do over react and they hardly sweat because they just want to look pretty. In my case, I wear an outfit with matching colors, because I buy dri-fit stuff because they keep me comfortable while working-out. Also, I buy those because with normal clothes, the sweat reflects in some private areas and men start looking at your crotch or boobs with a really disgusting face.

I work my *kitten* off at the gym, but I like that that type of sports wear.

12958100.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly put a ton of effort into how I look at the gym, but I won't lie, all my gym clothes are pretty cute and matchy-matchy. It helps that almost everything I own is at least partially hot pink.

And, as strange as it sounds, since I go to the gym after work I usually still have makeup on, and when I'm done and all sweaty and red faced, I feel like I look really hot. I'd do me.

Edited to add: Just because my gym outfit is usually pretty cute, doesn't mean I'm not there to work hard. I bust my *kitten* in the gym, I just happen to be color coordinated while I'm doing it :)

I'd do you too. (and I don't even swing that way. :laugh:)
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am sooo excited to buy cute outfits when I get a bit smaller. Right now there's no point, cause I don't want to waste money. I care about the way I look, but I dont go all out!