Vegetarian group. Kick-off WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm just restarting vegetarianism, glad to find this thread! Hello everyone. :)

Goal weight loss in lbs - 100ish

# of Kids (or do you want kids)- 1

How long have you been a vegetarian or vegan? - 1 day? lol. I've been vegetarian for years in the past, for some strange reason during my pregnancy I had a hamburger craving and caved. I was recently pescatarian (still eat seafood) but am now giving that up as well. I'll be going vegan this time, using McDougall as my guide.

Age- 32
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hello Sapporo! Glad to see you've joined :happy: and glad to see you're back to being a vegetarian! That's awesome :happy: Good luck on your weight loss journey! If you need any extra help and/or motivation you come right here and we'll help ya out :smile:

Hope you're having a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • Loving2014
    Loving2014 Posts: 99
    Options
    you have a cute ticker
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    who does?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sapporo! I had the same issue...but with chicken. I've never eaten beef or pork so no cravings. I do eat seafood and the occasional piece of chicken.
    So everybody...what's up? This past weekend I watched 2 versions of Pride and Predjudice and also watched Lost In Austen (it's wonderful)....my hubby was not pleased, hehe. I love me some Mr. Darcy. :blushing:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I love Pride and Prejudice. Good book/movie (I watched the one with Keira Knightley) . I want to see Lost in Austen. LOL Mr. Darcy is sexy.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    You really should watch Lost In Austen...Darcy in this version is Elliot Cowan (absolutely BEAUTIFUL!)
    I have 3 copies of the book...one is hardback, one is part of the complete works by Jane, and the other is my much loved paperback...it's very well worn (I cannot count the amount of times I've read it).
    I have 4 different versions of the movie...lol.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    holy moly! that's way cool :smile: I have nothing to do tonight, soooo I'm going to go rent Lost in Austen! I'll let you know what I think of it :happy:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    of course you can join! :smile: welcome to our group.
    we don't really have any challenges...we just chit chat, share recipes, and help each other out when we need motivation.
    How long have you been a vegetarian?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    speaking of recipes....here's what I had last night...yum!

My 'green' pasta salad:
    Shirataki noodles (the angel hair style) mixed with
    3 tbs pesto
    1/4 cup green peas
    4 grilled asparagus spears cut into bite sized pieces
    1/4 of a green bell pepper diced
    1/4 cup grilled zuccini chopped

this was only for me...my hubby was out of town and my daughter won't touch 'green' food. Thanks public daycare for ruining food for my child. :grumble: She's now addicted to cheese pizza, hot dogs, and other junk. She used to eat anything. At least she'll eat spinich (with ranch of course) and other veggies so long as they're not green.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Bumping for Squib to see...
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh my goodness that sounds absolutely delightful :happy: I just ate asparagus for dinner...loooove it! I'll have to make that sometime this week! Thanks for sharing
  • Alafia22
    Options
    Oooh great. Thanks for having me! I've been a vegetarian since 11th grade in High School (Let's just say watching "Diet for a New America" in my science class changed my life, lol) So it's been about 7 years now. I'm off and on Vegan (right now i'm about 90% vegan...i eat cheese from time to time). Also at one point I was really into the raw food (dehydrating, soaking, Vitamix...etc). I only stopped that because I moved and i no longer have access to the supplies. So my vegetarian journey has been a long one however, I am an emotional eater and I love carbs pasta, bread and the like..... That's what brought me here. But i've been going strong for the past week and i'm excited to embark on a new journey...

Thanks again for having me and I look forward to meeting new people with similar issues....
    (The meat eaters always ask me, How can you be overweight and Vegetarian? ....I always reply, Easy.. lol)
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh yes, I am a huge carb-aholic! I looove carbs. I've been able to cut them down tho with counting my cals/carbs/fats/proteins. I'm doing a lot better now. I'm trying to eat more veggies and fruits instead...but I still sneak in some yummy carbs :tongue:

Hope everyone is doing great today!
  • Alafia22
    Options
    I just had the most yummy dinner

A Smoked Tempeh (Tempeh Bacon), Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich on 7 Grain Bread with homemade baked cajun fries....

wow, it was amazing...
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    yum! It sounds delicious :happy: I'm not sure what I want to make for dinner tonight. I need some new ideas. Does anyone have any easy recipes they could share?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I'm also a carboholic as well....my fave thing though has to be garlic bread...I could it eat for everymeal.
    I'm just happy I'm not a sweets type person...that could be really bad. I'd rather chow down on crackers and pickles. Kid...I'll check through my recipe box tonight and see if I can come up with something. :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'm the same way. My fav crackers are wheat thins sundried tomato and basil. ooooh yum! I could eat several boxes of those in one sitting lol They are so gooood!
  • Alafia22
    Options
    Omg, I'm glad I'm not a huge sweets person either. That could be disastrous for me since cake is like 350 calories a slice, lol.