Vegetarian group. Kick-off WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    yea i completely understand. I just gets really frustrating sometimes, esp with ppl that will insist on asking questions even after you've answered them already.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    BTW...the pancakes were really good! :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh my gosh that's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that. I can't wait to make them!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    oh my gosh that's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that. I can't wait to make them!

I added ground flax as well...for just a little bit extra nutrients. They turned out wonderful....yum!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I still haven't had a chance to make the pancakes :grumble: My husband and son leave by 6am and 7 for me so it has to be a weekend deal.

I too hate the vegetarian comments. I tend to keep it on the down low at any gatherings and just make sure to avoid the meat. There are a couple people at work who think anytime I catch a cold or get a headache it's because I don't eat meat. :laugh: Give me a break! I always get the comment "you need a steak!" What?! I just laugh it off and say eeeww.

My husband wants to order pizza tonight and watch a movie, I'm dreading the pizza part because I can't seem to EVER eat a normal portion.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    There are a couple people at work who think anytime I catch a cold or get a headache it's because I don't eat meat. :laugh: Give me a break! I always get the comment "you need a steak!" What?! I just laugh it off and say eeeww.

I totally get that! I have a bad upper respitory infection and that is the first thing the hubby mentioned. How does a nasty bug translate to "eat meat"?
    HAHAHA
    It's been a fun adventure.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    It's funny you mention that bc I get that ALL the time from the ppl I work with. Every time I'm sick they'll say "well you should eat some meat, it'll make you feel better". :noway: I used to eat meat when I was younger and meat sure as h*ll didn't magically fix my colds lol

Sometimes I wonder about ppl *shakes head*
  • jlauren6
    Options
    How are the veggies doing today??

I made some carrot soup for lunch today, probably hummus in a pita with tomatoes for dinner.

What is everyones fav thing to do for exercise? I have gotten into running in the past year, I'm still not very good but it definitely gets me sweating!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Doing pretty well. I had a really good lunch...quinoa with corn, peas, asparagus, and roasted red peppers. And a side of apples, grapes, and stawberries. :love:
    I also run...about 8-10 miles a week. I do trails though (local mountains), not track or cement style runs.
    :heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    How are the veggies doing today??

I made some carrot soup for lunch today, probably hummus in a pita with tomatoes for dinner.

What is everyones fav thing to do for exercise? I have gotten into running in the past year, I'm still not very good but it definitely gets me sweating!!

My favorite thing to do is bicycle. It makes you feel like a little kid again and burns mad calories.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'm doing good. I had a 6 inch veggie delight sub from subway. It was sooooo yummy!
    Last week I lost my motivation to exrecise, but I'm slowly getting back into it by walking every day (at least until I get my motivation back). Usually I run/jog and do some exercise videos. I think I got tired/bored of doing them. I need to find something else to do for exercise. Something fun.

Any ideas?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I'm doing good. I had a 6 inch veggie delight sub from subway. It was sooooo yummy!
    Last week I lost my motivation to exrecise, but I'm slowly getting back into it by walking every day (at least until I get my motivation back). Usually I run/jog and do some exercise videos. I think I got tired/bored of doing them. I need to find something else to do for exercise. Something fun.

Any ideas?

Kickboxing, either at a gym or a video. I believe that going to a gym is best because they have all the bags. It great to release any frusteration. I have a gym nearby that I go to that is only from kickboxing, MMA, Krav Maga, and bootcamp style workouts. I love the instructors. Heike is the the instructor for Krav Maga and personal traingin and she can be pretty scary. She is ripped...she does body building competitions, it's like working out with a man more so than a woman but she is so dedicated for everyone that comes into the gym to be healthy and be in great shape.
    Oooh...we also are finally getting a greenway put in through our county...now I have a safe place to ride my bike! :bigsmile: :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    doing a morning bump :happy:

off to the gym :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    thanks maid for the exercise info. I'm going to look into all the classes at my gym
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    thanks maid for the exercise info. I'm going to look into all the classes at my gym

Let me know how it goes. I take the Krav Maga class and it's $99 a month but I have free access to all the other classes at the gym. :bigsmile:
  • calharv
    calharv Posts: 1
    Options
    I am very interested in McDougalling (as my daughter calls it), and have had terrific success in past. I have 2 meat eaters in family and find it difficult to cook for everyone as planning/preparing meals is already enough of a challenge for me. Any thoughts?

Best to you...Cal
  • jlauren6
    Options
    I'm there with you, it has definitely been an adjustment to prepare 2 meals after a long day at work. The easiest solution for me is to make a regular meal, say tacos, chicken quesadillas, & wraps but just make mine veggie. Otherwise I prepare meatless entrees such as gnocci, pasta, salads...etc. We order pizza once a week too:blushing: I love that night! hahahh
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Goal weight loss in lbs - 51lbs to start, goal is by 11/19/2009

# of Kids (or do you want kids)- I have 3 girls and just had a boy a week ago!!!

How long have you been a vegetarian or vegan? - Vegetarian on and off for years but finally sticking to it now , started back in april.

Age- 26

I think its nice to have a veg group! I'll post my success this week I'm-6lbs!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hello ChristyMourning :smile: Welcome to our group
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    So...how was everyones weekend? Mine was jampacked with stuff. Birthday party on Saturday at Chuck-E-Cheeses, lots and lots of yard work (I probably sweated off 3 pounds by just being in the 95 degree heat for 8 hours), and my daughter is spending the week at my moms for the first time ever...I can only hope that my mom doesn't call tonight and says to come pick her up. haha. :bigsmile: