hmmmmmmmm. a bit confused

Options
12346»

Replies

• EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Unless it's ultra refined, olive oil burns at a lower temperature than vegetable and canola oil. If you're doing a stir fry or other type of cooking at a higher heat, you can't really use it.

^^ this, from a cooking perspective.

There may also be a host of other factors as well. For me, the choice would also be dependent on economics.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Please everyone except my apologies...I just expressed an opinion and it came across the wrong way...

I didn't see this before I posted. :) It's okay. It's easy to sound judgmental online.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter to you? Personally, I have a hard enough time dealing with my own eating etc. I don't need to keep track of anyone else's, especially if it's someone I don't know, or don't know well. I figure other people can eat what they want, it's not my place to judge--and I expect the same respect from them. Also, everyone has different goals, some people may want to eat an "optimal diet" (whatever they happen to think that means), while others may simply want to lose weight while living their lives and eating the foods the enjoy. And while olive oil may be healthier than vegetable oil, as others have pointed out, extra virgin olive oil has a very low smoke/burn point, which can make it difficult to work with, so while I mostly use olive oil, I do use vegetable oil, and I've yet to drop dead or experience any major health issues because of it. Bottom line, worry about yourself, once you're perfect, you can start with everyone else.

From reading the original post, I don't believe there was any judgement on anyone's choices. I believe the OP was simply asking for some general input ... he was most certainly not implying that he was perfect or that his methods were perfect in any manner. I know I've experimented with many different oils and am still adjusting to new flavors and tastes. Just my two cents.
  • captndalton
    captndalton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It may be kinda boring to have a message board where everyone agrees.
    I say get your olive oil from eating olives. Get your gas from taco bell.
    Truth is, everything turns to trash in our bodies and eating whatever's considered healthy today won't necessarily make you stronger. For example, the people of developed countries can be used to drinking purified water, but they may very well die if they drink from a murky pond... where a person from a 3rd world country can drink from a pond every day and feel good about it. If Taco Bell is the murky pond, and you eat it all the time, you should actually have a pretty impressive stomach. There was a time when it was popular to have a tape worm... we live in a weird world where everybody's different. As haze74 said.. 'each to their own'
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    funny-pictures-cat-thinks-he-is-better-than-you.jpg

Totally uncalled for and disrespectful.
    Much like the pictures you recently posted in another forum ...
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    My way is is the only way and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong! :indifferent:

You need a shrink..lol

I never said my way is the only way.. I just expressed my opinion.

Kudos to you for expressing your opinion ... as did I recently and took a public stoning for my own "personal" beliefs !!
    Haters gonna hate ...lol
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    Oh my god, you people need to CALM DOWN! Why does everyone always have to jump down someones throat when they mention ANYTHING! I think he was just trying to make a point that olive oil is healthier for you, and Taco Bell is not good for you.

LIKE, LIKE !!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Would it be healthy if Taco Bell cooked their tacos in olive oil? :tongue:
    I can see both sides of the argument, just saying...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    funny-pictures-cat-thinks-he-is-better-than-you.jpg

Totally uncalled for and disrespectful.
    Much like the pictures you recently posted in another forum ...

I think you meant:

totally awesome and accurate.
    much like the pictures you recently posted in another forum ...