Sixers Slimmer Summer - Week 1

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Jess, sounds great! Keep up with us and you'll go far. (That sounds like a cheesy line from a movie, doesn't it???)

Rhiannon, I think not focusing on the scale but focusing on a pair of jeans is somehow easier for me. And it's SO REWARDING to get in those jeans. I have done this a couple times now and I LOVE IT. I was dancing around my room night before last in a bunch of clothes from high school that fit. :blushing: However, I need to either lose more or tone better 'cause that mama-gut is NOT cute in my high school clothing!! nono.gif

snickeringg.gif

It's a happy day for me, folks. YAY!!!! I need all the happy days I can get!
    not-tagged-smiley-10782.gif
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    May I join too?

Kelly
    sw as of today 160/gw 135/cw 160progress:+/-00.00lbs

Did I fill this out correctly?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yep! We just add it too the list.

Cathy
    SW 208.6 lbs / GW 203 lbs / CW 208.6 lbs PROGRESS: + / - 00.00 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 151 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 151 lbs PROGRESS: + / - 00.00 lbs
    Kristin
    PREGNANT!
    Lauryn
    SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS: + / - 00.00 lbs
    Em
    SW 148.0 lbs / GW 142 lbs / CW 148.0 lbs PROGRESS +/- 00.00 lbs
    Jess
    SW 178.8 lbs/ GW 171 lbs / CW 178.8 lbs PROGRESS +/-00.00 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS +/- 00.00lbs
    Kelly
    SW 160/ GW 135/ CW 160 PROGRESS: +/-00.00lbs

AND welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Welcome Kelly!!

A little background for the newest members:
    Kristin (Kistinbee) is our fearless leader. However, being halfway through her first pregnancy (a baby sixer!! haha), her goals are to GAIN and not LOSE, lol.

And me? I'm just a crazy nut who avoids work by posting here non-stop. You actually might see less of me after I'm laid off (displacement job end date of Friday, May 22) because I won't be avoiding work, :laugh: . I'm newly separated, 27 y/o with a 3.5 y/o (going on 14) diva extraordinaire, currently living at home in Mom & Dad's House for the NonCriminally Insane. Life's crazy for me. I recently starting running and just did my personal best of running a whole 1.25mi without stopping yesterday! Woot woot!!

So Jess and Kelly, give us a little background on you!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Lauryn

Thank you for the welcome and will give you my background but its going to have to wait until I get home from work today. Have no fear I will return. Looking forward to being apart of the clan:flowerforyou:

Kel:heart:
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Besides I have some questions too:blushing:

• Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Lauryn

Thank you for the welcome and will give you my background but its going to have to wait until I get home from work today. Have no fear I will return. Looking forward to being apart of the clan:flowerforyou:

Seriously -- this group has been the motivating factor in keeping me losing weight. No lie. Without this group, I'd have given up a while back, I just know it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Besides I have some questions too:blushing:

Ask away!!! We will share what we know.
    And some of us (i.e. ME) will share what we don't really even know :wink:
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    WOW BABY!!! SO I just got my butt kicked on my first workout. Its been about 5 years since Ive last worked out though. I decided to watch the video first and the whole time I was watching it I was thinking dang Im gonna be able to skip right to the second vidoe, ya not so much!!! LOL Ill stick with this video for the first week LOL!!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Count me in on this one :) Perfect time for me to reach my goal weight :)

Cathy
    AmyLou
    Kristin
    PREGNANT!
    Lauryn
    Em
    Jess
    Rhiannon
    Kelly
    Deb (mbmempire) SW 181 / GW 135lbs / CW 165 lbs Progress : +/- 00.00 lbs
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Welcome Deb!! Tell us a little bit about yourself!

Good job Jess! Keep doing that vid. It won't be long and you will be able to breeze right through it! :wink:
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lauryn Im gonna keep it up now Im getting ready for a nice hike woohoo to getting healthy!!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Welcome Deb, Kellie and Jess! :flowerforyou:

These are a great group of women! I am returning to the group after an absence due to health issues. I am still having health issues but need to get back on the wagon now!!! I cant think of a better way to do that then right here! Right now!

Got on the scale this morning and just about :sad: Oh well, I will get there. I want to lose 12 pounds on this challenge. 2 pounds per week. Starting weight is 202. Goal weight will be 190.

Cathy
    AmyLou
    Kristin
    PREGNANT!
    Lauryn
    Em
    Jess
    Rhiannon
    Kelly
    Deb (mbmempire) SW 181 / GW 135lbs / CW 165 lbs Progress : +/- 00.00 lbs
    Amy
    SW 202lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW 202lbs progress: +/- 00.00 lbs

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Deb, welcome :flowerforyou: Your goal weight is for the end of the 6 weeks and I assume you've listed your over-all. Or it better be... as resident personal trainer I'll give you heck if you try to lose 30 lbs in 6 weeks!! :laugh: :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Rhiannon, I'm thinking Kelly listed her overall goal weight too. GIT 'ER! :wink:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    AHA! I hadn't looked... you're right Lauryn, Kelly - don't even THINK about it :wink: lol

Okay well, I need to stop "popping on" to the computer now. Our provincial elections are taking place today and there's a voting system referendum as well. Got to get out there and make my opinions COUNT! ...then buy some salmon :laugh:

TTYL damsels! :wink:
  • REDSOXGIRL13
    Options
    Morning / Afternoon Ladies. :flowerforyou:

Welcome Newbies!!! :flowerforyou: This group is great... a real motivational bunch :bigsmile:

I have decided that this challenge is going to be less about weight for me, although I hope the changes I make will help me get rid of a few pesky lbs... :laugh: ...I think I may measure too... because I bet I will see more results in that area w/ the new workout routine.... tonight is cardio kick boxing...:bigsmile: So basically this challenge is all about sticking with my workouts... and staying AWAY from fast food ... no more take out... big macs... subs etc... I eat great all week and then the weekend comes and I eat out every meal!!!! and all my hard earned lbs... come right back... SO other than 1 dinner or lunch per week (dinner out with the BF... or at a sox game) I WILL NOT eat out... hopefully this will save me money and calories... beyond that it is not even about the calories... but all the sodium... and other crazy preservatives etc... they put in it... it just can't be good for you... beyond weight ... sorry for the rant girls... but i really think these last 20 / 30 lbs are going to cling to me forever if i don't make some real changes... :flowerforyou: ....

:heart: pdx. so glad you are back!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Redsox...measuring is great! I used to do this! Sometimes I wouldn't be losing pounds, but I'd be losing inches. Especially good when you're building muscle!

Lauryn...thanks for the introduction. Yep...I'm the preggo on the site and will try my best to motivate you all even though I'm watching the scale go up!:laugh:

Amy...I'm so glad you're back!!!:drinker:

Rhiannon...mmmmm...salmon!:tongue:

All other newbies....welcome!:flowerforyou:

And all my other gals...hope you've had a good morning so far!
  • REDSOXGIRL13
    Options
    can't get away from MFP today... (clearly avoiding working on the thesis proposal :laugh: ) I have just been at it for so long I can't stand it anymore. :tongue: pedal... SALMON ... drool.... I am going down to the fish pier after work to pick up some scallops ... :bigsmile:

kristin. the pics are SOOO cool... it really is so amazing!!! :flowerforyou:

lauryn. glad you and i are getting a TON of work done today :laugh: :heart:
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi Everyone-

May I join too? I just joined myfitnesspal and this seems like a great group to help me get/stay motivated.

Whitney
    SW 175/ GW 168 /CW 175 / progress:+/-00.00lbs