Messing with complete strangers is such fun

Options
_binary_jester_
_binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
Two just came to mind.

In a grocery line, I told a cashier I wasn't going to pay for the 2 12-packs of sodas under my cart because I was practicing shoplifting, but I am not very good at it. She stared at me for about 10 seconds not knowing how to respond.

At work my coworkers bought me Brokeback Mountain as a secret Santa gift (inside joke). They also gave me the receipt. When i returned it to BestBuy, she asked me if there was anything wrong. I said [lisp]I am waiting for the unrated version to come out GIRL[/lisp] and gave her a little wink. I could actually HEAR how uncomfortable she was.

I know I am not the only one who derives pleasure out of this, right?

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Bareback Mountain was better.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I have gotten on to a crowed elevator, let the doors shut and not turn to face the door. make people uncomfortable. Twice I looked at everyone on the elevator and said "I am sure you are wondering why I have called you all here today" .... that has never gone over as well as I would have liked.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    You mean Brokeback Mountain 2...Riding bareback?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I have gotten on to a crowed elevator, let the doors shut and not turn to face the door. make people uncomfortable. Twice I looked at everyone on the elevator and said "I am sure you are wondering why I have called you all here today" .... that has never gone over as well as I would have liked.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling shenanigans, this was going around Twitter a while back.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You mean Brokeback Mountain 2...Riding bareback?

Yeah, that one. Not that I've seen it.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but I'm calling shenanigans, this was going around Twitter a while back.

and now currently on Pinterest so I agree with the shenanigans...if you did it because you saw it there that's a different story....
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    My mom went to see her doctor (she is diabetic so regular doc appt)

Something in the office out of the blue just fell off the coutner without anyone touching it.

So at this point my mom starts telling the doctor about this place in mexico she visited last year its believed elfs live in. There is toys and small tiny furniture all around for them and they claim if you take an object with you and off the premisses they will follow you home and taunt you untill you return the item.

At this point she then says "maybe one followed me back home" she turns her head to her left side where there is no one and sais "stop that and behave we will leave shortly."
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I love doing this!

I would have loved to seen both cashiers faces! Hahahaha!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've only been brave enough to attempt such shenanigans with my family. But I have quite the reputation for saying the most absurd things but in such a believable way, they believe it about 90% of the time. It helps that I can keep a straight face.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

and now currently on Pinterest so I agree with the shenanigans...if you did it because you saw it there that's a different story....

husband has been doing this for years. He has never been exposed to either Twitter, or Pinterest. Or Facebook.

He just gets on the elevator, keeps his sunglasses on, and faces in. Doesn't speak. He thinks it's hilarious.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options

Nope, I saw my dad do this when I was a kid and copied it from him back when I was in High School. I am sure he got the idea from one of his odd friends. I am not claiming to be the first to do this or the last. both times I did it, I ended up more embarrassed then the folks on the elevator.

and now I have to go Google Pinterest.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    I can say anything with a complete and earnest face.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I can say anything with a complete and earnest face.

i'm getting the sense that's not clown makeup...just saying...
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    When I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with my daughter I was at the front desk handing some paperwork to the receptions. A lady standing infront of the desk asked me how many months I was to wich I looked at her dead in the face and replied I was not pregnant. About 2 min of akward silence after that I busted out laughing.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like to go to a crowded place full of tourists like Disneyland and then find a random place and strike a pose. I don't move for a few minutes and usually they end up thinking its like a trick or something and take pictures with me.

My last name is Hispanic and I obviously don't look it. But often its assumed I won't speak good English. So when I get asked if I want a translator I respond in Spanish "yes, I don't speak Spanish" it usually takes a few minutes before they realize what I said.

I love throwing people off their game.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    LOL, both very funny, but that first one could have gotten you in some trouble.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Actually I do this regularly and I hate twitter...sorry Edited to add I didn't see it anywhere. What you say to them may not be the same every time but I've used something similar.

you dont even have to say anything my favorite is just to stare really creepy at one person the entire ride FREAKS PEOPLE OUT!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I like to go to a crowded place full of tourists like Disneyland and then find a random place and strike a pose. I don't move for a few minutes and usually they end up thinking its like a trick or something and take pictures with me.

I have to try this. If only it wasn't going to rain this weekend! I have a D'land pass.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I can say just about anything with a straight face, so most of the time people don't realize I'm being an @$$.

I used to hit the bars and speak with an accent or pretend that I didn't speak English at all. When people dont think you can understand them, it gets really interesting.

I also loved it when I was extremly pregnant when people would ask "Are you having a baby?"..Nope just smuggling a midget under my shirt.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a college junior at age 16. Not dumb at all. She just quit her job cashiering, due to all the dumb-@ss customers. You do know that cashiers are told to be polite, don't you? They take a boat-load of crap from people who, I swear, like a passive, easy target who is being paid to be nice to you.

Civility is going to pot with clowns leading the way.