Messing with complete strangers is such fun

Options

Replies

• jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

My daughter's first day of cashiering, some guy came up to her and said, "You're lucky I don't have my gun. I'd shoot you if I did."

Some jokes aren't funny at all.
    That is not a joke at all... it is a threat.. and threats are not funny.

I used to think that too, but everyone seems to laugh at my threats. We'll see how hard they're laughing when I am wearing their heads as hats!

Okay...so this guy was random. Just walking by. Looked crazy as a loon, and threatened to shoot my daughter. Haha! Funny. Right. And there was no punchline, either. She feared he might be getting his gun to shoot her and couldn't leave her post. Great. That guy sure made my daughter piss her pants, but not from laughing.

Ok. Honestly... Unfortunate that the guy was a creepy sob. But I'm pretty sure everyone here has already agreed it wasn't funny. It was crazy. So let's move on and enjoy the other funny parts if the thread. If it bothers you that much, you don't have to read this thread. It's getting to be a bit much. I get your point. Clearly one guy CAN ruin everyone's fun.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump to read later. ya'll are cracking me up!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who I go on vacation with and the entire vacation we speak in Russian phrases and with a Russian accent. I know a lot of Russian so it isn't TOO far fetched for me, but it's still really fun with all the strange looks we get from people at the bar and when people ask us where we're from! :D
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My daughter is reading this over my shoulder, and just said all those 'original' jokes you make, she hears 50 times during the day. So, those 'cracked smiles' are forced.

I have a sense of humor. You just aren't funny.

Your daughter seems like the b*tchy cashiers I was talking about.

Actually she was all business because that's how she was trained--efficient and pleasant. Is that not what you want in a cashier?
  • jenns65
    jenns65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You sound just like my hubby. LOL
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

My daughter's first day of cashiering, some guy came up to her and said, "You're lucky I don't have my gun. I'd shoot you if I did."

I used to think that too, but everyone seems to laugh at my threats. We'll see how hard they're laughing when I am wearing their heads as hats!

Okay...so this guy was random. Just walking by. Looked crazy as a loon, and threatened to shoot my daughter. Haha! Funny. Right. And there was no punchline, either. She feared he might be getting his gun to shoot her and couldn't leave her post. Great. That guy sure made my daughter piss her pants, but not from laughing.

Not for anything, but I'm pretty sure if you feel like your life is in danger, you are allowed to leave the bagging station.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I used to drive up to bums and panhandlers asking if they had any extra change to spare.

My uncle and I would randomly go to a place where crowds gathered (zoos, amusement parks, etc.) and we would look up at a tree or some tall structure, then just start pointing at an imaginary object or creature, asking each other, "Did you see that?" or exclaim, "There it is!" As curious people started gathering around us, we would just quietly walk away.
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    our mall has a train that goes around for little kids, and me and a group of like 7 people ( not even one of us could fit in one of the little train cars) bought tickets to it... we rode around in it for like 20 minutes waving at random people...

Challenging someone to a gift-wrap-tube 'duel' at walmart! :D ... i won!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Not for anything, but I'm pretty sure if you feel like your life is in danger, you are allowed to leave the bagging station.

Are you insane? LEAVE the bagging station? What kind of crazy talk is that???
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I used to drive up to bums and panhandlers asking if they had any extra change to spare.

I'm curious as to if they gave you any...
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options

My uncle and I would randomly go to a place where crowds gathered (zoos, amusement parks, etc.) and we would look up at a tree or some tall structure, then just start pointing at an imaginary object or creature, asking each other, "Did you see that?" or exclaim, "There it is!" As curious people started gathering around us, we would just quietly walk away.

LOL on the first one... and last time i was at the mall me and my 2 friends were on the bottom floor pointing to the top one going "OMG LOOK THERE IT IS AGAIN" and random people were looking up...
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My daughter is reading this over my shoulder, and just said all those 'original' jokes you make, she hears 50 times during the day. So, those 'cracked smiles' are forced.

I have a sense of humor. You just aren't funny.

Your daughter seems like the b*tchy cashiers I was talking about.

Actually she was all business because that's how she was trained--efficient and pleasant. Is that not what you want in a cashier?
    Absolutely. I expect nothing less...well maybe someone who could count change back properly, but that's just me.

I completely get your point and please pass along my sincerest apologies from every person who was a jerk to her.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I am white, but have a child who is not (her "sperm donor" was Hatian and DARK) When she was a baby and I had her in the baby seat in the cart, perfect strangers would ooh and ahh over her then say "She is so adorable! Where did you get her?" I got tired of answering "my vag!na" so I started saying "Aisle 14...they are on sale. Really good deal too" then walk away. I always loved the look of shock they would have.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Am I missing something or am I just slow.. I really do not see the joke in what you are saying... I would have left my post.. it is within her human rights to say "I am uncomfortable and I am not doing this anymore."

@swanysez... just dont kill me k? I promise to take your threats seriously.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference between being an *kitten* and simply trying to lighten their day.

I know and that is why I wish you would have been one of my regular customers. You are one of the funniest people on this site. :drinker:
  • _VoV
    Options

Ok. Honestly... Unfortunate that the guy was a creepy sob. But I'm pretty sure everyone here has already agreed it wasn't funny. It was crazy. So let's move on and enjoy the other funny parts if the thread. If it bothers you that much, you don't have to read this thread. It's getting to be a bit much. I get your point. Clearly one guy CAN ruin everyone's fun.

I am merely saying that goofing on strangers, like all humor really, can be offensive. I'm sure that guy who said that to my daughter was making a joke, but clearly she didn't perceive it that way. There's nothing wrong with playing jokes on people, but not sitting ducks at their jobs who don't know you. They may misunderstand your intentions.

Carry on...I'm outta here to go grocery shopping, ironically.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Am I missing something or am I just slow.. I really do not see the joke in what you are saying... I would have left my post.. it is within her human rights to say "I am uncomfortable and I am not doing this anymore."

@swanysez... just dont kill me k? I promise to take your threats seriously.
    Perhaps we have been trolled. Damn it, that's twice. That does it. I am going back to the Sally Struther's School of Sarcasm.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

You're fired.
  • _VoV
    Options

Sixteen and first day on the job. Naive.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    When I was 19 I went to a concert with my best friend, a musician I have a lot of respect for, for certain reasons. I had bought the tickets even though my best friend said she'd pay, I had made the hour's drive to the city it was in, and had gotten there 2 hours early to get places in front of the stage because I am very short. Once we were let in we secured our spots and this very tall guy with a camcorder comes and stands to my left. I noticed about ten minutes in the space between his arm and mine was getting smaller yet he kept his eyes on the stage or to some teenagers (16 and under) to his left since apparently he bought the tickets to get them in, the show was 18+ and underagers had to be with someone 18 or older as their "guardian".

It's 10 minutes to show time, I'm rubbing elbows with the freak. Basically he was trying to get me to either move over, aka toward center stage, or let him in front of me. Neither was gonna happen.

Me: Um, excuse me, you almost stepped on my foot. ( <--- trying to be polite)

Him: Oh, sorry. I'm trying to find the right settings on my camera so I can capture [musician] well. My last few haven't come out too good. I'm from Nevada, I've been following her on this tour.

Me: Really? Well, this is my first show so could you please give me room? I want to see everything.

Him: Oh sure. *lifting the camcorder into my vantage point as the stage lights flicker and get tested*

By this time I'm mad but I know yelling at him's prime reason to be removed. So I decide I'm going to scare him out of my face. The musician has backup singers/performers who do their own stuff onstage and have their own personalities/characters. One is a pious cannibal who likes to carry around a plastic human heart in her mouth like a pacifier. I chatted him up about each person and when it came to the cannibal, I went for broke. I have a lot of knowledge about cannibalism and in fact descend, from my mother's side, from a Native American tribe that practiced ritualistic cannibalism on their enemies and those bitten by snakes in order to send them to hell.

I tell him all this and some tidbits about Albert Fish, and I start moving closer to him, getting REALLY into the lecture as though I'm horny as hell from it. He gets visibly uncomfortable, even the girls he has near him are making excuses to leave. He finally says something to stop me and soon after the music and intro stuff starts. The entire concert which lasted almost 3 hours there was about a ten foot space between me and him. Literally a gap because anyone who would try to stand at my left he told them I was actually a cannibal and would bite.

Can't tell you how many e-highfives I got from the fan forum later that night. Apparently the guy was the musician's crazy male stalker and he'd ruined tons of shows with those antics and even ticked off the musician herself. I love telling people that part of my heritage because then you can watch the wheels turn as they try to decide whether or not to ask if you've tasted human flesh for real because you described in detail what it tasted like and what body parts taste best.