Messing with complete strangers is such fun

Options

Replies

• JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    I have gotten on to a crowed elevator, let the doors shut and not turn to face the door. make people uncomfortable. Twice I looked at everyone on the elevator and said "I am sure you are wondering why I have called you all here today" .... that has never gone over as well as I would have liked.

OMG, I can't stop laughing at this....bravo!!!! Whooooooo!!!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    People like you who clown around with me always throw me off guard at first and make me feel embarrassed for not getting it at first...but then later I will chuckle about it...lol

It looks a little like this:

:indifferent: :embarassed: :blushing: :smile:
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    LMAO! this post just brightened my day. You are definitely not alone in enjoying screwing with people. I just wish, however, that i was better at thinking up funny crap like the rest of ya'll in this post and doing so with a straight face. :) I would kill to be able to do the elevator bit!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think it's fun when it's fair. But, I think it's just rude when you are rude or lying or being an *kitten* to someone that is paid to be nice to you and put up with your crap. If it's out on the street or in a bar or something, then game on.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

My daughter's first day of cashiering, some guy came up to her and said, "You're lucky I don't have my gun. I'd shoot you if I did."

Some jokes aren't funny at all.
    That is not a joke at all... it is a threat.. and threats are not funny.

I used to think that too, but everyone seems to laugh at my threats. We'll see how hard they're laughing when I am wearing their heads as hats!

Okay...so this guy was random. Just walking by. Looked crazy as a loon, and threatened to shoot my daughter. Haha! Funny. Right. And there was no punchline, either. She feared he might be getting his gun to shoot her and couldn't leave her post. Great. That guy sure made my daughter piss her pants, but not from laughing.

Not for anything, but I'm pretty sure if you feel like your life is in danger, you are allowed to leave the bagging station.

Umm, no. That guy would have to bag his own groceries if she left the bagging station. Not professional. At. All.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    When I was in my early 20s, despite being seriously fit and lifting heavy, I used to look pretty delicate when dressed for work, due to low body fat and short stature. I used to fetch the boxes of photocopier paper, which was stored in the basement, two at a time. Just because I could. These contained 5 reams of 80gsm A4 paper each, which with a bit of calculating comes out as 27.5lb each, until now I hadn't realised quite how heavy they were!

Anyway, back then, there were still a lot of older gentlemen there who were horrified at the idea of "a pretty young thing like me" carrying stuff, and they often used to offer to take them from me in the smarmiest most patronising way possible. I'd smile and thank them nicely, hold the boxes out at arms length as if they weighed nothing, then grin as they staggered under the unexpected weight. :bigsmile:

Also, the doors had automatic closers which got progressively stiffer, so if I was walking with one of the guys who patronised me, I'd get to the door and hold it wide open then push it a bit further - so when they took the door off me, it shoved right back at them.

Cruel perhaps, but I've never taken kindly to being patronised.

(genuine offer of help is fine btw, no problem with that, this was just the se*ist slimeballs)
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    This past December, a young guy hanging out in front of a 7-11 was approaching cars and wearing this said, puppy dog look on his face while he asked for money. I told him I had none. He came back, so I asked, "What do you need money for?"

"I'm hungry," he said, obviously full of crap but expecting a monetary handout.

"Okay," I said, opening the car door and getting out. "Let's go get you something to eat."

He looked at me like I'd turned into an alien.

"Well, come on," I said. I opened the door to the store and welcomed him in. He moved very quickly to the refrigerator and grabbed a sandwich without even looking at what he had picked up. Then he almost ran back to the line and stared at the floor.

"Well, don't you want something to drink? You have to have something to drink," I said.

He gave me that alien look again, went over and grabbed a soda.

"You want anything else? Chips, maybe?"

He shook his head no.

"You're sure now?"

He nodded.

While we were waiting in line, I told him, "You know, you better stop hanging around outside. Someone is going to call the cops and have you taken away."

He looked nervous and nodded.

When it was his turn, he put the soda and sandwich in front of the cashier. "I'm paying for this young man," I said loudly, people turning to look at us. The cashier gave us both strange looks, but he wouldn't meet her eye.

I led him out the front door. "This was your lucky day," I said. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you, too," he mumbled.

Normally, I wouldn't do something like this, but we were right in front of a brightly lit store, and there were plenty of other people around. Sometimes, just calling someone's bluff is the best entertainment.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! you made me cry laughing!!!
    I am white, but have a child who is not (her "sperm donor" was Hatian and DARK) When she was a baby and I had her in the baby seat in the cart, perfect strangers would ooh and ahh over her then say "She is so adorable! Where did you get her?" I got tired of answering "my vag!na" so I started saying "Aisle 14...they are on sale. Really good deal too" then walk away. I always loved the look of shock they would have.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I am merely saying that goofing on strangers, like all humor really, can be offensive. I'm sure that guy who said that to my daughter was making a joke, but clearly she didn't perceive it that way. There's nothing wrong with playing jokes on people, but not sitting ducks at their jobs who don't know you. They may misunderstand your intentions.

Carry on...I'm outta here to go grocery shopping, ironically.

You have clearly stated your position, and I am confident that everyone here will not only never again threaten to shoot a customer service employee, even in jest, but will also actively discourage such behavior in others. I know I was planning on playing just such a prank on my way home from work tonight...but now I'm just going to say nothing at the checkout line. Such progress with such little effort...***mind blown***

Thank you for saving the world...you've made a believer out of me!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    One thing came to mind: One night not long ago at the movie theater a woman was jogging to get to the restroom. I am assuming she really had to go. I was standing waiting outside of the theater I was waiting to be allowed in to get a seat. I saw the woman running and without thinking, started to jog right next to her! She just continued jogging and looking over at me right next to her jogging at the same pace. Once we reached the restroom, I turned around and rejoined my friends. I heard the woman laughing about it in the bathroom. I have no idea what compelled me to do it, but I did.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    My uncle and I would randomly go to a place where crowds gathered (zoos, amusement parks, etc.) and we would look up at a tree or some tall structure, then just start pointing at an imaginary object or creature, asking each other, "Did you see that?" or exclaim, "There it is!" As curious people started gathering around us, we would just quietly walk away.
    Heh... I've kind of had the opposite happen. When I was in college I loved going out on our huge quad and flying a kite. I would get one of those nylon kinds with the 6-foot wingspan and put about 2000 feet of line on it, and when it was let out all the way you could only see it if you knew exactly where it was. People would walk by and think that I was standing there with a reel but no kite attached and would wonder what I was looking at. A lot of them would ask me if I'd lost the kite, and when I tried pointing it out to them they thought I was screwing with them. You could clearly see the string going up into the sky from the reel, so I don't know what they thought was keeping it up....

Apparently I can only mess with complete strangers when I'm not actually messing with them, because I can't come up with a single funny story... I'm sure I must be more interesting than that.... lemme think on it a while.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    My uncle and I would randomly go to a place where crowds gathered (zoos, amusement parks, etc.) and we would look up at a tree or some tall structure, then just start pointing at an imaginary object or creature, asking each other, "Did you see that?" or exclaim, "There it is!" As curious people started gathering around us, we would just quietly walk away.
    YES! Done something like that myself a few times with a friend, we stand quietly looking at a point in the sky.

Amazing how many people come and stand next to you and look up!
    A lot of them would ask me if I'd lost the kite, and when I tried pointing it out to them they thought I was screwing with them. You could clearly see the string going up into the sky from the reel, so I don't know what they thought was keeping it up....
    Ooh, look Daddy, magic string...

Love it! :bigsmile:
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a college junior at age 16. Not dumb at all. She just quit her job cashiering, due to all the dumb-@ss customers. You do know that cashiers are told to be polite, don't you? They take a boat-load of crap from people who, I swear, like a passive, easy target who is being paid to be nice to you.

Civility is going to pot with clowns leading the way.

I'm sorry, but I was a cashier for my first job, from 16-19 and though I had bad days and things like that would have made me mad, It was the only fun thing about working as a cashier was people who made me laugh, yes we were made to be nice, but sometimes ppl like clown face made my day. Don't be so mad about something so trivial...
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

My daughter's first day of cashiering, some guy came up to her and said, "You're lucky I don't have my gun. I'd shoot you if I did."

Some jokes aren't funny at all.
    That is not a joke at all... it is a threat.. and threats are not funny.

I used to think that too, but everyone seems to laugh at my threats. We'll see how hard they're laughing when I am wearing their heads as hats!

Okay...so this guy was random. Just walking by. Looked crazy as a loon, and threatened to shoot my daughter. Haha! Funny. Right. And there was no punchline, either. She feared he might be getting his gun to shoot her and couldn't leave her post. Great. That guy sure made my daughter piss her pants, but not from laughing.

I'm just wondering why, if your daughter is as smart as you say she is, she didn't call security or management or the police or whatever on him? There's a huge difference between a joke and a threat, and this was not a joke. Very obviously not a joke. People usually don't joke about bringing harm to someone in the fear of the police being called. He obviously was missing the fear gene.

So unless YOUR comments are a big joke and you're making this all up and sitting there chuckling all the while making everyone think you're not the brightest bulb in the box, then this is completely unrelated, and mostly unwanted.

And OP, you're def not alone. My husband lives by messing with people. I don't think he can get through a day without it. Last week he went up to a girl scout cookie booth, told the girls he wanted 4 boxes of cookies, handed them the cash, then promptly said "and THAT girls is how you do a drug deal" and ran off. I was entertained. The mom was entertained. The girls giggled. It was good.
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    snip

Yay!!! Let's have some fun now :drinker:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just remembered... my dad would screw around with people from the banks that would call to try and get him to refinance his mortgage... well my dad, has a 0% mortgage (it was a very limited time offer back in the mid-90's) that a group in Texas was doing for Texas veterans... well, they would call, claiming to be able to lower his interest rate, so he would ask if they were going to pay HIM for the loan, since it was already at 0%, they would get all tripped up and start bumbling all over the place... It made for some good laughs for my dad.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    snip

thought we already were
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Oh! Here's a fun one... my aunt and uncle were visiting our family and we all went out to eat at a local pizza joint. As we were leaving, a lady was carrying a boxed pizza out the door at the same time. My uncle, being the joker he is, held the door open for her and as she started to come through he took the pizza from her and said, "Thanks for holding that for me," and started to walk off. Her jaw dropped and he probably made it a good ten feet before finally turning around with a big grin and handing it back to her and complimenting her for being a good sport.

I turned around to see what was going on and who he was talking to.

It was my psychologist.

Luckily, she jokingly said, "Well, this explains a LOT," and we all had a good chuckle about it (I was seeing her for something completely unrelated to family issues, so she really was joking).

It makes me sad that there are people out there who don't appreciate teasing and ribbing anymore. People are too uptight!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    snip

thought we already were

SMH... that wasn't very fun :sigh:
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    yahoo answers:

how many calories does a booger have?

i asked this a joke just "trolling" but my account was suspended ... -.-