Who cares about being a size 0?

Options

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I agree, she was beautiful and was never stick thin but not fat either. She looked healthy and that is what should matter.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

Don't start with the skinny bashing now...

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.

Actually it totally is skinny bashing. So if "real women are not sticks" then are large people not real women then? Oh please, enlighten me with your definition of a "real woman."

i HATE hearing/reading "real women have curves".

i have very small breasts. does that make me not a woman?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

And I'm not an f-ing stick.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options

Real women have a vagina, and come in all shapes and sizes.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    D: I think if I was just bone I still wouldn't fit into a zero!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Real women come in all sizes. Not everyone is built with curves.
  • EyeHeartCandii0912
    Options
    breathe and relax people.

this is the internet.

Don't like what someone posts, turn the pc off and go back to real life.

Sheesh =)
  • MooneyBear
    Options
    I may be wrong, but I presumed she was a UK size 10-12, so an american size 6-8? xx
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Okay, Marilyn was those sizes back then. Her sizes compared to today would range from a 0-6.

So true. The sizes are way different. When I was 20, I wore a size 10 and I was 5'6 and 120 pounds. I am now 60, if I was 120 pounds, I would be a 4. Marilyn was not even close to fat. I am obsessed with her and no one was ever that beautiful!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    breathe and relax people.

this is the internet.

Don't like what someone posts, turn the pc off and go back to real life.

Sheesh =)

I love how you chose not to respond to my question. And when I don't like what someone says, I have a conversation about it. This is called life.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Lauren Bacall(ironically, who I'm named after) was one of the actrsses that helped start the skinny trend. She was from the same time of marilyn, and was very thin. They were both gorgeous women. Diffferent people look good at different sizes and builds. Even if I weighed 100lbs, I don't think I could be a size 0. My hips are much too wide, and I'm fine with that. My hour glass figure looks good on me. I just care about being HEALTHY.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Real women have a vagina, and come in all shapes and sizes.

Yes!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A Size 16 Back in the Marylin Monroe Days is equivelent to about a size 7/8 now
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think the size a woman should be depends on her frame. Me, for example, I remember being 140 and being a size 8 in Highschool. My mom tells me now, that really I was too skinny, and she could see my ribs. Honestly, I can't remember. But being 5'4 I can't imagine weigh too much less than that. I don't think I would EVER be a size, zero, and I am okay with that.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Um, no. Real women have vaginas.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    So much skinny bashing going on here, it's pathetic.

Women could rule the world, if only they could get along with one another.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    If it's not what you care about then you shouldn't care...
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

Rude much? Not all women have these 'proper" curves you speak of.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Clothing sizes are irrelevant anyway, here in New Zealand there is no such thing as a size 0! I think the rule of thumb is to add 4 to American sizing so the smallest we go is a 4 (although I've never seen anything smaller than a 6 and even they are hard to find!) I guess I'd be a size 8 - 10 (while here I'm a 12 - 14). I don't think there is any point fixating on a number, I think each person needs to find the size where their body looks best and they feel best - I imagine it could be quite different between people.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the size printed on the inside of my pants, I care about the size of my @$$.
    My pants can say a size 20 for all I care as long as I am healthy and feel smoking hot... :smokin:
    And that is all that matters...health and confidence!
This discussion has been closed.