Who cares about being a size 0?

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I agree but you have to realize that sizes back in the 50's are different from the sizes of today:

"Her measurements were recorded by her dressmaker as 36-23-37 and sometimes fluctuated between that and 36-24-37".

Clothing sizes irritate me!!!!! Why can't clothing be labeled for the size it is and not a random number!!
    Because over the years clothing manufacturers have found that as their customers get increasingly fatter, they also get stupidly obsessed with the number on the label.

Companies selling f*ckoff huge tents which are labelled with a small size sells lots of them, because their customers can deceive themselves into thinking they're still "only" a size whatever.

Me, I'd have a standard national set of sizes, and if clothes were labelled incorrectly according to those published sizes, they'd be illegal to sell due to being unfit for purpose. Eg a size 8 would be useless for someone who is size 8 if it is actually manufactured in size 12.

As more and more people shop online, this is becoming more and more of an issue.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised to hear that about Marilyn...I always thought she was a little on the plump side...if I'm allowed to use that word :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I personally don't care what size Marilyn Monroe was anymore than I care about being the picture of perfection that Hollywood has painted these days..
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    breathe and relax people.

this is the internet.

Don't like what someone posts, turn the pc off and go back to real life.

Sheesh =)

no, stating that a woman who can fit into a size 0 is a stick or is somehow less of a woman is as insulting as some of the *kitten* that flies around here regarding people who are over weight. When I bulk I'm a 4, when I cut I'm a 0, and no matter what size I am I have curves. I'm not okay with you passing judgement on me for my size without knowing anything about me than I am with someone passing judgement on you just based on the size on your label instead of the lifestyle you lead.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I haven't been a size 0 since probably 15 and never want to be. I'm curvy by nature and to be honest I jsut have some fat on me...Once that is gone I'll be ideal. My IDEAL weight is 125 and my ideal size is a true 5.

I'll keep my booty thankyouverymuch ;)

She seemed to have measurements like Kim Kardashian. But you know what. A lot of men like a little meat on chicks...

Even my dad...a typical white dude (anyone not white or around a lot of not white people will understand that statement) used to make fun of my moms big butt (especially when she was mashing potatoes and jiggling) but I know he found it sexy.

Everyone has their own ideal size.

I don't think you all should be offensive or get offended... We're all different.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

Don't start with the skinny bashing now...

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.

Real women have a vagina, and come in all shapes and sizes.

Exactly!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't care about being a size 0.

I also don't care about being the same size as Marylin Monroe.

I want to be the best possible me.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Actually real women aren't sticks... sticks are a part of a tree... and last I checked real women are not part of a tree..
    so saying real women are not sticks is not a fallacy... its a truth if you want to get down to the brass tacks of it..

A real woman is human, they vary in size and shape and they are all beautiful..
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    So much skinny bashing going on here, it's pathetic.

Women could rule the world, if only they could get along with one another.

LOL... Sadly this will NEVER happen.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It's not about the number. It seems everyone is so fixated on a number - the size on the tag of your clothes or the number on the scale. It should be about how you FEEL. How much energy you have. How happy and satisfied you are with your body, your life.

I'm of a small frame. I am 5'0" and a size 0 in most places (waist is 25", I'm a 32B). I'm very FIT. I still have a curvy shape. I don't care what size the tag on my dress/shirt/pants say. I'm happy with the way my body looks. I have strong legs. I have decently shaped abs. I WORKED hard to get these.

I WISH I could carry my weight in my chest or have an amazing curvy butt, but I was given what I was given, just as you are. Let's not start picking on people who have or don't have what you do.
  • maarziipan
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubbles ladies, but you are not accounting for dress size inflation. A 12 then was more like a 2 now. Marilyn Monroe's measurements:

Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches

http://jezebel.com/5299793/for-the-last-time-what-size-was-marilyn-monroe
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I agree for the most part- I think beautiful looks healthy not starving. I think it helps to look at a realistic picture...

I am a pretty healthy weight, I am a size 0-2ish depending on the day and at the high end of the healthy weight...I AM 4'11...

It sometimes seems unhealthy to me that people significantly taller than myself have the same goal weight...but I am pretty muscular....who knows....

Yay for looking lean and healthy- whatever that means for you!!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    breathe and relax people.

this is the internet.

Don't like what someone posts, turn the pc off and go back to real life.

Sheesh =)

no, stating that a woman who can fit into a size 0 has no curves or is somehow less of a woman is as insulting as some of the *kitten* that flies around here regarding people who are over weight. When I bulk I'm a 4, when I cut I'm a 0, and no matter what size I am I have curves. I'm not okay with you passing judgement on me for my size without knowing anything about me than I am with someone passing judgement on you just based on the size on your label instead of the lifestyle you lead.

Yes this exactly.
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

There is a difference between a "healthy" skinny and an "unhealthy" skinny. There are some celebs that look ill, and others who look absolutely beautiful. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    IT ALL ABOUT THE CURVES LADIES MEN LOVE IT!! i could never think of myself as a size 0 and i'm 5'1". I love a curvey body anytime i see someone really thin i feel like it is just to unattractive....but thats my opinion. :tongue:
  • freckledbean
    Options
    Obviously, you do, since you took the time out of your day to make this topic.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

There is a difference between a "healthy" skinny and an "unhealthy" skinny. There are some celebs that look ill, and others who look absolutely beautiful. :flowerforyou: :smile:

In my comment I am referring to those at a size 0-2, which are being called "ill looking."
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think we all need some fat on our body as people with very low body fat precentages always look gaunt and older.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I read on MSN some info on Marilyn Monroe and from what I read idk if this is 100% true but she ranged from a size 10 to a size 16 at her highest. But mostley stayed around a 10-12 size. If she were here today she would probably be in the tabloids and called fat like Adele is called because she didn't weigh 105 lbs like actresses today do. I wanted to share this info because I think sometimes we beat ourselves up for maybe not reaching our goal weight. But we should tell ourselves who cares what Hollywood calls "beautiful." I don't care if im not a size 0-2 because Marilyn Monroe wasn't that size either.
    this is a misconception, I have read several things about this lately, one from the curator of her things, and she was tiny, but a dramatic hourglass.
    Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
    Weight: 118-140 pounds
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D

Obviously, sizing was a lot different back then, but she was probably never a size 16.
    I've been a size zero, but my waist has always been 27 inches. Sizing is irrelevant, as others have stated, it depends on the store, the brand, the style, etc.
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm surprised to hear that about Marilyn...I always thought she was a little on the plump side...if I'm allowed to use that word :)

I'd be careful!!! People are wayy to sensitive here and someone will get offended and start saying you're "fat girl bashing" now as opposed to the "skinny girl" bashing that was just going on.

People are PATHETIC!!!!! Ugh *rolling eyes*
This discussion has been closed.