Who cares about being a size 0?

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

Size 2 in womens clothing. Just found out yesterday actually. Damn close to being a zero.

I know I just look sickly and so unhealthy, Bag of bones and disgusting.
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    I honestly, truly would never want to be a size 0. I don't think I would want to be less than a 4 - a muscular 4. Obviously everyone has different body types and some people will naturally be in the 0-4 size range but for me, personally, I think I look best in a size 6. (my family has big heads. My head would look misproportionate on a smaller body lol)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree but you have to realize that sizes back in the 50's are different from the sizes of today:

"Her measurements were recorded by her dressmaker as 36-23-37 and sometimes fluctuated between that and 36-24-37".

Clothing sizes irritate me!!!!! Why can't clothing be labeled for the size it is and not a random number!!

I'd KILL for those measurements!!!!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I want to be how I want to look, and I CAN acheive looking like however small I want to be. You are suggesting people to be happy with "good enough" and not their dream. I know you probably meant well, but saying things like that is dissappointing and discouraging!

And OBVIOUSLY sizing has changed ALOT since then. Marilyn Monroe HAD curves, but very little body fat. There is a difference. People who say "curves" nowadays MEAN fat.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    From what I read in the past she was 5'5 and weighed between 115 and 118. I am just saying. Plus we shouldn't have to use famous women to make ourselves feel more beautiful. We are beautiful in our own right. KWIM?
  • djlindstrom
    Options
    Ok.. I opened a can of worms, and I apologize. I honestly did not mean to offend anyone.

Not everyone has the frame to pull off a 0 - 2. If you have a tiny frame and look healthy there ..... awesome! Good for you! You see some of these women though who only care about the number of the size, and forget about looking healthy. Some of them are too thin and look ill.

And yes, you are correct. We are all build differently. Some have curves, others ... not so much. "Variety is the spice of life" is what my mother always told me. It should matter if you are straight or curvy, tiny or big framed, so long as you look healthy and good, who cares about the number of the size?
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

Size 2 in womens clothing. Just found out yesterday actually. Damn close to being a zero.

I know I just look sickly and so unhealthy, Bag of bones and disgusting.

Hahaha! Way to go, by the way. I'd be THRILLED to be a size 2.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I read on MSN some info on Marilyn Monroe and from what I read idk if this is 100% true but she ranged from a size 10 to a size 16 at her highest. But mostley stayed around a 10-12 size. If she were here today she would probably be in the tabloids and called fat like Adele is called because she didn't weigh 105 lbs like actresses today do. I wanted to share this info because I think sometimes we beat ourselves up for maybe not reaching our goal weight. But we should tell ourselves who cares what Hollywood calls "beautiful." I don't care if im not a size 0-2 because Marilyn Monroe wasn't that size either.

Ok, but Adele is a bit overweight
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There are naturally thin women, who are beautiful. And naturally curvy women who are beautiful.

It's when women try to achieve an ideal body that doesn't belong to them (breast implants, starving themselves, etc), when they nearly destroy their bodies in order to become some shallow standard of beauty, that's when I take issue with it. I think that's when most of us take issue.

So many angry thin girls here. Cut us fatties some slack. :) It's hard being treated like a second-class citizen, invisible and/or disgusting to the opposite sex, and made the butt of all the jokes. It's nice sometimes to be able to say "real women have curves." It doesn't mean we don't like flat-chested women or thin women. It just means we'd like to be acknowledged as people, too.

Real women come in all different shapes and sizes. HEALTHY women come in all different shapes and sizes. BEAUTIFUL women come in all different shapes and sizes.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    This is stupid. People need to stop making posts like this.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    IT ALL ABOUT THE CURVES LADIES MEN LOVE IT!! i could never think of myself as a size 0 and i'm 5'1". I love a curvey body anytime i see someone really thin i feel like it is just to unattractive....but thats my opinion. :tongue:

Some women can't help being that thin.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 and a recovering anorexic. There is no perfect, no "real woman" just different shapes and sizes and there is no point skinny bashing about it. If you the had choice between being skinny or a "real woman" well... isn't thats why you are all here for? Losing weight? I know i'm going to get verbally abused now.. :/

We're all here to BE HEALTHIER. there is a BIG difference between that and losing weight. :)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This is stupid. People need to stop making posts like this.

:drinker: I agree. Women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    <- BMI 21. Size 0. Get over yourselves already. Some of us are just built different. I would prefer not to be size 0 because no cheap clothing stores stock it - in fact only 2 stores in the uk do, but even though I recently gained 15lbs this is just how my body is.
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I don't care about the size printed on the inside of my pants, I care about the size of my @$$.
    My pants can say a size 20 for all I care as long as I am healthy and feel smoking hot... :smokin:
    And that is all that matters...health and confidence!

Agree 100% oh and look at that, we're both at 9lbs lost. Congratulations! :-)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

Don't start with the skinny bashing now...

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.

You know, there are PLENTY of women trying desperately to GAIN weight. They would kill to have curves but their metabolism and genetics won't allow it.

Good on you for perpetuating the reason why THEY have complexes! You know who wins? Padded bra and panty companies. If you think skinny girls have it so easy, then why do these products exist?

I can't believe how petty and awful and judgmental and HORRIBLE women can be to each other.

Look in the effing mirror. Happy with what you see? Great! No? Then fix it.

Quit telling other women what constitutes a REAL WOMAN because if she's got 2 X chromosomes, she's a real woman.
    :angry:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised to hear that about Marilyn...I always thought she was a little on the plump side...if I'm allowed to use that word :)

I'd be careful!!! People are wayy to sensitive here and someone will get offended and start saying you're "fat girl bashing" now as opposed to the "skinny girl" bashing that was just going on.

People are PATHETIC!!!!! Ugh *rolling eyes*

No, no. Because no one will EVER fat girl bash, but skinny girl bashing is in the clear.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

We can't fat bash because it's discrimination.
    Same goes with skinny or fit bashing.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.

Real women have a vagina, and come in all shapes and sizes.

Yes!

This EXACTLY! Yes, i have curves & i believe curves are beautiful. But i also have alot of friends who are naturally "sticks" with no boobs, butt, or curves. And are still BEAUTIFUL And the last time i checked...they were still women. "real women have curves" is a phrase people like to use to feel better about themselves. Plus, the term "curves" is very misused now adays. No, girl who weighs 290 lbs and is 4'9 (not anyone specific i just made up numbers & height) You are not "curvy"...sorry.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I think we all need some fat on our body as people with very low body fat precentages always look gaunt and older.

maybe if they have no muscle tone as well....but if they do have nice muscle tone with low body fat they usually look great/healthy.
This discussion has been closed.