Who cares about being a size 0?

Options

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 and a recovering anorexic. There is no perfect, no "real woman" just different shapes and sizes and there is no point skinny bashing about it. If you the had choice between being skinny or a "real woman" well... isn't thats why you are all here for? Losing weight? I know i'm going to get verbally abused now.. :/

We're all here to BE HEALTHIER. there is a BIG difference between that and losing weight. :)

Actually, I'm on here to lose weight. If I get healthier because of it, that's an added bonus.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I read on MSN some info on Marilyn Monroe and from what I read idk if this is 100% true but she ranged from a size 10 to a size 16 at her highest. But mostley stayed around a 10-12 size. If she were here today she would probably be in the tabloids and called fat like Adele is called because she didn't weigh 105 lbs like actresses today do. I wanted to share this info because I think sometimes we beat ourselves up for maybe not reaching our goal weight. But we should tell ourselves who cares what Hollywood calls "beautiful." I don't care if im not a size 0-2 because Marilyn Monroe wasn't that size either.

I like being a size 0 and am again finally! It's just my frame though and I didn't have to starve or even work that hard for it. Some are and some are not, doesn;t make the full figured ladies any less gorgeous.

I also have to say, it has to do with the cut and style of clothing. I wear a 0 express but I wear a 3 in Deb jeans so go figure.

Oh and edit to say, a size 0 on the bottom, no butt and a size 10 up top as I am chesty.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

Don't start with the skinny bashing now...

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.

You know, there are PLENTY of women trying desperately to GAIN weight. They would kill to have curves but their metabolism and genetics won't allow it.

Good on you for perpetuating the reason why THEY have complexes!

I can't believe how petty and awful and judgmental and HORRIBLE women can be to each other.

Look in the effing mirror. Happy with what you see? Great! No? Then fix it.

Quit telling other women what constitutes a REAL WOMAN because if she's got 2 X chromosomes, she's a real woman.

:angry:

:facepalm:

THIS: Quit telling other women what constitutes a REAL WOMAN because if she's got 2 X chromosomes, she's a real woman.

Thank you.
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that there are times I wish I could rock boots and skinny jeans and wear a size 4. It's just not in my cards with my body type. I've been a size 6 and I've been a size 18. I was sickly at 6 - granted the way I got there wasn't very healthy. I don't know where I'll eventually end up. Right now I wear anything from a 10 to a loose 14 depending on make and model. I want to be fit, strong and maybe look good naked.

And I need to show my daughter the right way be to healthy and NOT be obsessed by it. My mom was and it set up bad habits and psychology for me. I could be a 0 - but I'll always be fat somewhere in my head.

Whatever works in your world - go with it. Just go with it being healthy and respect your body.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    So much skinny bashing going on here, it's pathetic.

Women could rule the world, if only they could get along with one another.

LOL... Sadly this will NEVER happen.

Show me a man or a woman alone and I’ll show you a saint. Give me two and they’ll fall in love. Give me three and they’ll invent the charming thing we call ‘society’. Give me four and they’ll build a pyramid. Give me five and they’ll make one an outcast. Give me six and they’ll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they’ll reinvent warfare.

Anarchy.....
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I wish I was back in my size 0 jeans. I loved being that small. A big headed kid later and lack of social interest I'm somewhere between a 3 or 5. I'm working my way back down to 0-1. So, "I" care about being a size 0. I don't care if anyone else does.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I get out my measuring stick/tape it is MINE.. I can't use Marilyn Monroe's measurements or anyone else to measure myself.
    Measure yourself with your own standards..don't compare.
    I don't know why women do this so much!
    I have friends that are bigger and smaller and they are all beautiful. They are who they are. Be you.

Also, I could care less if the size on something says 0 or 50. If it looks amazing, it is mine. Sizes range so much in women's clothing. They make scissors if a tag bothers you.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    im a uk 4 which is a 0, but id way rather be a uk 10 and have really nice boobs and a bum and have an hour glass figure. and clothes size is not even rellevant, monroe would be beautiful at size 30 ....
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

Don't start with the skinny bashing now...

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.

You know, there are PLENTY of women trying desperately to GAIN weight. They would kill to have curves but their metabolism and genetics won't allow it.

Good on you for perpetuating the reason why THEY have complexes!

I can't believe how petty and awful and judgmental and HORRIBLE women can be to each other.

Look in the effing mirror. Happy with what you see? Great! No? Then fix it.

Quit telling other women what constitutes a REAL WOMAN because if she's got 2 X chromosomes, she's a real woman.

:angry:

THIS: Quit telling other women what constitutes a REAL WOMAN because if she's got 2 X chromosomes, she's a real woman.

Thank you.

Thank You ^^^

I am far from stick and I am a 0.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

This EXACTLY! Yes, i have curves & i believe curves are beautiful. But i also have alot of friends who are naturally "sticks" with no boobs, butt, or curves. And are still BEAUTIFUL And the last time i checked...they were still women. "real women have curves" is a phrase people like to use to feel better about themselves. Plus, the term "curves" is very misused now adays. No, girl who weighs 290 lbs and is 4'9 (not anyone specific i just made up numbers & height) You are not "curvy"...sorry.

Yep.
    I really am pretty fed up with people's thoughts on "Real Women".
    No tackle box in their pants? A sufficient amount of estrogen? Guess what! A WOMAN.
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    D: I think if I was just bone I still wouldn't fit into a zero!!

Same!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Thank you.

Disagree... I know many real women who started out as men...

Genetically speaking yes 2 X chromosomes make you a female... but its not what makes you a REAL woman...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    They make scissors if a tag bothers you.

This, I absolutely love this.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10' and am currently a size 10/12. If I were size 0 it would only be because I was deathly ill. No thanks, I'll pass.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't give one damn what size is on my jeans, and wear anything from a 2 to an 11.

If it fits, flatters and is in a price range I'm willing to pay, I'll buy it.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Why so much animosity on the boards? We're ALL beautiful.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I like my curves - they're lean muscle, not fat rolls.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    size zero in the US is size four over here (i think) and I have never seen clothes that are size four in the shops!! so imo it would be a total nighmare to be that thin! where would you buy your clothes?
    even topshop and ms selfridge aimed at teenagers and early 20s only have limited range that goes down to size 6.
    if you hold up a pair of size 6 trousers and think you want to be THINNER, then seriously, seek help.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Why so much animosity on the boards? We're ALL beautiful.

D'awh. Love this. :)
This discussion has been closed.