Pet Peaves??? I CANNOT STAND...

Options
Whaleluvr
Whaleluvr Posts: 156 Member
I CANNOT STAND... when you are at a park, your kid is going DOWN a slide, the way it was meant to be used....and some uncontrolled, unparented kid is GOING UP IT!!!!!!

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    when i was a nanny, that used to piss me off... also when your kid is in the sand box and some douchy kid whose parents or nanny are not watching, comes over and hits him on the head.. i so wanted to discipline that kid!

parents that dont parent..

also, people that have pets and those pets have a serious medical emergency and the dog mom says "oh i'll just watch it for now" grrr!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when people turn (driving their car) going like 2 miles an hour...give it a little gas honey...also, I hate it when people don't use their headlights when it's raining/ dark/ foggy...especially those blue gray cars that blend in with the sky and road...also, when people drive 5 miles under the speed limit in the fast/ left hand lane...ugh...Being a full time student at 2 colleges, working full time, volunteering, and squeezing in time to exercise, I just don't have 5 minutes to waste because stupid people drive so dang slow...ok, I feel better now :blushing:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    On a similar line... Pet Lovers who have so many pets they can't give them all the attention they need.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    ... when people use there phones at the movie theater, even for a so called emergency. I have never heard anything that would even remotely count

and if you post your "movie phone emergency" and it does not involve the president calling you for the code to launch a nuclear war or a dead child, I will mock you. :laugh: :devil:
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I taught my kids to ball thier fists that put them over thier heads when that happens ... LOL JK!!
  • Whaleluvr
    Options
    I can't stand it when people turn (driving their car) going like 2 miles an hour...give it a little gas honey...also, I hate it when people don't use their headlights when it's raining/ dark/ foggy...especially those blue gray cars that blend in with the sky and road...also, when people drive 5 miles under the speed limit in the fast/ left hand lane...ugh...Being a full time student at 2 colleges, working full time, volunteering, and squeezing in time to exercise, I just don't have 5 minutes to waste because stupid people drive so dang slow...ok, I feel better now :blushing:

:huh: WOW that's alot of peaves.... : )
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    When people cut their fingernails in public. It's disgusting.

Also, when people chew with their mouth open. Or talk with their mouth full.
  • Whaleluvr
    Options
    I have another....................Why is there no "LIKE" button in these threads???? There's a couple I would like to "LIKE"!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    chewing gum like a cow..
    sucking snot back up rather than blowing your nose..
    people dragging their feet
    people chewing with their mouth open...
    people who talk with their mouth full
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    People who spell "peeves" incorrectly.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT STAND... when you are at a park, your kid is going DOWN a slide, the way it was meant to be used....and some uncontrolled, unparented kid is GOING UP IT!!!!!!

when will someone just tell kids that there are RULES and to stop being creative!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the "parents that dont parent" as my number 1 pet peeve

to add to the list of pet peeves:

the crazy exgf (my husband's of course) that will be in my life forever because there is a child involved

witnessing people mistreat thier kids

people that litter

asking for a glass of something and getting it back half full (I'm always really thirsty and I wasn't just pretending when I asked for the glass of something)
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    chewing gum like a cow..
    sucking snot back up rather than blowing your nose..
    people dragging their feet
    people chewing with their mouth open...
    people who talk with their mouth full

All of the above...and, I'd like to add those people who are stopped at a light and don't move with the traffic because they are too busy on their cellphone or texting to realize the traffic is MOVING!!!!
  • kealambert
    Options
    I'm sure I do all of these aforementioned things, minus anything parent related
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    People who spell "peeves" incorrectly.

HAHA! Bazinga.

Also, going down the slide is boring. I always went up.
  • kealambert
    Options
    asking for a glass of something and getting it back half full (I'm always really thirsty and I wasn't just pretending when I asked for the glass of something)

ugh, and the opposite when I ask for a chip, or fry, or strawberry, or just a single bite of something and then they give you the whole plate/bowl/serving

I JUST WANT ONE!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I can't stand when people are sitting at a red light in front of me with no turn signal on, then the light turns green and they turn their left turn signal on, and I have to sit and wait for them to be able to make the turn because it's too late to go around them. Thanks for the heads up, d-bag.

I also HATE HATE HATE people who don't pull over for blue flashing lights when it's safe for them to do so. I'm not suggesting you pull off into a ditch to let someone with a blue light go by you, but that person is responding to an EMERGENCY. It could be YOUR house burning down or YOUR loved one in danger, so get the f*** out of the way. That's a big one for me. First responders deserve the utmost respect on the road and elsewhere.
  • kealambert
    Options
    when on the highway, people who suddenly slow down because there's a cop who pulled someone else over..do you really think the cop will suddenly abandon their current person to get you??

and then people who slow down when a siren of some sort is driving down the OPPOSITE side of the highway...are they going to go-go-gadget on to your side??
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When you leave just a swallow of juice or any other type of drink in the fridge"FINISH THE DAMN THING"
    When ppl ask you for a lighter when they are smokers" GET YOUR OWN?"
    When going through the drive thru and they screw up your order all the time" MCDONALDS IS NOTORIOUS FOR THIS"
    When going to a "FAST FOOD" restaurant and it takes more than 10mins to get your food"
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    people who don't use turn signals, who almost merge into me, who think they own the road, people who cut me off and people, and especially people who think they can race me.

we have this giant hill, more like a mountain, and these giant diesel trucks try to pass me when I'm already doing the speed limit. it pisses me off because once you get to where the road becomes single lane, they won't be able to hold half the speed limit. :l so then I'm stuck in 2nd gear at 3000rpms. GRRR!