Pet Peaves??? I CANNOT STAND...

Options

Replies

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    When people talk on their cell or text at inappropriate times.

I've worked retail for a long time, and this is SUPER rude. Plus, I don't care that your one of your friends got dumped.

I've seen people do this on dates, too. What are they thinking?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    My BIGGEST pet peeve is when you enter/exit a department store and there are 6-8 doors yet
    everyone squeezes through the one I open for my kids instead of opening their own door.
    SUPER LAZY! ugh!

if this is your biggest pet peeve, you are living the good life!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    also, people that have pets and those pets have a serious medical emergency and the dog mom says "oh i'll just watch it for now" grrr!

i totally agree! i live above an animal hospital and i cannot tell you how many animals have come in and were really sick and the owner wanted to "watch them for a couple of days" instead of paying the bill for the right treatment. i had a poor puppy die in my arms because the owners didn't bring her in when they noticed she wasnt eating. they decided to wait til 3 days later!
  • kealambert
    Options
    when on the highway, people who suddenly slow down because there's a cop who pulled someone else over..do you really think the cop will suddenly abandon their current person to get you??

and then people who slow down when a siren of some sort is driving down the OPPOSITE side of the highway...are they going to go-go-gadget on to your side??

Well on your first one I am sure the widows of 2 MA State Police officers would rather the drivers who ran them down had pulled over & slowed down - ya think! It is a law here in MA - simplistically known as the "Move Over Law"

Sorry ot takes 2 seconds of your day to s-l-o-w down for an emergency vehicle. HMM next time your loved one is in dire need .....

People who tailgate ambulances to get through traffic - NICE!!

Oh and anyone who uses - irregardless.

i'm not saying don't use caution near the cop, i'm saying the entire section of the highway jams up because people are trying not to go over the speed limit so they don't get in trouble themselves.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT STAND... when you are at a park, your kid is going DOWN a slide, the way it was meant to be used....and some uncontrolled, unparented kid is GOING UP IT!!!!!!

The kids are playing, learning and exploring... the numpty one clambering up will just get kicked in the head so he'll learn fast!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    when on the highway, people who suddenly slow down because there's a cop who pulled someone else over..do you really think the cop will suddenly abandon their current person to get you??

and then people who slow down when a siren of some sort is driving down the OPPOSITE side of the highway...are they going to go-go-gadget on to your side??

Well on your first one I am sure the widows of 2 MA State Police officers would rather the drivers who ran them down had pulled over & slowed down - ya think! It is a law here in MA - simplistically known as the "Move Over Law"

Sorry ot takes 2 seconds of your day to s-l-o-w down for an emergency vehicle. HMM next time your loved one is in dire need .....

i'm not saying don't use caution near the cop, i'm saying the entire section of the highway jams up because people are trying not to go over the speed limit so they don't get in trouble themselves.
    Um if everyone is using caution by moving over and slowing down, of course traffic is going to jam up.
  • rrcaudill
    rrcaudill Posts: 87
    Options
    Yes, parents who don't parent is a big pet peeve of mine. If you make the choice to have the kids, then you need to make the choice to raise the kids. :)

Another one of mine is people who cuss at/in front of the children. Whenever I started school and was first exposed to cussing, my mom told me that those words came to peoples' minds easier, so they said them. She gave me the challenge of thinking about what I said and choosing my words carefully.

There are more, but I hear my 2 year old waking up from his nap.
  • kealambert
    Options

Um if everyone is using caution by moving over and slowing down, of course traffic is going to jam up.

I am at fault for not mentioning that this mostly includes situations when it's just a cop sitting idly clocking people. that's what really gets me going. the other situation is understandable for sure
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I am at fault for not mentioning that this mostly includes situations when it's just a cop sitting idly clocking people. that's what really gets me going. the other situation is understandable for sure

OK so now we want to add a proviso or rationalization?

So basically what you want is for cops not to pull people over? Or just you? How much time in your life are you losing in reality? I would rather send that person home to their family even if it means I miss the first 3 minutes of Survivor.

It is a LAW here, violated, hit ANY workers on thr roadside cop, EMT, DPW worker and we can visit you at the local HOC.
  • kealambert
    Options

So basically what you want is for cops not to pull people over? Or just you? How much time in your life are you losing in reality? I would rather send that person home to their family even if it means I miss the first 3 minutes of Survivor.

It is a LAW here, violated, hit ANY workers on thr roadside cop, EMT, DPW worker and we can visit you at the local HOC.

I erroneously EXCLUDED this cavaet, it's not a proviso or whatever you want to call it.

and I'm saying if you're going 58 in a 60 zone so a cop doesn't pull you over, you're annoying because you don't need to be driving below the speed limit to not get pulled over.
  • sacal96
    sacal96 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Biggest pet peeve EVER: When you're talking to someone and they pull out their phone in the middle of the conversation and start texting and completely stop listening... Then when you're done talking you're left there looking like an idiot talking to yourself.

Another is that we have a highway here that they have recently changed from a 45 mph speed limit to 55 mph. Well 80% of the drivers on that road have not realized that this has happened and still continue at 45... The worst is when you get stuck with 2 people side by side that you can't get around and they refuse to go the speed limit... Gosh I could run them off the road! haha!
  • NonchalantX
    NonchalantX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Literally can't stand it when I see healthy parents who have morbidly obese children, always want to say something.
  • kealambert
    Options

I erroneously EXCLUDED this cavaet, it's not a proviso or whatever you want to call it.

and I'm saying if you're going 58 in a 60 zone so a cop doesn't pull you over, you're annoying because you don't need to be driving below the speed limit to not get pulled over.

and to presume i don't enjoy it because of a show that is fun to make fun of is erroneous. i don't go home to watch tv, i go home to see my family.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    People who spell your and you're wrong when used in a sentence. I'm not a spelling/grammar guru by any means but that one always gets me.

Whining, that drives me mad!

People who tell me how to raise my kids.

Parents who judge other parents for allowing their kids to be kids.
  • innocentangel
    Options
    definately agree with the last comment
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand retirees who move out to this little patch of desert and then complain about how much better it was "back home". There were more free services for retirees, public services were better, entertainment was better, the doctors were better, the neighborhood were nicer, there was less crime, less dust.....

If you had it so good back there, PLEASE, Go Back. NOW.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT STAND... when you are at a park, your kid is going DOWN a slide, the way it was meant to be used....and some uncontrolled, unparented kid is GOING UP IT!!!!!!

when will someone just tell kids that there are RULES and to stop being creative!

HAHAHA seriously. I was an up-climber. And now I'm successful, live in a nice home, and do work that I like doing for a living. And that I get paid well to do.

Honestly, the parents of the kids doing the "right" thing on the slide should encourage their kids to go up the slide sometimes too.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    People who spell lose wrong. You're not trying to loose weight, you're losing weight!

omg seriously.
  • melpap12
    melpap12 Posts: 50
    Options
    When people shuffle their feet when they walk

And parents that dont discipline unruley kids and turn a blind eye.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I can't stand it when people turn (driving their car) going like 2 miles an hour...give it a little gas honey...also, I hate it when people don't use their headlights when it's raining/ dark/ foggy...especially those blue gray cars that blend in with the sky and road...also, when people drive 5 miles under the speed limit in the fast/ left hand lane...ugh...Being a full time student at 2 colleges, working full time, volunteering, and squeezing in time to exercise, I just don't have 5 minutes to waste because stupid people drive so dang slow...ok, I feel better now :blushing:

I agree about not using the headlights. And the people who don't use headlights at dusk and even when it's almost dark. They think they are being smart..like "hey! I can see just fine". Okay but nobody can see you, ya moron! :laugh: