Pet Peaves??? I CANNOT STAND...

Options

Replies

• Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    People who pop gum.

People who constantly hack. I work in an office with a bunch of old geezers who do this all day....go to a damn ENT already!

People who don't walk on the right-hand side of the sidewalk, hallway, etc

People that chew with their mouth open

I'll think of more later...
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    one more.. people who use "whenever" wrong. if all you need is "when" why make it harder and say "whenever"!

i watch too much much peoples court and judge judy.. i swear they are full of stupid people.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    People who spell "peeves" incorrectly.

^^^^ This
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

^^^^ This

I second this.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    and then people who slow down when a siren of some sort is driving down the OPPOSITE side of the highway...are they going to go-go-gadget on to your side??

Not necessarily, but it is the law to pull over on both sides of the road.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Bah! You beat me to it!

Oh and people that don't use their turn signals when changing lanes or turning. Seriously, how hard is it to flip that switch?!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I hate that commercials are sooooo loud, I'm not interested is the crap they're selling anyway. I can't get to the mute button fast enough!!!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    and then people who slow down when a siren of some sort is driving down the OPPOSITE side of the highway...are they going to go-go-gadget on to your side??

Not in every state it isn't. In PA we aim to run people over, in TX you need to pull over into a different lane or slow down to 5mph. In NJ you speed up and throw soda cans. I hear in Detroit, they throw octopi.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

on a divided highway?
  • kealambert
    Options

Not in every state it isn't. In PA we aim to run people over, in TX you need to pull over into a different lane or slow down to 5mph. In NJ you speed up and throw soda cans. I hear in Detroit, they throw octopi.

this cracked me up, hahaha
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one peeved off by those that don't use their turn signals... another turn signal peeve is, why do people turn their turn signals on AFTER they get into the turn lane or after they have already started to change lanes.... I always think "duh! it's obvious you are turning now!"
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options

;) in PA, my head count is 6 people, two squirrels playing in a dead squirrel's body, and a duck.

and I would like to add that I got the squirrels all with one tire.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the mentality of people that do this:
    You are driving behind them, their vehicle is larger than yours and you can't see what is in front of them, and they suddenly swerve into another lane and what you see is a stopped car waiting to turn............and you have to SLAM your breaks on. They literally wait until the last second to do this, and you have no warning.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    When people say "I could care less"

it's "I couldn't care less."

I also got really irritated when my kids were newborns and people where trying to stick their hands and faces all up in their space. I swear I wanted to scream for people to gtfo!
  • kealambert
    Options

;) in PA, my head count is 6 people, two squirrels playing in a dead squirrel's body, and a duck.

and I would like to add that I got the squirrels all with one tire.

congratulations? haha
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    People who love to argue for the sake of arguing. :grumble:
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    People who love to argue for the sake of arguing. :grumble:

But it's so much fun! :happy:
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    staring. i really do not like staring. if you stare at my legs or breasts too long, i'll probably chuck a water bottle at you.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when people turn (driving their car) going like 2 miles an hour...give it a little gas honey.

My husband and I have this argument all the time. I feel it is rude as his passenger for him to gas it. It forces people in the car to lean a bit with their muscles to go with the momentum of the turn. If you control the turn, people in the car don't have to do this.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when people turn (driving their car) going like 2 miles an hour...give it a little gas honey.

My husband and I have this argument all the time. I feel it is rude as his passenger for him to gas it. It forces people in the car to lean a bit with their muscles to go with the momentum of the turn. If you control the turn, people in the car don't have to do this.

Lol it would be rude for the passengers, but I'm not talking about normal turning...I mean the people that are literally going like 2-3 mph to turn. If I'm directly behind you stopped and waiting to turn, I shouldn't have to come to another complete stop and wait for you to finish turning.