Pet Peaves??? I CANNOT STAND...

Options

Replies

• Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    People who spell lose wrong. You're not trying to loose weight, you're losing weight!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    When people say "I could care less"

it's "I couldn't care less."
    Seconded.

If someone says "I could care less" they are saying that their current level of caring is actually higher than it could be.

So what they are saying is "I care a lot about this". Clearly from the context in which this ridiculous phrase is used, this is not their intention.

It is entirely nonsensical.
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    when skinny people complain about their weight in front of someone that weighs way more...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    When you leave just a swallow of juice or any other type of drink in the fridge"FINISH THE DAMN THING"

^^^^This!! It happens far too often for my liking these days!

Also:

-People who spit on the sidewalks.. (gonna get nasty here) especially when I can hear it make that damned splat on the concrete

-Someone that SMACKS on their food.. drives me up the effin wall!

- People who tell you that they DESPERATELY want to lose weight, but give you a list of excuses the second you ask them to do anything that requires actually moving. If you don't want to it's cool.. but PLEASE don't give me the runaround.
  • Pirate1974
    Options
    Clean laundry that is sitting on the bed that needs to be folded when I am really tired and ready to go to bed. Not sure why this one bothers me so much.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    People who use quotation marks "for emphasis". Or open a quote "and never close it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I would just let my kid continue to slide down the slide feet first....lol

Pet Peeves....

I dislike when people don't hold the door for the people behind them. :angry:
    I dislike when someone leaves a drop of milk in the container and puts it back in the fridge. :grumble:
    I dislike people that skip in line.... :mad:
    I dislike people. ....lol Well okay, rude people. :ohwell:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    People who use ellipses to separate their thoughts instead of writing in complete sentences. Adults should be able to write a proper paragraph that isn't one giant run on sentence.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    People who use quotation marks "for emphasis". Or open a quote "and never close it.

not that anyone in this thread would do such a thing...haha
  • kealambert
    Options
    people (and by people I mean females) who say 'literally' when they do not mean literally.

'It literally snowed 10 feet'

'I literally peed my pants'
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    People who spell "peeves" incorrectly.

Yep That^
  • bchristopher11
    bchristopher11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    we must have been best friends in a past life....

all of these.
  • bchristopher11
    bchristopher11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    chewing gum like a cow..
    sucking snot back up rather than blowing your nose..
    people dragging their feet
    people chewing with their mouth open...
    people who talk with their mouth full

all of these.
  • kealambert
    Options

all of these.

or best friends and we're back from the future??
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    People with way too many peeves, You know who you are.
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My BIGGEST pet peeve is when you enter/exit a department store and there are 6-8 doors yet
    everyone squeezes through the one I open for my kids instead of opening their own door.
    SUPER LAZY! ugh!
  • clockworkkarly
    Options
    when people who can't afford to give animals proper care & have them. i know someone who just keeps taking in strays, and they're all sickly and she doesn't have the money to take them to the vet to get their worms treated or get them fixed. it drives me bananas!!!!!!

when i'm explaining something and someone blatantly interrupts me. there is nothing more irritating!

if someone repeatedly says "like!" while they talk. BARF.

also, i live in an apartment complex and no one picks up after their dogs droppings. disgusting. i can't even walk to my car without seeing a large pile of steaming crap.

the misuse/spelling of YOU ARE, YOUR/ THEY ARE. THEIR, THERE. mongoloids.

:explode:
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    when on the highway, people who suddenly slow down because there's a cop who pulled someone else over..do you really think the cop will suddenly abandon their current person to get you??

and then people who slow down when a siren of some sort is driving down the OPPOSITE side of the highway...are they going to go-go-gadget on to your side??

Well on your first one I am sure the widows of 2 MA State Police officers would rather the drivers who ran them down had pulled over & slowed down - ya think! It is a law here in MA - simplistically known as the "Move Over Law"

Sorry ot takes 2 seconds of your day to s-l-o-w down for an emergency vehicle. HMM next time your loved one is in dire need .....

People who tailgate ambulances to get through traffic - NICE!!

Oh and anyone who uses - irregardless.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    One of my biggest pet peeve would have to be.....When I go Grocery shopping and walk in the aisle....and there is some people just standing in the middle with their cart talking....and I cant get through!!!! I feel like I get road rage sometimes....