looking for breakfast ideas

Options
1235»

Replies

• little_miss_very_bad
    little_miss_very_bad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love fresh fruit smoothies for breakfasts - especially in the hot weather. Sometimes it would be just pure fruit, sometimes I would add soya milk for a milkshake-type smoothie. I don't usually feel like eating in the mornings so this is ideal, and doesn't make you feel heavy or bogged down til lunch!

x
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I love doing 2 slices of whole wheat toast (or 1 if I'm short on calories) with an overeasy egg, a little bit of cheese, pepper, and a slice of tomato. You can eat it open-faced (1 slice) or as a sandwich. It's so yummy when the yolk breaks. :happy: You could eat this with fruit or some fruit juice and it would be very balanced.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Try Kashi crunchy bars, they come in 3 flavors all half coated with chocolate. Chocolate with peanut, chocolate with almond, and chocolate with caramel. The are from 150-180 calories each. I eat one very morning, it keeps me full til lunch. Very low in calorie and they taste good...
  • juliezel
    juliezel Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to eat 1/2 a Nature Valley Granola Bar, Fruit (Peach or 1/2 Apple) and cottage cheese or glass of milk.
  • MissGulla
    MissGulla Posts: 11
    Options
    Shakeology Chocolate Shake!!!!! Easy, delicious and so so so good for you!
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Bump!! Great ideas here! Thanks!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    bump.
  • dgsland50
    dgsland50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My wife fixed me something that I really like.

Toast (lightly) two halves of Nature's Own Sandwich Rounds - I like the wheat and oat variety
    1 triangle of Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Cheese (50% less fat)
    1 egg - Beat well and cook in Olive Oil like you would an omelet.

Spread the Cheese on the toast sandwich rounds and fold the cooked egg in between the bread.
    Top it off with a 6 oz glass of Orange Juice and you have a pretty satisfying breakfast.

I figured it out of be about 353 calories including the juice. The sodium is a around 500 but all other factors are reasonable for the portion size.

Give it a try.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    oatmeal made with skim milk, not water (1/2c regular oatmeal is 150 calories, 1/2 c milk for 45 and 1/2c water or sometimes 1 full cup milk)

small banana, tbsp peanut butter on arnolds thin (about 270 calories)

whole egg on 1/2 arnolds + weight watcher string cheese

eggwhite omlete with veggies and arnolds or toast
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have some real great ones, i have a recipe book i bought from herbal magic and they are great..

Apple Toffee Oatmeal...

1/4 cup rolled oats
    1 English toffee tea bag
    1 pkg artificial sweetner
    1 tsp apple spice seasoning
    1/2 tsp soft, light margarine

cook the rolled oats as directed, put the tea bag in with the oatmeal while its cooking. when oatmeal is ready remove the bag, Mix the sweetner, apple spice and margarine into the oatmeal.

makes a good breakfast.

Breakfast Berry Tortilla...

1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 6' tortilla
    1 tbsp ultra low fat cream cheese

Gently warm the blueberries and strawberries in a non stick pan, Warm the tortilla in the microwave
    for about 10-15 sec. Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and wrap in the berries..

mmm mmm good.

I have tons of recipes if you require more.. all low in fat and carbs.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

These sound gorgeous ,thanks :)
  • kennagirl1916
    Options
    Jimmy Dean D-Lights have been a life saver when you are pressed for time. The turkey sausage, egg white, cheese, muffin has 260 calories or you can do the canadian bacon, egg white, cheese, muffin for 230 calories.
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I cant' wait to try it! Thanks! :)
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    Options
    Number 1- Egg Whites with Pepper and Onions (frozen), Fat Free Cheedar, and a piece of canadian bacon on a whole grain 2x fiber english muffin. Using an egg ring helps it look like a reall eggamuffin

Number 2- Egg Whites, Skim Milk, and a tsp of truvia to make batter Whole Wheat french toast (2 pieces) with sugar free syrup and a tiny bit of smart balance light. With this I have a couple pieces of canadian bacon or more scrambled egg whites to get the protein up.

Number 3-Lite Fat Free yogurt mixed in with raw oatmeal - served cold. Also with this I have a couple pieces of canadian bacon or more scrambled egg whites to get the protein up.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I love Activia light raspberry yogurt but for when I am really hungry I do a Hungry Girl Egg Mug (in the microwave) or her egg/cheese,canadian bacon sandwich (I use Thomas' 100 cal english muffin and 2 slices instead of 3).

Recipes:

Sandwich
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=2101

Egg mugs - there are many'
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/hgsearch.php?keyword=egg mug
  • Brittangel
    Options
    As much as I hate this stuff it will make you loose some pounds...(ROLLING EYES) lol oatmeal!!!! I'm telling you the insulin levels will balance your stomach feels good after digestion and your energy will go up. I have oatmeal before morning workouts and I love the blueberries n cream stuff. Most people tell you just normal oatmeal is good which it is but if you cant stand the baby food feeling in your mouth try some fruit. I add cinnamon on top of mine because thats like knocking two birds with one stone balancing your blood sugar is a huge key in wieghtloss :cry: trust me I've spent ALOT of money on wieghtloss!! Plus it speeds up metabolism. Sliced apples topper if you step on the scales and you wiegh more for no good reason. That fiber will knock out anything lingering from the night before. Sunday brunch I'd go with the oatmeal and a scrambled egg with a tablespoon of olive oil and orange slices.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I had a really good breakfast the other morning:

1/2 multigrain bagel (85)
    1 whole egg and two egg whites, scrambled (140ish)
    1 piece of cheese (65ish)

Toast the bagel, put the cheese on top (I microwaved my bagel for another 7 seconds after, I wanted my cheese melted), then top with the scrambled eggs. Sooooo godd, and less than 300 calories!

I added a medium banana with mine, topping it off at 400 calories.
    I swear, best breakfast I've ever had. I wasn't hungry until 6 hours later.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    gaelbrady your brekkies sound lovely .

I like 2 slices wholemeal seeded toast ,sardines in tomatoe sauce.
    mushrooms on seeded toast
    oat so simple with raisins ,banana,cinnamon .
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal with sugar free mots fruitsations apple sauce (pick what ever flavor you like..I like blueberry) and 1oz chopped (unsalted) walnuts or almonds or whatever nut. Its very filling. For extra protein add flavorless whey powder.

protein powder, skim milk, banana and tsp peanut butter. in a shake.
  • laurafawne
    laurafawne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    bumpin for future reference!