OMG!! Almost punched this guy @ gym!

Options

Replies

• FormerTurboKicker
    Options
    Yeah,so sorry.Some guys r so stupid.It's prob not ur gym,just that one jerk.My gym has all the stuff 2gether,but the weights r 2 the side.I gotta say we have mostly men,but alot of women that do the weights.I have never had any issue with any of the guys.They actually r always there if u need help or a spot.Just 4give him n his stupidity.He wasn't raised right.Lol.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    WOW. I can't believe he would have the nerve to do that...I can promise you I wouldn't have been as gracious as you were!

I agree to report it - it's harassment for sure. However, here's the thing: he's trying to intimidate you, make you feel small and insignificant. Clearly he's got some confident issues. I say, if it happens again, you look him up and down, laugh, and say "Oh that's cute. Run along now, I've got work to do." And then pop your headphones back in and wave him off. He'll feel about an inch tall and look like an even bigger *kitten*.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i'll say sorry for all males. that guy is an dumb butt err i hate people like that. you sould of laugh and pointed at his croch and said you use that little thing. he'll never go near you again
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm appalled at what that guy did, and I hope when you report him that you get a quick response. What I hate most is when you report something and they do nothing.

To respond to another poster's statement. I also go to Planet Fitness, and I still won't go into the weight area. Its very intimidating to go into an area dominated by men and try to lift weights. Number one, I have no idea what I'm doing, none whatsoever, lol, and number two, some of the guys stand around and leer at the women on the cardio equipment. Creeps me out.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I CAN NOT believe this! I contemplated writing so many comments with swear words before I wrote this one - just so you know what I think of him.
    That is the idea of my worst nightmare of a person- what a sexist pig! I would report him to the gym for sexism immediately and hope they do something about him. Complete and utter disgrace.
  • numee2012
    numee2012 Posts: 39
    Options
    im so glad i haven't met anyone like that......talk about verbal diarrhea
  • MsNegron
    MsNegron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, you showed incredible restraint, had it been me, security would have been called cuz i would have WILD OUT. I would have made that guy feel so incredibly small, that the people in the surrounding area may have felt HE was in danger lol.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Some people are so rude. You're totally right to say this is the "everyone that pays to be here." what a d-bag.
  • Janet55555555555
    Options
    I would have reported his but to staff and say "little boy, this is a free country." or say " there is no sign that says men only." Very rude! Hang in there.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i'll say sorry for all males. that guy is an dumb butt err i hate people like that. you sould of laugh and pointed at his croch and said you use that little thing. he'll never go near you again

Lol!! Even though I gave it back to him a bit... I was still kinda scared! I mean the dude was easy 6'3" tall with a good 300lbs on him. If he wanted to he coulda easily dragged me Tarzan style to the treadmill! The funniest thing is... Im not a "little girl"... Im 5' 7" and 40lbs overweight... maybe I should log that as an NSV!! HAHAH
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a jerk off.. I wouldn't have been able to be so nice and he would have been reported.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    don't worry about him, that was probably his only satisfaction for the day. sad people truly do express their pain in the form of complete arrogance and ignorance.
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you for standing your ground and telling him where to stick it. And I think your 35lbs is AMAZING so he can bite me. What a JERK!!!!
  • msarazine
    msarazine Posts: 65
    Options
    What a tool! You keep up the good work and keep using the weights that are there for EVERYONE in the gym.
  • SordidEuphemism
    Options
    If you were in the mens' section, why was this troglodyte there too? Men don't behave like this.
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options
    Yes it's sad but it still goes on. I'm a 50 yr old female Mechanical Engineer. I graduated 28 yrs ago, and I still run into men (both younger and older than I) who question my abilities and feel that I have to prove myself to them.
    Sister! I'm also a 50 year old mechanical engineer. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Getting back on topic, coraliedthomas, you handled yourself well. I also think that reporting it to management would be a good idea. He could be scaring away paying customers that are less self confident and assertive than you.
  • runningdiva77
    Options
    Good for you to stand your ground
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I would have flipped the eff out!!!
  • Dita2810
    Dita2810 Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow! That's so discriminating! the guys in the gym always so helpful whenever us girls hang around in strength training area.
    personal trainers who mostly men are also being supportive to the girls visiting the gym.
    You said the right things to that dude!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

^^^^hehehe