1. P90X

2. Power Blocks

3. Insanity
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    HRM
    Food Scale
    MFP (even though it is free) and Gym Membership (even though it is free since I work there)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    1. Gym Membership
    2. MFP! A time investment, but an invaluable tool.
    3. My Cambelback water bottle. I love the chewy tip, the straw helps me chug it back fast, and I would not remember to drink water at all if I didn't have it around.

Hon. Mentions:

1. GH Proteins+ powder - the expensive stuff, but no nasty fillers or junk in it.
    2. My ShockAbsorber sports bra - it looks like a bullet-proof vest, but it does its job VERY well!
    3. Digital food scale - mine will even give calorie values for what you weigh (doesnt replace MFP though)

Jury's out on: My Polar FT4 HRM. I'm still not sure how accurate it is, kinda wish I bought a fitbit or bodybugg instead
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    1. Gym membership - I just can't make myself workout at home!
    2. Food scale - I was shocked when I saw the difference in the amount I was eating
    3. Protein powder - One that actually tastes GOOD!

(And joining MFP, although that was free!)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    1. Asics running shoes
    2. Polar HRM
    3. Dumbbell sets.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1) Food Scale

2) Heart Rate Monitor

3) Home Gym (Treadmill, Elliptical, Recumbent bike, Stepper, Hand Weights, Exercise Ball, Wii Exercise "games")
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    3. My bike. I love riding. There is no better feeling than reaching the top of a monster climb and knowing that you're 2 seconds away from flying down the back side at 30+ mph.

2. My entry fee into my first Triathlon. After that I was hooked.

1. Time. Every day I take the time to focus on myself and my goals. I use that time to become a better me.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    1. Running shoes
    2. Ipod
    3. Runner's World Magazine

These three things were the main things that got me running and kept me running and educated me on running.. allowing me to lose nearly 50 pounds.. but since then, I think my list has changed:

Now I have to say the 3 best investments (currently) in my fitness are:

1. (still) My running shoes (but I actually slide two into this one, cause I love my Sauconys to run in and my Vibrams for Bootcamp and lifting)

2. my registration to two Warrior Dashes this Spring that have kept me training and focused on improving my fitness level.

3. My gym membership (because I have exponentially increased my strength by using BOTH free weights and a Bootcamp class that's taught there).
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    1. Garmin Watch
    2. iPod/Shuffle
    3. Racing Attire : Running Skirts, Compression Socks & Funky Tights - makes me feel great!

---
    I also own an ARC which I use while watching TV.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My running shoes (Asics GT-2160) (I love them dearly)

Good workout music

My iPod shuffle... it's tiny and clips on so I don't have to hold it(:
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1. Personal Trainer

2. Gym Membership

3. Excellent shoes
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    1) Good shoes! They changed my life.
    2) HRM. Also awesome
    3) Healthy food/fuel for your body
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1. The right shoes (for whoever you are) the pain and injury from cheap-os is just not worth it- and it will make you not want to work out/run!

2. Gym membership- There's no way I can get all my muscles groups as hard at home with just free weights, a ball, and resistance bands

3. Supportive friends and family- without my husband, friends (mfp too), and family encouraging me, I would have quit just days after starting.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    1,My Polar Hrm
    2. My Walk Away the pounds dvds
    3. My hand weights.
  • mikeromeu
    Options
    1. Membership at a hometown gym where I met my wife. We've been working out together for the past 24 years to the day today.
    2. HRM
    3. Properly fitted running shoes
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So far...
    1.) fit bit
    which led me to
    2.) myfitnesspal
    3.) personal trainer - paying a lot of $$ motivates my *kitten* to get there!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    here are my 3

1. knowledge - I say knowledge because knowing what you want is important. Knowing what is going into your mouth is important. Knowing what works, and what doesn't work is important.

2. wanting/determination - If you want it bad enough then you will do anything to get there

3. food diary - it takes 21 days to form a habit, if you don't know what is going into your body then how do you suppose you will loose the weight and get fit.

my other fav investments are:
    1. ipod - i love my music, when working out, and I love the nike plus feature.
    2. a hrm - helps to push you to your max
    3. weights. strength training is also important to fitness.
  • KatieConery
    KatieConery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. xbox kinect (your shape fitness evolved games)
    2. bike
    3. shakeology
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    1. BodyMedia FIT
    2. My husband (he came with a weight set)
    3. RunDouble app