Your 3 best investments for fitness?

Options

Replies

• laurawilliams51
    laurawilliams51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1 Watch what you eat

2 I joined Curves

3 I walk at less 30 min's a day even if it is in the house going from room to room

Did you read the original post? None of these are investments :)
  • laurawilliams51
    Options
    don't be mean
  • laurawilliams51
    Options
    1 Watch what you eat

2 I joined Curves

3 I walk at less 30 min's a day even if it is in the house going from room to room

It's an investment in her fight to be healthy

don't be mean! it's all an investment
  • KateFitness89
    Options
    1. A Heart Rate Monitor!!! This has been so helpful in tracking how many calories I actually burn during workouts. For example I've been told that hot yoga can burn up to 1000 calories a class. In reality I burn 250-400 for a 90 minute class. It's so helpful so you make the most of your workout and you don't waste your time.

2. 30 Day Shred. It's quite the workout and it's not very time consuming. I think I spent only $6-$7 on a digital copy on Amazon.

3. Netflix and not for the workout videos but because watching shows like Biggest Loser keeps me motivated.

Honestly though spending my time on MFP has been so incredibly helpful. I would not have lost all the pounds I have without counting calories.

3643484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • _CiaoParis
    _CiaoParis Posts: 166
    Options
    1. A treadmill
    2. Wii Fit
    3. Weights, yoga mat, etc. :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1. My time/focus/drive.
    2. Gym membership - love running outdoors, have seen the best results with lifting though.
    3. Good attire (supportive sports bra, quality running shoes, etc.)
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    1. Personal trainer - actually 30 sessions were a gift from a very good friend, but i will need to continue once used

2. MFP - not a cash investment, but a time investment. Before MFP, i was not paying any attention to the food, so never would have seen the fitness and overall health results i am getting now

3. FitBit - it is adorable and motivates me every day in a number of ways
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just starting out but...

My arm band for my droid (Pandora and C25k app)

Trail running shoes.

My black compression running leggings (Calms the jiggles.)
  • rlodin
    rlodin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. Judo club membership - its way more intense than any gym workout i've done and a heap more fun.

2. Gym membership - first got me into regular excersise

3. vegetables ;)
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1 Watch what you eat

2 I joined Curves

From who's point of view?
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    1. WEIGHTS. Weights via gym membership or home investment. I would like to hang off this one and say a personal trainer to show you how to use said weights.

2. FOOD. Buying the proper, clean, healthy and mostly fresh food will help you be successful in your fitness endeavor.

3. TECH GADGET(S). Not necessary but I love my iPod nano and used to use my HRM on a daily basis.

---

I feel like OP was asking about monetary investments for fitness but while time is money I think this is the most important:

TIME. You need to invest time in order to:

lift weights,
    run/bike/climb those miles and minutes,
    learn proper technique with weights,
    get your heart strong with cardio activities,
    learn about proper nutrition and healthy foods,
    cook healthy meals,
    prepare the day before (cook meals, pack gym bag, commute to gym),
    lose body fat/gain muscle and ultimately....
    SEE RESULTS.

:D
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    1. iPhone - I resisted for years because I am such a tight wad. Thinking I don't really *need* an internet-capable phone. Well, a smaller cell phone carrier had a package I couldn't pass up. I was getting more service for what I was paying AT&T. My phone has all of my songs, it has MFP so I can log on the go, it has my weight lifting log. Love it!!!

2. Gym Membership to a gym that I really like. I belonged to another gym for several years but the gym had problems and I was tired of their promised that "they were working on it". I LOVE my new gym!!!

3. Barefoot Shoes - Screw the supponate pronate crap - I finally can run and exercise again pain free by letting my muscles support my body rather than relying on a piece of rubber made in China.

4. HRM - It motivates me. There have been many times when I workout an extra 10-15 minutes just to get to the next even hundred. Or I know I'm going out that night. I will add up how many calories wine is and exercise that long. Also, there is a big difference in "getting through" a workout and "giving a workout your all". It shows up in results and on the HRM.

Investments I'm considering... Food Scale and Fitbit
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Running shoes.
    Running bra.
    Running tights.

You get the idea... :-)

I love my gym membership too. Big weights.
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. lanyard headphones - they never fall off :)
    2. iphone + Kinetic app
    3. kitchen scales
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    TIME - not just for working out but for research on the internet
    Heart Rate monitor - for accuracy
    MFP - because finally after years of working out I had a way to manage my gym and diet routine
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    1 Watch what you eat

2 I joined Curves

I think that they are investments in herself! Who is to say making yourself a priority isn't a investment for some people?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    my exercise dvds
    my hrm
    and my asics!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1. Fiona (moving comfort sports bra)
    2. HRM
    3. P90X - Not because of the program but because it changed the way I felt about my body and what I could do with it.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1. P90X
    2. Turbo Fire
    3. Shakeology (Chocolate or Tropical Strawberry YUM)