Your 3 best investments for fitness?

Options

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1. Treadmill - best $1000 I ever spent
    2. Good sneakers - I used to think that spending $140 on sneakers was nuts, but I've noticed a world of difference between my new sneakers and the cheapie $80 ones I used to buy.
    3. A good sports bra - you should not have a uniboob nor should you bounce when you work out!
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    1. MFP(having dedication to stick to it helped me the most)
    2. Joining a gym
    3. Getting training partners(Helps me get forced reps and pushes me harder, plus it's more fun with a friend)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    1: internet service (so i can use this amazing site)
    2: food scale
    3: close tie between HRM and gym membership. gym is providing more now, but last year the HRM was valuable to me
  • ahersh00
    ahersh00 Posts: 85
    Options
    1. HRM
    2. Food scale
    3. Tennis shoes
  • clarkies3
    Options
    1. Spotify app on my iPhone
    2. Music that makes your feet hit the treadmill or pavement
    3. Someone to keep you accountable!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    1. Body for Life. Even though in hindsight, a lot of the book was broscience, it really set me on the right path
    2. Powerblock Adjustable dumbbells and bench
    3. Treadmill

Over time, #2 was eventually replaced/augmented with a power rack, olympic barbell, plates, and bumber plates.
  • sren4th
    sren4th Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey there,

mine had been WII sport, alot of yard work, and Insanity ( its hard the first 2 weeks and believe me i have days where i have to force myself but after this its like you can't help but do it and you see the results - no weights needed besides your own body weight/strenght) :wink:

Sandra
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    1. gym membership
    2. stationary recumbant bike
    3. HRM

it is hard to pick only 3, there are a few more that are really valuable also
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1. The investment of time into MFP!
    2. HRM
    3. Food scale
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sports bra, food scale, gym membership. I had a sports bra, but it was cheap and on my first day at the gym class, I had to constantly adjust things! So I went out and spend forty dollars on a great Champion bra and it was a lifesaver.

Food scale is important to make sure I am eating what I think I am eating. There is no sense in logging food if you are just estimating.

Gym membership is invaluable. I go every morning to the cardio, body pump and body combat classes and I have done this for two months and I feel so great! Am losing at a steady pace although a little slow, but my measurements show three inches lost on waist and two on hips.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    1 Watch what you eat

2 I joined Curves

3 I walk at less 30 min's a day even if it is in the house going from room to room

Did you read the original post? None of these are investments :)

Maybe not #1 but the other 2 are.....She has invested her time......Investments does not always mean money, it can mean time as well.............
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    MFP

Polar FT4 hrm

Time. Making time for myself. I invest in me and that is the best yet.

my dad bought my running shoes as a present for christmas, my gym membership is paid up for a year thanks to my ex, and my next investment is a PT coming soon :)
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    1. MFP and Local community weight race ($12.50 for weight race included because MFP is free!)
    2. Good pair of cross training shoes
    3. Eliptical for home(actually free from someone at work) for when weather is bad(Wisconsin winters are a pain for someone who likes to exercise outside!)

Also have a pedometer and strive for 10,000 steps a day.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    1. FOOD - MyFitFoods
    2. Gym - Personal Trainer
    3. Running Shoes
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. A resistance band. So versatile.
    2. A good 1-liter water bottle. I'm lost without my water bottle.
    3. An intake journal. Having a place to write my intake has been really important to me ever since I quit counting calories.

I could go on for so much longer.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1. GYM...I never kept off any weight I lost before because I didn't exercise. I LOVE my gym & the classes, equipment, & friends I've made who've kept me motivated. I would NOT have been successful without it!
    2. HRM...I know how hard I'm working by the numbers & it pushes me to work harder. When I'm eating back exercise calories, I know they are not being overestimated! I also use it to train for running outside...I can tell my heart rate & time, which is really important.
    3. Good shoes specific to the type of workouts you do...when I started running, I was wearing tennis shoes I wore all the time to run in & was getting shin splints & my legs were wearing out easily. I invested in a new pair of running shoes, & it was like magic! I run faster & longer, don't feel as sore, & don't get shin splints anymore! I also was wearing these same tennis shoes to zumba & once I got better at it & could do the moves with more emphasis, I was having knee pains after every class. I invested in some dance shoes with less tread, & OMG, it made all the difference in the world, too! I don't have those problems anymore & I can actually pivot & slide :)
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    HRM

Food scale

NB running shoes
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    I invested in

2 pairs of great sneakers

2 plus size sports bra

HRM