Are we there yet? Man in a kilt - cool or dorky?

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    A lot of the men I know wear kilts. Most men look great in them! Be careful how you sit if you're going regimental though....
  • AguaLily
    AguaLily Posts: 3
    Options
    This past weekend I was surrounded by gents in kilts ... This upcoming weekend I'll be surrounded by gents in kilts. I say absolutely go for it! :)
  • AguaLily
    Options
    Indeed ... Of course, I was surrounded by a lot of Celts. So there you have it. *grin*
  • AguaLily
    Options
    NOW you MUST get one! :)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    $(KGrHqJ,!nkE63U,eukNBPE(1NlDEg~~60_58.JPG

Yes. I think there cool. And so does my husband. He has a black utila-kilt with the proper black leather belt. And he wore it proudly last Saturday. Go for it!!!:smile:
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am Scottish and think men wearing a kilt is more sexy than trousers. we in the West of Scotland really appreciate tourist that make an effort to wear the kilt. Go for it !!

Really? I'm in the West of Scotland, too, and have never yet found any fellow Scot who likes to see a tourist in a kilt! Lol.
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    Rock the kilt! Scottish or not, who cares? You, my dear, would look amazing in a kilt!
  • Kiltie2012
    Options
    I live in the West of Scotland and have 5 kilts which include my family tartan and also a plain black kilt. I always said when I retired early that I would wear my kilts as often as possible including for normal day wear. Thats exactly what I do and it seems to be well received by most people I meet. Its really the feeling of the kilt being the national dress and a symbol of Scotland coupled with the fact that it gives confidence and is also a 'driver' in my incentives to remain as fit and trim as is possible nowadays.
    I always find it very refreshing to have someone stop me and ask about the kilt and also to compliment me on the appearance of it. Its a great icebreaker and seems to always put a smile on a ladies face. That cant be too bad at my age so rock on the kilt. I'm trying to buck the trend of kilts just being worn for weddings and sporting events by wearing mine as many days as I can.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Depends on the man...saw a guy in a kilt when I went to visit my boyfriend. I thought they were trip pants from hot topic :laugh:
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I would go for it. I have had mine for 3 years now and wear it 5 to 6 times a year. It is of family tartan and made of wool. The post about being warm in the summer is 100% correct. Sure you get a breeze from time to time, but with the Hose and the long sleeve shirts there are very warm during the summer. I have a picture of me in one posted on my profile.

I attend the highland games 4 times a year and you see all kinds of kilts on people, so what ever you pick will work.

You will be asked "the question" so be ready to answer.

Have fun
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Men in kilts = Hot! :love:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I still think it would be strange for me to see someone dressed in a kilt outside of a festival or theme or something like that.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a bagpiper, so I might have a bit of bias. I like my kilt! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I think it is rather sexy! Go for it
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I would hump your leg.
    Well, not actually, cause that whole married thing, but I would at least drool openly.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a casual kilt for OCCASIONAL weekend wear. Church, dinners out, summer happenings. My old friend Kase wore one to the company Xmas party last year and totally pulled it off.

So what's the MFP gang's verdict? Interesting kooky fun - or "Mark of a *kitten*/attention *kitten*"?

I do have a pretty decent pair of sticks, if that makes any diff.

Be honest, I can take it.

(Edited to add the word "Occasional". I'm not planning to wear the silly thing every day. There are times and places where this might make sense, and I have a pretty good idea when to stick to normal garb.)
    I don't think I have the guts to wear one occasionally on weekends, but I did rent one for a golf tournament last year. Super comfortable. No swamp-*kitten* on a hot day, so that was nice. I say do it!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Kilts for any occasion I say. My family comes from Scotland, but sadly we don't belong to any clan. I researched a lot and found out from a Scottish historian that we were our own little family clan that was only called out by the nobles during times of need (War).

I would love to get my family colors and rock the Kilt.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a Scotsman, also without any clan history - so I wear a modern tartan, Flower of Scotland, used to wear it out hillwalking or to the opening of a fridge door. Love. It.

DO IT !!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Cool *and* dorky, which to my mind is a seriously hot combination.

Go. For. It.

THIS.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Verrryyyyy sexy!!! Omg :heart: