New Green Team Week 1

Options

Replies

• mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Porka, i definitely know where your coming from, definitely lose my patience with my BF over alot of rediculous things sometimes, for instance, today I was fed up with the mess in the house, and started cleaning, and I got 'snippy' about the bed not being made haha....oh well, i guess thats what men love us for lol....anyhow I did very good today, had more than my three servings of fruit, 1 large banana, and munched alot on some fresh watermelon, yum :) Definitely got to the gym and stayed under my maximum calories by almost 500, since i gained some by working out. I felt very good about myself today! definitely!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Porka, i definitely know where your coming from, definitely lose my patience with my BF over alot of rediculous things sometimes, for instance, today I was fed up with the mess in the house, and started cleaning, and I got 'snippy' about the bed not being made haha....oh well, i guess thats what men love us for lol....anyhow I did very good today, had more than my three servings of fruit, 1 large banana, and munched alot on some fresh watermelon, yum :) Definitely got to the gym and stayed under my maximum calories by almost 500, since i gained some by working out. I felt very good about myself today! definitely!

Girl, thanks for the commiseration/confirmation. It's quite out of character for me, I'm thinking I am worried about being up on my weight as I have slipped some even though I got back to the gym. With that said, he's been my bf for more than 13 years so I certainly know he's not likely to finish a project when started, I was just being snippy - thus why I apologized cause I usually choose to join em not beat em! :happy: Glad to have you here with us!
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    well it must be the day our significant others are feeling some or wanting some pitty....i guess my dh had a bad day at work...... yeah, so, move on..... i prepare him a salad for supper and he is planning to also have an omlet.... well, after i eat my salad, and before he starts HIS supper,( he didnt eat with me b/c he was on the pc :grumble: ) he insists he needs his hair cut, right now, not gonna wait, he's tired and wants to take a shower.....so he gets out the cape and cutting supplies... he relaxes in the chair and watches tv while i cut his hair. done. he showers and then goes to prepare his omlet and there is NO meat to throw in, NO chopped veggies ready, not even an onion, but we have 3 bags of cheese.......so he becomes unglued!!! gets mad, in his anger he goes outside and cleans our porch, where all of our recyclables go, pop cans, etc. it is 8pm now, and he has not had supper....... when he comes in he is still fuming and tells me i need to take care of all my messes and he hopes i am doing nothing tomorrow and not going anywhere so i can clean everything.......hmmmmm.....and he knows that i took the afternoon off from bus driving b/c i had a personal day to use, a day for MYSELF....so, what did he have for supper : a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate syrup, chopped walnuts and some FORGET ME NOT cookies! :happy:
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    oh and jacque, orange and apple today. :tongue: thanks for doing this, we appreciate it!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    well it must be the day our significant others are feeling some or wanting some pitty....i guess my dh had a bad day at work...... yeah, so, move on..... i prepare him a salad for supper and he is planning to also have an omlet.... well, after i eat my salad, and before he starts HIS supper,( he didnt eat with me b/c he was on the pc :grumble: ) he insists he needs his hair cut, right now, not gonna wait, he's tired and wants to take a shower.....so he gets out the cape and cutting supplies... he relaxes in the chair and watches tv while i cut his hair. done. he showers and then goes to prepare his omlet and there is NO meat to throw in, NO chopped veggies ready, not even an onion, but we have 3 bags of cheese.......so he becomes unglued!!! gets mad, in his anger he goes outside and cleans our porch, where all of our recyclables go, pop cans, etc. it is 8pm now, and he has not had supper....... when he comes in he is still fuming and tells me i need to take care of all my messes and he hopes i am doing nothing tomorrow and not going anywhere so i can clean everything.......hmmmmm.....and he knows that i took the afternoon off from bus driving b/c i had a personal day to use, a day for MYSELF....so, what did he have for supper : a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate syrup, chopped walnuts and some FORGET ME NOT cookies! :happy:

It must've been in the cards today/tonight - certainly your experience sounds reminisent to what I experienced except I am usually the one not being *****ed at - with that said, sorry for your lack of dinner and guess we all (bf's, hubby's and all) fall of said wagon and act like fools!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately cannot join the squats my hip and lower back is still really really bad. I was hoping that I would be better, a short walk today did not help, and I want to go tomorrow....but not sure if I can make it.

So I will see if I can't come up with something else for the week so I can still feel like I am doin somethin.....
    :explode:
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi green team!

I re-made my account on MFP to be able to post here again. I am sorry I left so suddenly, perhaps you have guessed the reason why... I am very emotional and I was on MFP a lot, the GT particularly, but you know the last weeks it was so empty in the thread, i click "my topics" every time hoping someone posted but nada... Not to mention how many people left the team... It hurt me a lot and had a very demotivating impact on me, so I thought to myself it's pointless trying anymore and better leave the site. Then of course I felt guilty and came back to check what's going on and to my surprise there is a new green team... I guess that's the best option since there are so few people left from the old team. I prefer to not join any teams any more as they all seem to fall apart after a while and I am definitely in it for the long run.

I see many new names in the thread, so I want to wish you all best of luck and never give up on yourself! It's 4 months today since I started my journey and I am as determined as ever to make it to my goals, lost almost 60 pounds already and the rest is just a matter of time. As long as you really want it and stay focused on your real dreams not just the momentary weakness, everything is possible and achievable!

:flowerforyou:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Purr,
    We really miss you!!:sad: I understand your frustration. I really hope you reconsider and stay on board. You were an inspiration to us oldies that are still here and I know you would be to the new also. I think to move forward you need to learn from mistakes. I hope you had a chance to read all that's been written. So from our mistakes we are asking each person to cover the thread on their week so no one is left feeeling like they are the only one. unfortanly you were the reason we learned this mistake. But I have to admit when you take charge it hard, I have been having to redirect my priorties and since being faithful this last week to checking in daily I have seen a difference. So maybe if you can forgive me ( i can't speak for anyone else)I am truely sorry and am gonna try harder. If you decide not to join back up I totally understand but I ask please stop in from time to time and share your experiences, advice and motivation. You weree really a great motivator!!
    Jacque
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: wELCOME BACK Purrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I am erica
    Its nice to meet another person doing so well on their journey:heart:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    Jacque-Got my fruit in this morning 1 huge banana, and grape juice.
    Im worried about the weigh in tomarrow :blushing: I quit smoking 2 days ago and I am EATING!!!! even though it is a lot of carrots and stuff I am just eating more.....oh well I guess
  • jacque509
    Options
    Fruit 5/15 5/16 5/17 5/18 5/19 5/20 5/21
    aml0484 x x x x x
    ammcnett x x x x x
    astarte09 x x x
    azwildcatfan94 x x x x x
    chels0
    caliecat x x x x
    deerfeets
    demezat
    missvitavoncherry x x x x x x
    holly78
    hollyb321 x
    jacque509 x x
    kitn621 x x x x x x
    kellya x x x x x
    lose2cruise
    missheidi x x
    mschooley x x x
    porka29 x x x
    ramb
    realta x x x x
    sallydeb x
    sassiebritches x x x x
    sfischer20
    Hey Guys today is your last day for fruit intake and it looks good. Tonight I will start a new Thread (Green Team Week 2)So it will be ready for tomorrow weight in!! Go Team!!

Now aml0484 will give us our next challenge and keep the converstation going for the week.

kitn621 has brought to the team attention a good long term challenge, Squats-completely voulintary I will repost the web site that gives you a schedule. I am going to try to do this, My question is do we want to have someone keep records to keep up motivation, and if so, any volunteers? Remember its a 6 week program so we may need to share the responsibily between the people who want/or able to do it. Any ideas welcome,
    Ok all have a good day and I will check in later!!:devil:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ok here is that web site www.twohundredsquats.com I my self thinks it a great set up and will probably suggest we do the push-up and sit-up one after we finish the squats.:laugh:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Got a lot of fruit in today!
    It has officially been 24 hours since I have quit smoking!:bigsmile: Temptation is pounding in my head though!:devil:
    Don't worry, worry cuase stress and stress cause temptation to get out of hand. I quit 15 years ago and yes its hard but you can do it. I was a major chain smoker! so there was challenges, and backsliding but each day got easier after awhile. If you back slide its ok just quit again, and make chages, the changes is what helped me
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    I would love to do the squats. I already went on the site to check it out and what not, took the inital test and I am ready to start whenever!!!!:bigsmile:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice, so natural, i am amazed how different the OJ in the cartons tastes! :drinker:
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    I am starting the squats on monday so as to do Mon, Wed, and Friday.
    If we want to keep track of it and keep it posted on how everyone is doing....I will do it. I will just need to know who is doing it and when we ALL want to start. Actually to tell you the truth, thinking about it, it might be easier to start tomorrow. So as to start the squats as we start our new week. If thats okay those who want to do that just let me know and I will start a chart of some sort and just keep track of how many complete the week with all 3 days and so in 6 weeks we can see where we all are. Maybe take measurements to see any inches lost??? let me know ideas. I dont really know what to do, just know I want to and will help if I can. :happy:
  • kitn621
    Options
    Congrats MissVitaVonCherry...on your stopping smoking. I have been quit since Feb of 2008 and I had found it to be much easier to do when I did work out and realize real quickly how much better I felt day after day not being as exausted or hacking from my lungs not being as refreshed. It is so hard to do but sooo worth it and we are all behind you 100%. Plan ahead on what you to do when you get cravings.
    I used to smoke NON STOP if I was real mad...so I made it a habit to take my ipod and take a LOOONNGGG walk whenever someone or something made me mad and I hid all my lighters or threw them away so as not to be tempted with knowing I could light up.
    After I quit my husband followed behind me and now hes been quit almost a year now.
    It is well worth it to treat your body to a long and healthy life. And this is for all of you who have quit smoking. and for those who want to...make sure you do it with the knowledge before hand that it will be hard and every risk worth taking leads to a great feeling of accomplishment and you will only have yourself to be happy and content with. You will have been the one to have struggled with the cravings and be the one that can look at those that you love and know you will be around that much longer b/c you cared about yourself that much to make yourself healthier. Good luck to all of you with any struggles or hurdles you have with your life. The end result is well worth it!!!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I ate my 2 servings of fruit today.

I'm up for the squats. Just did my initial test, so, I'm ready to go Monday. I know my way around a spreadsheet, so if you tell me what you want it to track, I'll volunteer to set it up.
  • kitn621
    Options
    thanks azwildcatfan94 for volunteering too. If you know more about the whole spreadsheet that would be great. I dont mind doing it...I know a little bit but probably not as much as would benefit making this look good and easy to maintain or even understand :ohwell:
    But if you need help you can tell me. If ever you cant keep it posted one week or something I can take it over for you. you can just email me and let me know.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    thanks azwildcatfan94 for volunteering too. If you know more about the whole spreadsheet that would be great. I dont mind doing it...I know a little bit but probably not as much as would benefit making this look good and easy to maintain or even understand :ohwell:
    But if you need help you can tell me. If ever you cant keep it posted one week or something I can take it over for you. you can just email me and let me know.

Sounds good. From looking at the program, do people just want to report their initial test result and then where they are at the end of each week? Or did I not read it close enough? I have a list of names of people that have posted their interest so far, please let me know if you want to be added or removed. I vote we all start week 1 on monday. That gives time for other people to join and do their initial test. Here's the list so far:

aml0484
    azwildcatfan94--25 at initial test
    Jacque509
    kitn621
    MissVitaVonCherry
    Porka29
    sfischer20