what size did you wear at 125 lb 5'4"

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
just curious. i know it varies considerably but just wondered the brand/size
i am in 5's and can fit into 6's and one pair of 4's (levis) and some 4's in express (but i know those run large)

Replies

• sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4 and the lowest I've been was 130lb and I was in small 8s and some 6s. That's NZ sizes so the equiv of small 4s and some 2s US sizes.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    this is why i think i need to lower my body fat a little bit... i think i should be able to wear mostly 4's and 2's at this weight.
  • daniellvecchione
    Options
    I usually wear 2 or 4 from express/gap. 28" for jeans with waist size. Right now I am sitting at 134, but clothes stayed the same at my lowest 124
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm 125 and 5'5''. I wear size 2-3 and all my tops are small.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    this is why i think i need to lower my body fat a little bit... i think i should be able to wear mostly 4's and 2's at this weight.

It depends on where your body distributes your weight... are you apple shaped? If you carry weight around your middle section, the smaller sizes won't be able to button at your waist. Weight on the scale is just a number. What are your measurements? I would put someone at that height around a 4 or 6. I know someone who is that height/weight and she wears a larger pant size than me, and I have 10 lbs on her, easily.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'5" and about 125, she wears a size 2...skinny *kitten* that woman is...
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and was 127.5 on Monday. I wear 5/6's and they fit really well at the beginning and then become baggy after a few hours. I have tried on some 3/4's and they fit, but are a little tight for my comfort level.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options

It all depends on your body shape, too though.
    I could get back down to 130lb now (although I'm not aiming for it by any means) but I'm 10 years and 2 kids older. My body was still developing back then (@17) and my hips are wider now too. I'd never get much smaller than a NZ10/US6 now just because of my hips, no matter what weight.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Depending on body type, size can vary.
  • MJ7910
    Options

It depends on where your body distributes your weight... are you apple shaped? If you carry weight around your middle section, the smaller sizes won't be able to button at your waist. Weight on the scale is just a number. What are your measurements? I would put someone at that height around a 4 or 6. I know someone who is that height/weight and she wears a larger pant size than me, and I have 10 lbs on her, easily.

exactly! my waist is 28-29 depending on the day. my hips are 35-36... you would think i could wear 2's and 4's but i do carry weight around the middle. i hate that! wish i could change up how things are distributed. i look like a boy with no waist
  • emmabooters
    emmabooters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was 135 (5'3) I still wore a size 8. I don't have much of a butt, and my stomach was fairly flat. I could have probably lost a little more weight but I was extremely happy were I was at.
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". When I used to be 130ish lb, I can only fit into a size 8 pants. It doesn't help that I have pear shaped body. My hip/butt won't let me fit into anything smaller :(
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    i'm pregnant now. but when i was 133-ish i wore 2's from american eagle. some 4's depending on cut.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    exactly! my waist is 28-29 depending on the day. my hips are 35-36... you would think i could wear 2's and 4's but i do carry weight around the middle. i hate that! wish i could change up how things are distributed. i look like a boy with no waist

If your waist is a 28-29, that would put you in a 4-6. That's why you can't get into a 2. Size 2 is generally a 25-26 inch waist. I have a 27.5 inch waist and I wear a 6 generally, sometimes a 4, my butt is my issue so if the hips are free or stretchy, I wear a smaller size.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i can wear low rise pretty well but anythign that is a normal cut i have to wear a larger size because of having no waist.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and when I was in junior high/high school I weighed 115-125 and I don't remember every being smaller than a 7. *Maybe* in junior high I was a 5. But, I've always had good sized hips and booty. When I was 130ish I did fit into a size 4 pair of Banana Republic jeans. My goal is to get back into them!
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I haven't been 125 for about 10 years, but when I was 125 I wore a size 6. I have a feeling that if I were to get back down to 125 now, though, that I would be a little bigger, just because I've matured more since then.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5"2 1/2 115 wear 3. my mom is 5"4 130 and wears a 3-5 it depends on your portioning..besides,pants size matters none..If your healthy and fit.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    it's so hard to tell anyway with all this vanity sizing! i wish they'd just use waist/hips... i wouldn't really care, at least i'd know what size to buy
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am 125 ish and 5'5" and wear a UK 8, US 2.