what size did you wear at 125 lb 5'4"

Options

Replies

• Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at 125 I wear size 4 or 2 jeans/pants depending on brand.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i can wear low rise pretty well but anythign that is a normal cut i have to wear a larger size because of having no waist.

Defined waist dresses with a belt, girl, that's all I'm sayin' haha :)
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The smallest I can remember that I was -- right out of high school heading to college -- I was at 110-115 lbs and wore a size 4. But, I think clothing sizes may be different these days? I don't remember ever hearing of a size 0 back then. Not sure. The last time I worked my way down to 165-170 I was at a size 12. So 125 may put it at a 5 or 6 maybe. But, body type will have something to do with it also.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well and the last time I was 125 was pre-babies. I have always been very athletic and I have small hips but when I was around 120 I was in a size 0 and they were a little big. The best weight for my frame (T frame like a football player...lol) is 135-145 and that will put me in a size 4/5.

Hope this helps.
  • cydonian
    Options
    I am 125 ish and 5'5" and wear a UK 8, US 2.

^ that's a US4, FYI.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options

My waist is 26 and hips 33 or 34

Sorry, am having weirdness with my browser.
  • raechellg
    raechellg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    body shape is def a big factor.. the women in my family are extremely skinny with wider hips and tall .. so even tho they only weight 110 - 120 they still have to wear anywhere from a 4 or a 6.. i didn't get the hips so at my smallest i can wear a zero or a 1 since i have tiny hips and am the short one lol . i have a LONG way to go to get there again but hopefully it will happen.. but i would say don't go so much on jean size as personal comfort zone. some women look better with a couple extra pounds to not look sickly skinny.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I wear a small top but a 6 bottom. I carry most of my weight on the hips/thighs.

Instead of trying to lose any more weight on the scale, I'm trying to gain muscle and decrease fat % and hopefully will see some measurements go down!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options

^ that's a US4, FYI.

It's really not. I know technically it should be, but the sizings just don't work like that. The US clothes I have are all 0s and 2s. I have a pair of size 4 jeans that are too big for me.

A lot of UK 8s are too big for me, but that's vanity sizing. Anyway, there are no shops in my town that sell smaller than an 8, so that's what I buy. It basically means the smallest size. I wear a 25 in jeans.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' but at 125lbs I was wearing a size 3 in Juniors. Now at 140lbs, I'm not quite back into a size 9 in Juniors. JEEZ. lol
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    this is why i think i need to lower my body fat a little bit... i think i should be able to wear mostly 4's and 2's at this weight.

I have no idea what your body fat situation is, but stop focusing on the size!!!! You're only going to kill yourself trying to fit intos 2s all the time, it's a very unhealthy attitude to have.
  • cydonian
    Options

^ that's a US4, FYI.

It's really not. I know technically it should be, but the sizings just don't work like that. The US clothes I have are all 0s and 2s. I have a pair of size 4 jeans that are too big for me.

It really depends on the measurements... you're a 0/2 because of your waist/hip ratio. I have a lot of UK size 8s and I'm not a US2, my waist is about 1.5 inches bigger than yours and hips... let's not go there haha.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP, I think we are just about the same size...and I totally feel your frustrations. I am a 6 in some pants, and still an 8 in others. The 8's are loose to begin with, and some of the 6's get loose after a few hours of wearing them. But at 5'3" and 125 you would think I would be able to get in a size 4.

I have the same "no-waist" issue as you. I'm small busted to begin with (and they've even shrank since losing 18 lbs!), and have big hips (37", which is actually down about 4 inches from where I started)....but my waist is somewhere around 28-29" and just doesn't want to shrink. My bust is not much bigger than my waist. Grr. I just want a REAL waist.

Okay, vent over. I commiserate with you totally!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    At 5'5 and anywhere between 125 and 133 in the past 5 months, I'm a 2 or 4 in misses, and a 5 or 7 in juniors. I did try on a pair of size 3s that fit, but they were a fluke.

But I have anywhere 2, 4, 6 and 8 in misses and 5, 7, 9 and 11 in juniors in my closet that are all wearable. Depends on the cut, the amount of stretch, plus I have wide hips so lose jeans won't fall down unless they're wayyyy too loose.
  • cydonian
    Options
    I have the same "no-waist" issue as you. I'm small busted to begin with (and they've even shrank since losing 18 lbs!), and have big hips (37", which is actually down about 4 inches from where I started)....but my waist is somewhere around 28-29" and just doesn't want to shrink. My bust is not much bigger than my waist. Grr. I just want a REAL waist.

Oh honey, don't hate on yourself. You don't have "big" hips, quit thinking like that! Everyone's body shape can be worked with. Same to the OP. You think you have "no waist", it's all about wearing clothes that shape and flatter you, and you can create a waist through belts and such. My waist is 27.5'' and my hips are a whopping 40'' (most of that is my butt) and it took me years to realize that I had to find things that flattered!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4 and the lowest I've been was 130lb and I was in small 8s and some 6s. That's NZ sizes so the equiv of small 4s and some 2s US sizes.

Wow I was NZ 10-almost 12 when I was 126lb. Goes to show that in can vary so much!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm 136, 5'3" and wear a 2 in most brands.
  • Mariana_87
    Options
    I wore size 4's Oh how I miss being a size 4
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    exactly! my waist is 28-29 depending on the day. my hips are 35-36... you would think i could wear 2's and 4's but i do carry weight around the middle. i hate that! wish i could change up how things are distributed. i look like a boy with no waist

If your waist is a 28-29, that would put you in a 4-6. That's why you can't get into a 2. Size 2 is generally a 25-26 inch waist. I have a 27.5 inch waist and I wear a 6 generally, sometimes a 4, my butt is my issue so if the hips are free or stretchy, I wear a smaller size.

This^